Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

My Dog Died

The Reason why I havent been on-line the last few days, is that I had to burry my Dog, Buddy, I took him in because he was sick, and I may of only of had him for a year, He brought a Smile to my face, He died of a Seizure, which is what he was suffering from, I miss you Buddy and I loved you!

IMAG0084.jpg

I really don't want anymore deaths happening! Please! My friend's dog died the other day too!

I know how it feels and it will be strange waking up and not seeing him there but think of the good times. It works trying to distract yourself in doing something then you wont notice that the dog's not there.

:look: I'm sorry. :laugh:

D W

I know of what you say

They are not pets they are family

My best friend gizmo my simaize cat had him for 17

years. had to have him put down in 2000 still miss him

big bad man cried his eyes out.

people who do not have pets

do not understand.

I've lost a rabbit when I was about 4/5 years old and 4 hamsters in the past 4 years. You might say hamsters are nothing but my first hamster went everywhere with me. I sneaked her school once in a shoebox and petted her at each break. She didn't seem to mind, she was fast asleep! :look:

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your dog, Buddy. Pets are often like part of the family. I haven't had pets for twenty years but I still remember and miss the ones I had, which were mostly dogs and cats ond a pony. I get very attached to animals including the pets of relatives and friends. Right now I am having angst over alley cats, three six month year old kittens becoming cats, whose mother got hit by a car. Remember all the good things about Buddy, and know you have my sympathy, and the sympathy of many on this board.

thanks everyone, it wouldnt be such a shock if he was sick I mean he did take seizures averaged one a month, but I guess he must of had a bad one the night he died and he either had a stroke or too much his heart stopped, either way I am really heartbroken right now and am feeling really really Depressed, its just a total shock and I do have my other dog Dillan, He's a Sheltie, he is more my Grandmothers dog then mine, when i used to feel like this I would go and pet buddy and make myself feel better, but now I can't, Also in May when my Grandmother goes to Florida to live iwt my parents (she is now too much for me to take care of) she will be taking Dillan, I am just really upset now, but thanks for all your nice comments, I am gonna work on making him a small cross tonight to put over where I burried him.

What an adorable picture! I'm sure he was a good friend.

I've had my share of losses too, and it never gets easier.

I remember when my first dog died, i was so sad, I couldn't sleep for 2 weeks.

It sucks now cos my current dog (CoCo) is getting around to that time in her life. She's been sick lately and I don't know how much longer she's got......

Man, I'm tearing up writing this!

She's been more a friend to me than Boz (previous dog). I don't know how I'm gonna react when Coco goes.

Thankfully I've got my cat (moo) to keep me comforted.

So, I know how you feel, it sucks to have lost a friend.

Sorry to heart that. Losing a pet is never easy.

Edited by APW

I'm sorry to hear about the death of your dog, Joe. When I was a kid, we had a collie. She lived for 14 years before she had to be put to sleep. It was so traumatic to me that I never got another pet again.

my other dog can tell I am upset he stayed with me all night when he usualy sleeps downstairs, I wonder if he misses Buddy?

Your other dog does notice someone is not in the family. He does notice that your upset, plus he wants to be resured that everything is alright in the world.

I have lost pets a few times. But the time that effected me the most was when the dog of my childhood had to be put to sleep. She was 13 and I was 18. It was during the summer. So I was holding a summer job. I had to go to work the following day. It was so hard preventing myself from crying. The people at work noticed I was upset. I told them I had to put a pet to sleep. They seemed to understand.

RIP Buddy

I'm sure your other dog does miss Buddy. It would be like loosing a member of the pack in the wild.

The silver lining in this sad cloud of death is that Buddy was loved and cherished when he died, and is misssed by his family. In that picture you posted of him in your opening post, he looked well cared for. Being mourned means he was loved.

Just yesterday I was watching that program on Animal Planet where agents go in and rescue abused animals. Because you took him in, Buddy's final year of life was not one where he experienced indifference, neglect, or abuse, but rather inclusion, care, and love.

Sorry for your loss, 3 dogs have died on me, simply to old age, it's never easy, especially since over time they've became family.

I lost one to cancer and a couple years later cancer took my grandad, time heals all wounds.

You have alot of support here.