Sign in to follow this  
ARMS

I'm off

It's been nice knowing you, but I cannot stay, this is the longest I've been on a forum I still visit in the 8 years I've been on message boards, when I first arrived about 3 years ago, this place was great, in that time there's been a steep decline in quality.

Lately there has been;

Excessive religious preaching

Loss of good members

No Trek talk

No Trivia

Spam

I would have stayed and tried to help build the place back up, but I cannot stand censorship, and this place is full of it, preaching is allowed, whereas arguing against it is forbidden and silenced, forget it.

Though I won't be missed, I'd like you all to know that I enjoyed chatting with the majority here, your good people.

Goodbye

Adam

P.S Alterego, what's left to mod?

Edited by ARMS

I hope you change your mind and stay, ARMS. I've enjoyed your posts. I think I know of the posts you speak of that got deleted and I think there has been a misunderstanding. Why not hang around for a little bit longer and lets see if we can clear it up?

Edited by Kor37

I hope you change your mind and stay, ARMS. I've enjoyed your posts. I think I know of the posts you speak of that got deleted and I think there has been a misunderstanding. Why not hang around for a little bit longer and lets see if we can clear it up?

Thanks Kor :laugh:

But there is no misunderstanding, the owners of this board really tick me off, they have a good board they're letting it go down the pan, and any money it's the reasons I stated, in addition to the demise of star trek, it'd be nice if we could keep it alive here, and I hope you do, but I won't be a part of it, I'll carry it with me in life.

A successful message board cares for it's members, remember that ;)

I know my posts seem argumentative, and sometimes arrogant, but I mean well, a good argument can be so much fun, on a personal note I think the censorship represents an inability to defend ones views :laugh:

Well, if you are that determined to leave, then I'll just wish you good luck. I do wish you will change your mind. If not, at least pop in once in awhile and see if any of your concerns have been addressed. Take Care.. ;)

*sigh* So many times I've seen the same thing; someone gets their hand slapped for breaking a rule then they post a thread like this. ;) I remind you; you had a choice to enter RT or not.

A successful MB has members which delight in following the rules and Staff committed to enforcing them. Without enforcment we become just another st.com. :laugh: MOST members understand that.

P.S. response: Kronos is still quite active despite those who would try to tear it down. My thanks go out to all loyal rule abiding Kronos visitors. You ROCK! :laugh:

Arms, I will be miss you. Stop if you can. You are right the board has gone down hill.

Look at the list of active topics on the STF main page. There are around 17-18 and only 6 of them relate to Star Trek. One or two relate to science or sci-fi in general.

Maybe we just need a break fron the non-Trek Vic feeds and the non-Trek forums, particularly the religious and political ones and the Krissy Phaserman stripper stories and... well, yeah, OK, we'll keep those. ;) Like a lot of people if I see a non-Trek topic I like I will post in that thread (although I rarely introduce new threads on non-Trek topics) but maybe the topic existance is part of the problem, not just a few removed posts within a topic.

The primary purpose of this site is to discuss Star Trek. It is not censorship to return to those roots. Sure Kronos may be active but is that really the reason this site exists?

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

ARMS, I also urge you to reconsider. I hate the fact that we keep losing members. We may not agree all the time, but we all share a love of Star Trek, and that makes us a community. If you must leave, pop in to check on us all. You will be missed.

I can understand, I too am sick to the hind teeth of religion, I don't care what your beliefs are, I will respect that you have them, but having them forced on me at aboard for a show that was athiest. I will miss you ARMS, but I will IM you and make sure you are ok

I do not see anyone can or wants to tear down Kronos. The activity on this board has gone down within this year. Kronos, Vic, and religion (that is if you are Christian) that is about it that you find on this board. Changes are needed. First one the spam MUST BE STOP AT ONCE!!! Bring back the trivia and find a someone that willing to do it, and get new mods for this board. It needs new management that will bring new ideas to the board. What happen to banner contests?

People amaze me....

Can I ask if all of those demanding change - do you have some financial ownership in the board - I am out of the loop I guess but I thought it was VGB's board - if you are I can understand your argument;- but if you're just a guest on someone else's dime - then as an observer/guest I am bemused by the demands for change.

I am also amused when people complain of lack of topics - I try to think of different topics - as far as I know everyone is entitled to do the same.

I applaud Kor btw for the science articles. ;)

As for the singleminded hatred of all things religion by some members - why are you going into a religion forum - I don't go into the sports forum.

But more troubling is the demand that religious discussions should be forbidden because some people don't like religion. That is "police state" mentality. As long as the forums are designated and people have a choice - people are entitled to hobbies.

This does not mean I don't have personal issues about some things that are said in that forum - but you can't give lip service to freedom and demand people not be allowed to have discussions.

As for trivia - demanding that someone else give up their free time? Maybe the board could consider doing the daily trivia like Indy does on another site - it would be less burdonsome on any single member.

As for "rules" being censorship - actually they are a contract and like I said in the homeowners association thread - I have little sympathy for those who sign on the dotted line and then start to gripe about the agreement they made.

And now to really tick everyone off. IMO Trek is dead.

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

It will be a pity if you left adam..your ok in my book ;) .

As for the other things i am reading in this topic..smells like mutany.

Also why are people still complaining that topics are being pushed on them..HOW THE HELL is that possible??...YOU enter that topic no one forced at gun point to click on it!!

This ship anit sinking..its moving with the times.

For all of those people that are complaining about the subject of the threads on this board.......no offense....but......how many threads have YOU started? If you want to talk about Star Trek, then start a thread about a Trek related subject. People WILL repsond to them. If you don't like the religious threads, then ignore them. I do. I used to be a thread responder and never a thread starter. I've tried to start threads that I think would cause some interesting feedback. If all of the complainers out there did the same, the board would improve tremendously.

I stopped posting here for alittle while...due to..reasons....But I do pop in every now and then...mostly in the WWE Thread.

I also tend to stay out of political and religious discussions, cause I have better things to do than argue my BS against someone else's BS. I've observed that it usually leads to nothing at all...aside from upsetting people.

Anyway...As with most message boards with members who have been around for years, said members can only talk about the same old things so many time...I'm ofcourse talking about Trek subjects...What Haven't we talked about?

Maybe I'm being short-sighted here, but that's how I feel....that's one of the reason why I stopped posting regularly.

It is always sad to see a person leave a forum because they are upset. I have never really been a very active member of this community in the three and a half years I posted. Mainly because I run my own site and help mod others. I never joined the staff here. So I had no real reason to be completely dedicated.

I have enjoyed my time here and would like to continue to enjoy myself here. ARMS, you need to look at your situation and see why maybe the mods chose to remove your posts. I missed what happened so I cannnot comment on them.

Maybe Kronos should be left for political debate only. If you do not wish to debate, which is being willing to respect others point of view as well as have something to back yours, than stay out of Kronos. One of the rules of Kronos is not to whine about others.

Also, if there is a lot of religious talk, maybe that should be put in a separate forum for religious talk. So people who wish not to talk about it do not have to see it.

Yes, I agree, ARMS, the place has lost a lot of what it once had. But some of it has to do with the fact that Star Trek just does not have anything new coming down the pike soon. Hopefully, the site can maintain some kind of excitement about Trek until an exciting new thing does come around.