Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Human telepaths

Eh, I'd be friends with a telepath. I just don't beleive that humans, as a species, will ever have "special powers of the mind". It's my opinion that that's all demonic. However, I don't mind seeing an alien with mind powers or people with mind powers in a fantasy-type story.

Anywho, I believe twins and married couples can have somewhat of a "link" to each other. I also believe it's possibel that some people might have what you could call a 6th sense, the ability to percieve some things that others can't. However, full blown mental power like being a psychic or telepath? I just don't believe it's gonna ever happen.

Eh, I'd be friends with a telepath.  I just don't beleive that humans, as a species, will ever have "special powers of the mind".  It's my opinion that that's all demonic.  However, I don't mind seeing an alien with mind powers or people with mind powers in a fantasy-type story.

Anywho, I believe twins and married couples can have somewhat of a "link" to each other.  I also believe it's possibel that some people might have what you could call a 6th sense, the ability to percieve some things that others can't.  However, full blown mental power like being a psychic or telepath?  I just don't believe it's gonna ever happen.

What about humans with other abilities other than telekensis, what if it turns out that we have the ability to control fire or water? Like in the movie X-Men, I think they would be feared by the world, even with the glory of the movie, we would still be scared of people who are different. I mean we cannot even love in a different way without all of the critizisim, you really think humans would be more openened minded to a telepath or a superhuman being?

:) Bel Ami :bow:

No one responded to my post regarding research in brain signals? Do you think telepathy would involve something other than electrochemical messages? If we can convey a thought to a computer or a mechanical device isn't that a step toward being able to convey thoughts to another person?

I have never heard that we can send thoughts to a computer.  Can you provide a link?

I read Discover magazine and watch science shows. But I'm sure there's probably information on the web too.

I have never heard that we can send thoughts to a computer.  Can you provide a link?

I read Discover magazine and watch science shows. But I'm sure there's probably information on the web too.

Are you talking similiar to the episode to 'The Outer Limits' episode where an old guy built that artifical robot where the child's memories was processed into the robotic child?

Are you talking similiar to the episode to 'The Outer Limits' episode where an old guy built that artifical robot where the child's memories was processed into the robotic child?

I'm talking about more rudimentary developments. People can manipulate artificial limbs through electrodes attached their heads. They send a signal and the device receives and translates it. Similar things are being done with artificial vision - robots "read" a room and send back signals to the brain.

My point was that information is being sent and received via the electro-chemical processes of the brain. If you think of thoughts as electro chemical processes then it seems like this would be an initial step. For others to receive our thoughts they'd have to have receptors and interpretors but the brain is a very complex computer.

I would think contact would be required; however - pheronomes are a chemicals we (living things) secrete that send specific messages. Perhaps in time our pheronomes could carry more complex messages that could be received by others. This could explain why Vulcans touch for mindmelds - to exchange electrochemical impulses.

This is very different thing than what others were talking about - psychic communication would be something totally different. People in locked rooms wouldn't be transmitting electro-chemical messages. I don't have a theory for that yet.

I'm talking about more rudimentary developments. People can manipulate artificial limbs through electrodes attached their heads. They send a signal and the device receives and translates it. Similar things are being done with artificial vision - robots "read" a room and send back signals to the brain.

My point was that information is being sent and received via the electro-chemical processes of the brain. If you think of thoughts as electro chemical processes then it seems like this would be an initial step. For others to receive our thoughts they'd have to have receptors and interpretors but the brain is a very complex computer.

I would think contact would be required; however - pheronomes are a chemicals we (living things) secrete that send specific messages. Perhaps in time our pheronomes could carry more complex messages that could be received by others. This could explain why Vulcans touch for mindmelds - to exchange electrochemical impulses.

This is very different thing than what others were talking about - psychic communication would be something totally different. People in locked rooms wouldn't be transmitting electro-chemical messages. I don't have a theory for that yet.

Yea, it is a little off topic, I believe that what you are talking about is more technoligical than supernatural. <_< :lol:

Edited by Syperphobia