Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trekzone

The more things change...

Hiya all!

It has been TOOOO LONG since I was here. And oh my god, it's just the way I remember it. I hope to catch up with all the "old" faces around here:

- VaBeachGuy

- Alterego

- Braltar Nirk

- Captain Hair

- ddillard

- master_q

...who've i missed? Too many I'm sure. I checked the "posts since last view" and I've got 352 pages of topics to catch up on.

Oh boy, alot has happened since I've been gone...but they are tails for another post (here in my new personal log).

I've just managed to get on top of uni work, so I'm revisiting my old neighborhoods once more.

!!! :assimilated:

thanks guys!

one of the things i've been working on is this:

AUSTRALIAN SCIENCE FICTION: FROM THE ASHES

'07 Shorts

For too long, there has been an abyss of Australian science fiction. The last production here was Farscape, which ended in 2003. (Granted, it made a brief come back with the Peacekeeper Wars, but that was produced entirely by the Sci Fi Channel in the States.

As SPNproductions - I have been inspired to conceive my first 5 year goal - produce a television pilot, at least, for a brand new science fiction series, have it globally recognised and breaking records here in Australia.

This is where '07 Shorts comes in.

EDITOR'S NOTE: '07 SHORTS will be a series of short films, each being a "mini pilot", to determine feasability and to assess how it looks, feels and appears on screen. If it doesnt flow, or if it doesn't seem right it's no great loss. But we can build a timeline from it, as well as a showcase.

'07 Shorts is my way of understanding what YOU want...similiar to Star Trek, or Star Wars, Babylon 5 or something different? Are we the heros of the universe? Or are we running?, at war? If we're at war, are we winning or losing? What do the aliens look like? IT IS ALL UP TO YOU.

I know that there are a group of renowned writers (including Manny Coto & Tim Brazeal) in the States trying to do a very similiar thing, and I want to work with them, not against. I want to have a massive worldwide production, so big that it needs the Death Star to make it happen. I want it on screen, and being televised - making money and employing Australians mainly to make a dream come true.

I have realised that Star Trek didn't come around because Gene sat down all the time. I have realised that he was rejected by Desi Lu Studios, but he kept fighting - and his dream lived.

Call me a fanatic, but since Conflux III opened my eyes, I have been trying to focus on this. It is the life force that is keeping me going. WE NEED TO MAKE THIS WORK.

Some say Star Trek is dead, I don't agree - however it is time to look at alternatives... I have been watching Babylon 5 the past month and have noticed that that is an achievable future - we can be orbiting Epsilon III within my lifetime.

This project is up to you. Your voice counts. I will be making contact with Sci Fi Studios in the coming days and I will begin to collaborate events. Will you join me?

:P Welcome back trekzone i was kinda wondering why i had'nt seen you around,i thought mabe the Ash'es?

Farscape was a great show,its a shame it could'nt have ran longer :assimilated: