Sign in to follow this  
MrPsychic

New Game Systems

The PS3 and Nintendo Wii will be coming out this week. I figure we could use this thread as a way to talk about it.

Sony PS3- Release date 11/17

Nintendo Wii- Release date 11/19

I already have a Xbox 360 but i have already reserved my PS3 at the local toy store...unlucky for us here in europe the PS3 doesnt hit the stores till March 2007 :blink: ....so i wont be able to comment till then..lol

no surprise since they are limited in each store. I don't know about everywhere, but in Georgia, people waited for days outside the stores in a line just to get in last night to get a PS3

God, I've heard the worst things about this launch... In one store, people in line were robbed and shot. Another store had people trampled..

All of this stuff could be avoided if the companys that make this stuff would just produce enough of it. Why is that so hard?

On one positive note I read there was one Nest Buy that had 140 in stock so they went out and handed out 140 tickets to the first 140 people in line and let everyone go home.

Personally, it is ridiculous that people are mobbing and trampling one another to get to these toys - it's like an addict after a fix. As for robbing the people in line - I guess they were an easy target.

I assume they will be making more - I guess they send limited shipments just to get this very reaction - which is inself disgusting.

I don't do video games either (although I know about Crash Bandicous (sp?)) because a four year video game addict demonstrated it to me.

All of this stuff could be avoided if the companys that make this stuff would just produce enough of it. Why is that so hard?

To drive up demand. If everyone had it, then they couldn't come out a few months later with a "new version" of it. DVD's are notorious for that.

video games are no longer just a child's toy. They did a national survey on people who play video games a couple of years ago and the average age of a person who plays video games is 27 years old. They just did another survey this year and the average age of people who are playing X-Box 360 is 23 years old.

The main reason for the limted amount of PS3's is the main attraction of this system...the Blue Ray player,according to a sony insider the production of a stable player has not been as easy to mass proudce as first expected.

The BR player is the reason i am buying the PS3.

On one positive note I read there was one Best Buy that had 140 in stock so they went out and handed out 140 tickets to the first 140 people in line and let everyone go home.

Personally, it is ridiculous that people are mobbing and trampling one another to get to these toys - it's like an addict after a fix. As for robbing the people in line - I guess they were an easy target.

I assume they will be making more - I guess they send limited shipments just to get this very reaction - which is inself disgusting.

I don't do video games either (although I know about Crash Bandicous (sp?)) because a four year video game addict demonstrated it to me.

I suspect that many people in these lines are buying these systems just to resell them and are inspired by greed. Therefore they must get one and trampling on someone to do it is no big deal to them. Truly disgusting! :( The retailers should be smart enough to either hand out tickets, have more security, or somehow ensure that people won't be injured trying to buy a GAME. This is not life and death - they will make more. The makers should be ashamed that their distribution system is so poorly conceived and is leading to such a debacle. Obviously publicity is high, so they will probably just laugh all the way to the bank. :blink:

My expertise at video games doesn't extend past Atari 2600.......... ;)

Mine goes to the original Nintendo system. lol

But I have tried some of the other systems.

But I will add this to this topic..The new Nintendo Wii sounds interesting from the perspective that it is unique: Not just the same old graphics improvement that apparently the other new systems have.

I actually found a PS3 at a local Target yesterday. I didn't get it. One, I don't have enough money for it, two, it was the 20 gig version.

Nintendo Makes Kids Exercise

http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2006/12/28/28pogue-email-2/

(It is about time!)

Not only kids can keep fit...i played the tennis game at a friends house and after 10mins i was starting to feel it in my arms and legs :( think i will stick to the nice and relaxing golf game. :laugh:

*Giggle* You sound like a old man :(

Everyone needs to get a Wii and play with it... I know that sounds bad, but it's a great deal of fun.