Sign in to follow this  
Goose

How Many Message Boards Do You Visit?

Stardate:213600.8

I was just curious how many message boards do you guys visit besides this one?

I visit 5 but this is definitly my favorite :)

The only other boards I post at now are the Jedi Council Forums and ScrapTown.

i can guess the jedi council, but whats the other one? and whats the addy for the jedi one?

on to the topic, i only post on this board. this is the first one i found that i like, and its the only one ive found worthwhile to post on. i visit others, such as stargate, and battlestar galactica sites occasionaly, but this one is the only one i come to everyday, and post on.

WEll I started messeging on the Star Trek official site. When it changed reacently the message boards weren't working properly, so VaBeachGuy put a link to this site. Now I only come here.

I occasionally visit st.com, but rarely post there anymore. I visit TrekBBS because the people there find alot of stuff on the net, like deleted scenes from the movies. But this is the only board I live on. I try to visit every day and post as much as I can. Startrekfans.net rules the web!

Lets see. I come here every day (Of course lol) but I also go to the Philadelphia Eagles message board (It was there that I discovered the Invision software and it was also there, indirectly that I got the notion for a message board). The only other message boards I go to (Other then ST.COM once every blue moon) are message boards that relate to the operation of message boards. I like IBPlanet for getting modifications and support from other Admins of other boards and I like Invisions forum as well. If you were to go to any board I visit though the only one with a large number of posts is the Eagles board. I think I have about 650 posts there (I had about 3000 before they upgraded in early March). All the other boards have 40 or 50 posts.

Mrskirk, I registerred at TrekBBS over 2 weeks ago.  I'm still waiting for my registration to be "approved" so I can post.  I did the confirmation e-mail and everything.  Can you help me out?

Hmmm...can't imagine what the hold up is CJLP. When I registered my confirmation came through in minutes. Try sending an e-mail to Lisa, she's the board admin. I'm sure her addy is listed on the boards somewhere.

i can guess the jedi council, but whats the other one? and whats the addy for the jedi one?

Click here for the Jedi Council Forums.

Scraptown is simply a group of women who love to scrapbook. We started out as the craft board of The Labor of Love (pregnancy/childbirth/parenting board) but it got so huge that the mods started our own board. :)

Mrskirk, I registerred at TrekBBS over 2 weeks ago.  I'm still waiting for my registration to be "approved" so I can post.  I did the confirmation e-mail and everything.  Can you help me out?

Hmmm...can't imagine what the hold up is CJLP. When I registered my confirmation came through in minutes. Try sending an e-mail to Lisa, she's the board admin. I'm sure her addy is listed on the boards somewhere.

I got a confirmation letter. I still can't post. :)

Right now I just post to this board and to dannileigh.com.A site for the Country Music artist Danni Leigh who I am crazy about..In the past I have posted at Trektoday and Startrek.com but I haven't been there since I discovered this site..This message board is the best.. :)

I just counted them and there were 10 other Star Trek boards than Startrekfans.net (some are German, of course :) )

But I definitely say this is my fave one from all of them :bow:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Scraptown is simply a group of women who love to scrapbook. We started out as the craft board of The Labor of Love (pregnancy/childbirth/parenting board) but it got so huge that the mods started our own board. :bow:

cool, thanks for the link. they dont say anywhere in there when lucas might actually release the original trilogy on dvd do they? ive been waiting forever for that. :)

Scraptown is simply a group of women who love to scrapbook. We started out as the craft board of The Labor of Love (pregnancy/childbirth/parenting board) but it got so huge that the mods started our own board. :)

cool, thanks for the link. they dont say anywhere in there when lucas might actually release the original trilogy on dvd do they? ive been waiting forever for that. :bow:

You mean not everyone already has them on DVD? :lol: :)

I visit this one,the New Orleans Saints message boards,and the Los Angeles Dodgers message boards.Once the NBA and NHL seasons get underway I'll be involved with the Golden State Warriors and San Jose Sharks boards as well.I used to visit the boards at startrek.com frequently,don't really need to explain why I stopped going there......that place always reminded me of Q's post-apocalyptic courtroom from Encounter at Farpoint,with me in the dock! :)

I occassionally visit other boards but STF is the only one I post at. I used to post at st.com's boards but the spam was too much. I still check the site but I don't go to the boards anymore.

The only other message board I go to is The United Federation of Planets on ezboards,its a more open board for adults with no censorship and more laid back.As long as everyone there is nice to each other they are allowed to post what ever they want.

This site and the UFP are the only ones I go to daily.

I use to visit StarTrek.com’s community, but I don’t anymore.

At the moment I mainly come here and that’s it, but I also every once in a while go to SB12.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

This is the only Star Trek board I visit - although I've tried a few others. I have been looking for other boards to join and registered with one Stargate and another general board that has a religion subsection that I went to.

This is a visually complex board that I'm still getting used to, VBG would like it, they have a country flag by your avatar it's not US based. It is kind of interesting to read what others are saying about Bush etc.

However, it's not exactly what I was looking for and I'm still looking

:laugh: I think you should register again, after like a day if your not approved, i think TBBS deletes the username you tried to register. I had to register 5 times before i got approved

:clap: Well,typically I visit more than a dozen a week....although,under many different user names and (when possible) avatar pics....

I find the name and avatar i select tends to reflect my character at the various forums....weird,huh? :lol:

Although,I am having a blast as admiralpeewee here (duh,I've been here for something like 5 hours a day since registering.... :dude: )

Once my brothers and uncle John and maybe my dad kick in here at home,getting the farm ready for winter,I'll be a lot more busy and on-line less..... :wow:

I visit startrek.com, but no longer everyday, and I only read the message boards... I never joined there. I do not dare post there. There are too many personal attacks...people seem to hate other people, and start threads denouncing one another. I have seen a lot of racist posts there. But there have also been many interesting discussions there. And there is a lot of other Star Trek information on the site.

I visited another star trek website, but I do not remember what it was called. It was a fan initiated site, but it seemed focused on the perspective that Brannon and Braga had destroyed Star Trek, and they were organizing or something. That seemed a little too negative.

I joined this site in July 2003 and just read posts for the longest time before I dared to post anything. Then I started posting, and I have not stopped. I also come here every day. I cannot tell who does not like whom. I only am learning who holds what opinions, but there does not seem to be a lot of hostility. The most emotion I have read so far was in the thread bysty started about war, but everyone is still civil, and apparently they are all still friends.

This site feels like the Star Trek universe to me. And I am glad it is moderated! :clap: