Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Question About This Year's Voting

Has anyone heard what we are supposed to bring if we vote Tuesday? Last election, I just had to show my driver's license to prove who I was. Is it going to be the same this year? I know it differs in different states, but has anyone heard anything?

I always make sure I bring my ID plus my voters registration card. That way the Libs can't keep me from voting....... :frusty:

I suggest you check your county's website - there should be a link to the supervisor of election's page - that should tell you what you need to know. We have to have an ID in Florida as well, which is partly why I don't understand why there is such an objection to it elsewhere.

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

I can't find my voters registration card, but I checked on my state's website and I'm registered to vote... Something tells me it's gonna be a long wait in line...

In California, I just show them my sample ballot booklet. I'm rarely asked for my driver's licence, and I've never been asked for my voter registration card. Maybe I'm rarely asked for my ID because I usually know at least one of the people working where I vote.

I have to find my registration card.....and the place where I'm supposed to go vote. I have no clue where it is. The last time I saw my card it said it was on a road that's right by my house, but the road goes for several miles, so yeah, I gotta find it too.

The last place I lived before my current residence, the polling place was changed three times over the years. So I would definitely check to make sure you know where your polling place is. I would also take both your latest voter's card (or the lastest you can locate - in my case :frusty: ) and a driver's license or photo ID. But then I'm paranoid about being able to vote. Which reminds me, I need to bring that list of Not Recommended or Not Qualified Judges. Now where did I put that? .......

I always make sure I bring my ID plus my voters registration card. That way the Libs can't keep me from voting....... :angry:

Oh, you bring all that? Good. All the Libs thank you for being honest. Too bad the Conservatives couldn't care less. :frusty:

I always make sure I bring my ID plus my voters registration card. That way the Libs can't keep me from voting....... :angry:

Oh, you bring all that? Good. All the Libs thank you for being honest. Too bad the Conservatives couldn't care less. :frusty:

I don't know about your state, but Maryland is a Democratic state through and through. Over here, its the Democrats that always get in trouble for fixing elections. I believe Maryland has had more high ranking officials sent to jail than any other state, from former Governors on down. With the exception of Spiro Agnew, they were all Democrats.

A few elections ago, in a tight Governors race, it was found that the Democrats were bussing in poor black people to get them to vote. Very few of these people were registered voters but it didn't seem to matter to them. Then there was the issue of all of those dead people that voted that were registered Democrats.

Political corruption is sadly a way of life over here.

I think it is any kind of picture identification. I would think a picture drivers license was used last year in my state.

I had both my drivers license and my voters registration card. I was asked for neither. I could have told them I was anybody and they would have believed me!

I don't know about your state, but Maryland is a Democratic state through and through. Over here, its the Democrats that always get in trouble for fixing elections. I believe Maryland has had more high ranking officials sent to jail than any other state, from former Governors on down. With the exception of Spiro Agnew, they were all Democrats.

A few elections ago, in a tight Governors race, it was found that the Democrats were bussing in poor black people to get them to vote. Very few of these people were registered voters but it didn't seem to matter to them. Then there was the issue of all of those dead people that voted that were registered Democrats.

Political corruption is sadly a way of life over here.

1. It was a joke.

2. Republicans have been found to be doing the same exact things.

I do not recall ever showing ID when I vote in my state. I do not recall seeing anyone asked for ID.

My polling place changed only once when they widened a street, and moved the polling place because of construction. I don't know if they moved it back because I moved.

All my polling places in this state have been churches.

This year we had brand new electronic voting machines, which had paper records. And there was a little window where you could see it typing as you did the touchscreen thing. And it even recorded when you changed your mind. We had had electronic voting machines before, but these were even better!

Its always the same middle-aged to elderly people, mostly ladies, running the voting.

I always feel good taking part in the process, whether there are long lines, like in 2004, or not, like in 2006.