Sign in to follow this  
cptwright

Norfolk, Here I Come

well everyone, just wanted to say i finally got a date for my test in NORFOLK VA, for firefighter, im going down next wedensday, the test is next friday. wish me luck, i really need to do good on this, so i can get out of ny. im also finally set with school, i start sept 3rd. i cant beleive im going back to school, im going to be with a bunch of high school kids for the next 6 months. im either gonna feel reallly ooollllldddd :bow: or really young :) i guess ill find out. :)

Good luck on the Test! While you're in Norfolk (If you're downtown) look at the tallest buildings, when you see the Bank Of America building that's where I work (When I work). I know you'll like Hampton Roads. I forget though, have you ever been here before?

Good luck on your test man! Norfolk is a great town,I've been there many times and seen a few concerts at the Scope!

My uncle was the Chief of the the fire department for Newport News for many,many years. I'm sure you'll pass the test with flying colors!

first to answer VBG's question yes ive been there many times. i have family in norfolk, and i love it down there, my uncles a norfolk firefighter, my aunts a 911 dispatcher, and my other aunts a teacher all in norfolk, actually the friday after my test im going back down for a week for my godsons baptism. ive been wanting to move down there for a long time, but my wife never wanted to go, so i never pursued it till now. as far as the computer course unicornhunter, its at a vocational school, where during the day, as i will be going, its pretty much high school students, the adult classes are at night, but i am going full time for five months, instead of part time for ten months. so i have to go during the day. that is for my unemployment. as for all of you, thank you for your well wishes. im sure ill do fine, just getting anxious now that its getting close.

Well when the convention comes around (if you're going) maybe we can fly out together.

I've also been wanting to get some Nighthawks tickets, we'll have to take in a game sometime.

Well when the convention comes around (if you're going) maybe we can fly out together.

I've also been wanting to get some Nighthawks tickets, we'll have to take in a game sometime.

SOUNDS COOL TO ME!!!! are you from norfolk, or did you move there?

SOUNDS COOL TO ME!!!! are you from norfolk, or did you move there?

I'm orginally from Maryland (College Park area) Go TERPS!

I moved here after I got out of the Army, I live in Chesapeake.

Stardate:213605.6

Good Luck man.After the test give us an update on how ya did.

Stardate:213605.6

Good Luck man.After the test give us an update on how ya did.

will do, i'll be home saturday night, or sunday. so ill let ya all know. because i will know how i did on two of the tests that day, because they are timed, and such. so if you fail you dont go on. thanks again for the well wishes

well, im off in the morning. i will try to get online at my uncles im sure i can. but if not ill talk to you all on saturday. have a great week, talk to you later.

matt

Good Luck from me as well. If you are so inclined, my fellow producers and I have a regular attitude adjustment hour at DC Chases on Fridays. You are welcome to join us. You'll find DC Chases on 20th street, just west of Llewelyn in the heart of Ghent. Perhaps I'll see you there.

Good luck.

Be sure to visit Nautilus (I'm pretty sure that's the name) while you're there. It used to have a fun VR ride.

Also, you might see a ship being christened. A few years ago, any interested civilians could get tours (I did). But I'm not sure if that applies anymore, after 9/11.

Good luck.

Be sure to visit Nautilus (I'm pretty sure that's the name) while you're there. It used to have a fun VR ride.

Also, you might see a ship being christened. A few years ago, any interested civilians could get tours (I did). But I'm not sure if that applies anymore, after 9/11.

its NAUTICA. ive been there a few times. i do enjoy it there, but i dont think ive been on the vr ride, maybe when i go back friday while im down there for a week ill go check it out. well i finally took my test, i passed the 3 physical agility tests,(thank god) :bow: and i feel i did well on the other 2 tests, although i wont find out about the written test for 2 to 3 weeks,(much shorter than ny), then the other test in oct. but i feel i did well on these 2 as well. if i did, then i have to go back again on oct 15 for a polygraph test, then back again for an interview if all works out. then if im really fortunate, they are hireing 15 recruits in dec for a jan/feb start in the academy :bow: heres hoping. but if i dont make this bunch they already have 4 academys planned off my list, so if i do well on those other 2 tests, i have a really good chance of getting in there sometime. not to mention the nepatism factor :) hopefully that'll help too. :lol: now its just a waiting game :) for a month and a half.oh well i have faith that it will all work out for the best. but its still nerve wrecking :bow: well thanks for all your well wishes and positive inputs.

Good Luck.

Note: I lived in Norfolk a while and been to Nautia for a orchestra concert. Hated living there, but liked the event.

why did you hate living there? ive been there soo much i cant ait to go back, and im really looking forward to gettting a job there and moving there.