Finding a lost relative...

Finding a lost relative...  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Is it worth it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • I couldn't say...

I have never met my father. For some reason, I been thinking of trying to find him, just so I could meet him and maybe have a conversation with him, even if he turns out to be the jerk that I think he is.

So what do you think? If there was a relative you've never met, would you want to meet them?

I am lost for words, to be very honest with you, wishfire. I have never been in that situation. As long as you feel comfortable with it, I would go ahead with it. It definatley is worth it, and you may be able to gain the relationship and friendship you missed.

Why don't you try this ;ink?

http://www.yourfamily.com/

edit: link

Edited by xXTrekkieCaraXx

The same goes with me. If you have questions that your father could only answer and you burning need to have them answer yes I would do it. At least, if you do it you show your son to your father and promise yourself that you will better than him.

I've not been in the situation but my initial inclination is to say yes - if you have the opportunity. I think we all have an inate curiosity about our parents - grandparents etc. And once you've met him - there is no more question as to what he's like - because until you do they'll always be that doubt. Just don't expect too much from it, and you don't have to ever see him again.

I highly recommend finding out any family history of illnesses or hereditary traits etc - that would be important for both you and your children.

Maybe, depends on the person. I once went looking for and found a lost relative then wished I hadn't' when I found out what a buttock he was.

I say yes. When it comes right down to it, family is the most important thing. You've never met him so you don't know if he is a jerk or not. You are relying on statements made by someone who probably has a somewhat biased opinion.

Well, I've tried finding info on my dad... I tried making phone calls to people who might know where he is (or know other people who might know), I've tried various web-sites, etc., and just nothing. So I decided to try to go to Modesto to try to find my mom. I didn't even get to LA when the train broke down, which forced me to have to spend the night there. And since I left without much money to begin with, that was a stop I simply could not afford. So I guess I'll try again when I have more money.

:lol:

My parents moved far, far away from their respective families. After meeting some of these people at reunions, I can totally understand why they wanted to get away.

However, I chose maybe, for the hopes that there is one cool relatvie out there that I havn't heard of or met yet.

Well, I've tried finding info on my dad... I tried making phone calls to people who might know where he is (or know other people who might know), I've tried various web-sites, etc., and just nothing. So I decided to try to go to Modesto to try to find my mom

It might help if we knew exactly how you are estranged from your parents. Were you given up for adoption or something? If you want to tell us, ok. If you'd rather not, thats fine too... :lol: