Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

What if you woke up assimilated...

What if you were serving on a small Starfleet ship, let's say a Miranda-class ship, and were attacked by a rouge Borg sphere... Long after the battle ended, you wake up and discover you've been fully assimilated! However, you're disconnected from the hive mind. The Borg arround you are dead and your science lab, converted into a Borg assimilation chamber, is smashed, so there's no hope of removing the technology on your own. All the escape pods are launched and the ship is filled with dead Borg. The warp core was ejected with no sign of it anywhere. You're dead in space.

What would you do?

I'd go nuts. First off I'd start destroying those Borg corpses to get SOME form of revenge, and then I'd send out a distress signal. I would have only been Borg for a short while, so I still have a chance to become human again. :(

I'd go nuts. First off I'd start destroying those Borg corpses to get SOME form of revenge, and then I'd send out a distress signal. I would have only been Borg for a short while, so I still have a chance to become human again.  :(

But what if your distress signal is detected by the Borg? They will come and find you... And say... "oh, we forgot this drone here... Let's connect this drone back to the hive!"

(what a scary thought! :( )

But I think the option of sending out a distress call is the only proper solution....

Mrs. Captain Picard

If I was fully assimilated I would probably try to get back to the Borg.

If I was not fully assimilated and still had my memories then I would take the helm and get out of the area before sending a distress signal. You didn't say anything about the impulse engines being damaged just that the warp core had been ejected.

If I woke up alone and assimilated, but unconnected to any hive, with my memories intact, I would probably freak first. Once I calmed down, I would go to the bridge and assertain the condition of the ship, my location, and the location of the nearest starbase or inhabited planet, starship, etc.. Given that the impulse engines are functional, I would then plot a course for that starbase, etc. and head there. Once within sensor range, I would sent a transmission stating the situation, and my desire to be de-borged. Then I try to convince them that this is not some borg trick and hope they can remove the implants.

B)

Stardate:213562.9

Depends. If i were fully assimilated I would attempt to contact the borg.If not then i would set a course for the nearest starbase ship ect.

First of all... a 'rouge' Borg cube? Is like a big red one or something? LOL Or a 'rogue' Borg cube.

Well. I would be sad firstly for all my ship mates who had died. But I wouldnt feel too sad for myself beacause you've seen Voyager. I van be restored to my former handsome self! Hopefully, my Star Fleet training would help me to stay calm. And the knowledge I would have gained from assimilation would have been emense (how come Torres, Tuvok and Janeway didnt have this info after assimilation?).

I would, if the ship was unstable, jetison myself out into space. Because, i'm a Borg now and would be able to survive. Maybe launch myself in a torpedo to the nearest Star Base a la K'Elleher.

Imagine arriving at a Star Base all Borified. Hello all... Arrrggghhhhhhh!!!! B)

You all have some excellent ideas! Me, I'd see if there was a warp-capable shuttle left. If I lucked out, I'd head for the nearest Starfleet ship or database. As soon as I got in communications range, I'd explain that I've been infected with a "severe" pathogen and not reveal my assimilated status until a medical ship arrived.

As for Janeway, Tuvok, and Torres not retaining Borg info? Well, I believe there were 2 factors.

1. They didn't retain neural implants like Seven.

2. They were not linked to the collective for more than a day where as Picard was a full Borg for 6 days.

What if you were serving on a small Starfleet ship, let's say a Miranda-class ship, and were attacked by a rouge Borg sphere...  Long after the battle ended, you wake up and discover you've been fully assimilated!  However, you're disconnected from the hive mind.  The Borg arround you are dead and your science lab, converted into a Borg assimilation chamber, is smashed, so there's no hope of removing the technology on your own.  All the escape pods are launched and the ship is filled with dead Borg.  The warp core was ejected with no sign of it anywhere.  You're dead in space.

What would you do?

:wow: Hummm that is a good question! Now let me think :hug: Well I gess I would be Like seven of nine :hug:

Fully assimilated...hmmm that would be obvious I would try to reconnect to the Borg. If my memories were in tact, I would try to contact via distress signal the nearest Starfleet vessel. Then I would try to do whatever repairs is necessary to get at least impulse engines up...on...li---wait you said the warp core is gone, oh great more problems then trying to avoid the Borg returning. Oh, and most importantly I would be trying not to freak out...

I'd signao for help from the nearest Starfleet vessel and borgify every last person aboard whatever hapless ship responded!Then,I'd go looking for the Borg Queen.Some sort of reward would be in order!

:blink: Id hail the collective, rejoin them. If they dont re-assimilate me Id try and infiltrate the Borg, you know whack a virus in there, kill every last one of the suckers. After all they destroyed my grandparents (in my fan fic @ TREKZONE.org....

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

(thats meant to be devilish)...

hey thats a great idea for a story for my fan fiction.....

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

(thats meant to be devilish)...

:lol: :o

If I found myself assimilated, but not connected to the colective. First I would get to the bridge and try to send out a disstress signal to any ships in the area. But I would feel like freaking out it I was changed like that but in the end StarFleet Training would see through.

a rouge Borg sphere...   

That's Rogue :lol:

and why would it be a Rogue Sphere??

The Collective not into Assimilating anymore?? :blink:

But to answer your question....I'd attempt to use my new Borg Abbilities to Repair the ship.

Kirk-"First Order Of Business, Survival."

Depends on which quadrant i was in if i was in the delta quadrant i would go find the borg and prepare for ramming speed.hahahahahahaha. (sound familyer)

However if i was in the alpha quadrant i would try and get to the nearest starbase controlled by any member of the federation.

:)

Sos about spelling

Ok, there are a few things I would have to check out:

1. Are there any working shuttles left onboard, and

2. is there an EMH program I can activate.

First I would have to secure a way off of the ship. Once I have found help such as the Federation or a helpful species that would understand that I am not part of the collective mind. Once this is accomplished I may need the EMH program to assist in medical procedures (if it isn't Starfleet that found me)

I head to the shuttle bay to see if a shuttle is there and workable. If it is I go to Sickbay to see if the EMH is functional. If it is I go to engineering and manufacture a holo-emitter compatible with the shuttle and capable of storing the EMH file. I use my Borg technical knowledge and even nano-probes if neccesary (like what was done in "Regeneration" on Enterprise) I then download the Doctors file to the emitter and take all the prudent medical equipment with me. I also go to the holodeck and create holographic medical tools such as a sugery table and download those to the emitter if possible. I then go to the Shuttle bay and begin upgrading the shuttle with armor, weapons, sheilds, etc. using, once again, my Borg attrubutes. I then head out for the nearest Federation outpost or ship. Furthermore, I would use the available technology on the Federation ship to constuct a working transmitter. I transmit my coordinates to anyone I can in a coded starfleet channel, in hopes that I am picked up by Starfleet. Alien species might be hostile to my Borg parts. Lol. I also make sure to fashion a modified borg alcove for the shuttle craft to keep me alive for my journey. I would also remove a warp core from another shuttle and the dilithium crystals from the starship and bring it along for the energy required to power my alcove and my replicator. I bring a replicator in the event that I do not find help and that I use the doctor to remove some of my Borg parts. This may result in my new need, the consuption of solid food. Thus the replicator.

If I do not have access to one of the things I used in this scenario I would do what I can with the rest. That was fun!

You would actually want to join the collective? <_<

Strange to say I have a weird desire to be assimilated, to be more powerful than what I am today, to be ultimate, to be ruthless. I felt I have been to kind over the years and just would like to get some long time agression that has been bottled inside of me for 18 years.

Original Post: I would rejoin the collective, but if I had a choice I would be apart of the species 8472, but they need to work out a little more and wear clothes.

Original Post: I would rejoin the collective, but if I had a choice I would be apart of the species 8472, but they need to work out a little more and wear clothes.

They don't wear clothes becuase they live in fluidic space, as for working out? They're stronger than any humanoid species. <_<