Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

The Top 10 Fan Voted Star Trek Episodes

At the official Trek website, the top ten favorite Trek episodes according to fan voting is

TOP TEN EPISODES

1. The City on the Edge of Forever (TOS)

2. Similitude (ENT)

3. In the Pale Moonlight (DS9)

4. Redemption, Part II (TNG)

5. The Ultimate Computer (TOS)

6. The Visitor (DS9)

7. Far Beyond the Stars (DS9)

8. Kir'Shara (ENT)

9. Hard Time (DS9)

10. Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy (VOY)

Edited by Gamera

I don't have a top ten, but I can't believe on that list isn't Best of Both Worlds. Many people think that's the best episode of TNG...

I also cannot believe that "Trouble with Tribbles" (TOS) is not on the list either. The only two I agree with are "City on the Edge of Forever" (TOS) and "In the Pale Moonlight" (DS9).

Edited by Data

I'm sure that if you ask 100 people what the 10 best episodes of Trek are, you would get 100 different list. I am surprised by some of the choices that made this particular list as well.

I agree with most of it. Especially Similitude which I've always said was the best episode of Trek I have ever seen. It had a great story that was so sad, that I cried and it was the only time I have cried since Spock died. T'Pol and Sim's interaction and Phlox losing a son, it's a very emotional episode. So I can see why the top two are the top two.

Some of those I agree with, but is this from the Paramount Star Trek site?

My favorite all time is The Visitor. I love lots of TOS episodes, including the City on the Edge of Forever, but The Ultimate computer was only good in my book, not one of the greats. I think a lot of TNG episodes should have been on the list.

Similitude definitely belongs on the list but some of the others are not IMO the best of Trek.

Possibly, City on the edge of Forever, and The Pale Moonlight and Far Beyond the Stars.

An interesting list, but I don't totally agree with it. Like Mr. Psychic, I can't believe that The Best of Both Worlds is not on the list. I agree with mj that Ultimate Computer is a very good episode but not necessarily Great. Either The Trouble with Tribbles, Amok Time, Mirror, Mirror or Space Seed would all be imo good Alternate choices. I also agree with mj that there should be more TNG episodes. Without the successful TNG, there would have been no DS9, VOY or ENT. I would suggest Family or Yesterday's Enterprise as possible TNG additions. I wonder, how many people voted in this survey?

I also agree that TNG should have been more represented - and it could have done with another Voyager episode as well. I cannot well remember the episode named, and would have chosen "Blink of an Eye" instead.

And instead of "The Visitor" I would have went with "Duet" for second-best DS9 episode.

Overall I disagree with the list, but I'm pretty weak with TOS and ENT. Still, I've seen "City on the Edge of Forever". It was one of two episodes my father kept on videotape. I don't recall the other, but I have seen "City". Good ep, but "Mirror, Mirror" was better - at least I thought so.

Yeah, I don't care of this list that much. LOL It is hard for me to personally pick my "favorite" episode or episodes because I like so many for different reasons.

One question that comes to mind is where is my TNG on that list!?

Well, I can only agree with the first 3. I voted for Similitude, so I'm glad it's on the list.

So, essentially, it was felt by those who voted that "Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy" was the best episode of Voyager? Wow. What a wrong opinion. HA! Just kidding. :welcome: But I definitely don't agree with that selection. It was a good episode, but...the best of Voyager? I think not!