Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

The Official "Star Trek Legacy" and "Tactical Assault&q

The website for the new Trek games "Star Trek Legacy" for the PC and X-Box 360 and Tactical assault for the PSP has finally been put up. You can see the website here . The game looks great, I just bought a X-Box 360 recently so I'm really looking forward to "Legacy". What really excites me is that it has a screenshot of the NX-01 Enterprise from the new game on their website. All of the pics are looking good, can't wait for the final results!!

Edited by Gamera

Gamespot also has some information about both games. Interestingly enough, Tactical Assault is going to be on the DS as well as the PSP.

I thinking of getting the star trek legacy for pc but I wonder if it will work for windows vista even though it for windows 2000 and xp

It WILL work, but here's a post I made on their website about the problems with it:

I have Vista Ultimate x32 with dual 8800GTS cards, a 3.53ghz processor (2 cores and hyper-threading), 3gb of RAM, and plenty of everything else.

I've had several problems so far:

1.) The multiplayer does not work. Everytime I try to get on it tells me a patch is available. I download and install every time then restart Legacy, and nothing changes...same problem.

2.) The camera goes absolutely nuts sometimes when trying to lock on to a ship...it spazzes out until I do something to correct it...like try to lock on to another ship that's flying by.

3.) On the 3rd mission (maybe 4th...the one where you have to destroy the Romulan processing plants) I've tried to play it twice, but both times something has happened out of the blue. The first time it said I failed the mission (without any warning...I was actually winning and racking up quite a good tally) and the second time it just plain froze my entire computer and I was forced to shut it down by holding the power button.

4.) This is more minor, but every now and then the ships will stop dead then instantly resume their original speeds (no accelerating or slowing). This only happens in cut-scenes.

5.) Every now and then a ship forgets where it's supposed to be going and just sits there. This is almost exclusively the USS Coto that has this problem.

I just bought the game about 12 hours ago and have played it for a total of 2-3 hours, so that's the best I can give you so far.

Go here for all Legacy technical support:

http://startrek.bethsoft.com/forums/index.php?showforum=17

Anything posted by Eratosthenes is me.

Edited by Eratosthenes