Sign in to follow this  
sea trooper

I am Conflicted -Part II

What should I do?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Help me!

• Stay at home, safe at my computer
    • Go do something different even though it will be boring

I solved my playstation problem, but now I have a different problem that needs to be solved before Friday.

My mom is going with my grandma to South Carolina on Friday to check out the cost of living over there. It's just for a few days, but my mom's boyfriend is also going, and I HATE him with a burning passion. I mean stab him through the forehead hate... (17 times) I have never left Florida and going to another state might be interesting, but they're only going to research. I'll be able to stay a safe distance away from HIM but what will I do??? Stay in a motel room in another state for two days watching S. Carolinian TV? I could just stay at home and watch my TV. But it would be a different experience that I don't know if I will have in the future. BUT IT WILL BE BORING.

I've already asked for those days off of work because my mom picks me up after work so I'll still have the time off. What does everyone think I should do? What would you do?

If you don't have to go, stay home if you want. But if they want you to go, I would. I'm sure you will see other states in your future. I'm a 22 years old Georgian and I have already been to

South Carolina

North Carolina

Tennessee

Alabama

Florida

Louisiana

Arkansas

Texas

I love going to new places. Its always an adventure. Its only boring if you allow it to be.

I agree with Kor on this one. I would go and see what they up to, and if there any decisions you will know instead of finding out after they come back home.

Edited by Odie

I love to travel too. So I would go and check it out. Take books or games or music so that if you are very bored you have something to do. But I would also look for new sights and try to enjoy the experience. You may have a great time and you will be in the loop and know what's going on, as Odie said.

1. Are you flying or driving? That's a major issue - do you have any idea how monotonous I-95 is or how tedious a drive that long would be?

2. Does the city you're going to have public transportation and would you have access to it from your hotel?

3. Have you done any research to see if there are any interesting sites in the city you'll be visiting?

Personally, I love being home alone and I hate taking car trips where I have to depend on other people to get me somewhere - (especially if I'm not overly fond of one of those people to begin with). So unless I knew I could get around on my own while I'm there - I'd stay home.

Now if you can get around on your own - then go and make the best of it.

Of course, I have to ask why go all the way there to figure out the cost of living - get a newspaper or even check the classifieds on the internet. You can figure out the cost of housing and the average salary pretty easily without leaving home.

Go and have fun, you may learn something new about your mum's boyfriend. NEVER give up the chance to travel!

go for the adventure. my family is big on trying new things. you never know what might happen that you could miss out on by not going.

tm

1. Are you flying or driving? That's a major issue - do you have any idea how monotonous I-95 is or how tedious a drive that long would be?

2. Does the city you're going to have public transportation and would you have access to it from your hotel?

3. Have you done any research to see if there are any interesting sites in the city you'll be visiting?

Personally, I love being home alone and I hate taking car trips where I have to depend on other people to get me somewhere - (especially if I'm not overly fond of one of those people to begin with). So unless I knew I could get around on my own while I'm there - I'd stay home.

Now if you can get around on your own - then go and make the best of it.

Of course, I have to ask why go all the way there to figure out the cost of living - get a newspaper or even check the classifieds on the internet. You can figure out the cost of housing and the average salary pretty easily without leaving home.

1- They're driving.

2- I have no idea

3- The Carolinas are supposed to have great beaches, but with the weather being 65F... :P

And I won't be alone. My big brother and little sister are staying. My sister will go to school on Friday but be home all day on the weekend. My brother also works in the morning but he's mostly out all day long. On the weekend we can't even bribe him to come home. As for going around two strange cities by myself, well... :yahoo:

Try to have some fun! After all you might not move there.

Plans have changed, as you can see. I couldn't go this time but we will be going again in the near future. Yes, I will be going too. Thank's to everyone for helping me :lol: