Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

How William Shatner Changed the World

I have seen the commericals. I just wonder which ego is bigger William Shatner or James Kirk? :angry: I might start a poll.

Edited by Odie

The show isn't even about William Shatner it is about inventions inspired by ``Star Trek'' help change the world and that is very true

no more Shatner bashing! lol :angry:

Edited by Gamera

You didn't see the commercial than. In it William Shatner stated how he changed the world not Star Trek. It’s scripted, but it just makes him look ego centric.

This was the first ad I saw on TV last Friday after getting back from school for the day. After I saw it I turned off the TV and only turned it on to watch Saturday cartoons. I might do the same this weekend for the fact if they are making a show like this nest will be one on Ben Aflic and that just isn't right!

How he changed the world

Was it not How not to wear a bad toupee.

The real reason for the title is that there was some copyright problem with using the phrase Star Trek.

Edited by Kor37

I've always liked William Shatner. Most actors would killl to have a career like he has had. And yes, I think he is a great actor when he wants to be.

Edited by Kor37

The ad with Shatner driving the car, I have that shirt! Bidding will begin at $100.

$101 and no higher! :angry:

am I the only one who likes William Shatner?

I like him, but ...

Wait, did they already show it? I hope not, i wanted to watch it!

Me too!

I remember watching the 2 hour t.v program on the Discovery Channel but however I saw most of it later in the evening was very informative and interesting was more how Star Trek Changed the World than WS.

:angry: :( :( :)

In the commercial, he asks about cell phones and iPod's and I started wondering... Can he operate an iPod or cell phone?

George Takei and Walter Koenig will be called in to operate the iPod and the cell phone. :angry:

I'm really looking forward to seeing this. I have missed the commercials so far. :(

It's been pretty good, even though I knew that Star Trek had a huge influence on modern society and technology it's still a little surprising to see just how much it has influenced.

after watching this special i have a new appreciation on how star trek has affected the world. not just from a fan perspective but from a technological one. i'm planning on watching it again when it's replayed later in the week.

tm

It was kinda funny seeing Shatner on the crapper, and I have no doubt that Star Trek changed the world by giving scientists ideas and encouraging others to enter the field, but did Shatner do all that? It is like saying Shatner makes legal history by appearing on Boston Legal.

OK... I did see it... and from what I saw I can say one thing... Shanter will go after anything female, blond, and has two legs!

I watched it.

It was interesting seeing how Star Trek influenced (directly or indirectly) so many people into creating new technologies. But I was annoyed with the constant references to Trek fans as "geeks". That got real old to me pretty quickly.

I'm not a geek. I just like Star Trek. :look:

Yes I did,I agree it was very interesting.

He did say that Paramount Pictures said that they were not going to make anymore Star Trek movies of programs.Too bad.

H200

That is what they are saying now. People in the head office will change. There is still a market for Star Trek. It just needed a cool off period.

you know what killed star trek the first time? over saturation.

you know what killed it this time?

the exact same thing...

we didn't need 20 years of continous shows.

I finally got around to watching this; I recorded it on a VHS tape and finally got around to see it. I really enjoyed it, I thought it was interesting and not an ego trip for Shatner as some feared it would be. Early on in the special, he says it was Trek and not him that changed the world, even giving all the credit to Gene. A lot his dialogue was really funny and the end when he was being chased was just great! I wasn't bored at all like I was with the Science of Star Wars. It was good to see the interview with other cast members and writers, it was a great touch to the special and made it even more interesting. An overall enjoyable documentary I'm very happy I recorded and now have forever. :look: