Sign in to follow this  
Trekmachine

G4 Announces "Star Trek 2.0" Starting April 10

The G4 network announced the world premiere of "Star Trek 2.0" - a 40th anniversary celebration of the franchise featuring airings of original series episodes with new interactive components.

In a press release reprinted at Yahoo!, the network promised Saturday marathons of uncut episodes and Monday-Friday regular broadcast at 11 p.m. Beginning on Monday, April 10th, G4 will invite viewers to participate in on-screen features such as live chat online, accumulating Trek Stats and a virtual stock market for characters.

An onscreen "frame" will present Trek facts including background information about the characters and actors. In addition, Trek Stats will tally classic Star Trek moments, such as Spock saying "logical", red shirts dying, Scotty warning Kirk about his engines and the like, with the totals increasing onscreen over the course of the season.

At the same time, viewers can log into a real-time chat room at G4 to respond to questions and make comments. Posts on subjects such as "Best Earth female to be trapped with" and "Top 10 psychic punishments" will scroll across the bottom of the television screen. In addition, the Spock Market - a stock market simulation - will allow viewers registered at G4's web site to use "credits" to buy and sell stock in characters and items on the series, from Captain Kirk and Uhura to phasers and the UFP. A real-time stock ticker will run on the television screen showing gains and losses based on things that happen to characters and items during the episodes.

Star Trek 2.0

It sounds great but......it will only come on at 11 PM?......too late for me....... <_<

i'm glad it's no at 11 its during the time i can have control of the tv that's hooked to the digital cable that gets g4. it should be interesting.

All times on G4 are Eastern. What is 11 P.M. in New York will be 8 P.M. in Seattle. The only thing is many fans of the show X-Play are mad because this means that G4 IS moving the shouw out of it's 8 P.M. one hour block, which it has had for over three years.

G4's been around for over three years? Wow, we just got it a few months ago. I thought it was a fairly new cable station. See how much I know?

All times on G4 are Eastern. What is 11 P.M. in New York will be 8 P.M. in Seattle. The only thing is many fans of the show X-Play are mad because this means that G4 IS moving the shouw out of it's 8 P.M. one hour block, which it has had for over three years.

X play is on all freakin' day on G4. I swear it takes up at least 45% of their braodcast day. This is a one time event (as far as I know) and they can afford to give up this timeslot without their xplay world collapsing around them.

Let me start by saying that G4TV has only been around for two years. It's used to be is ZDTV when it premiered in 1999. In 2001 inning which changed to tech TV. About this time the show Extended Play was changed to X-Play... same show different name. In 2004 tech TV was bought and then became G4TV. X-Play is the longest longest running shows G4TV from its early days.

I doubt it will beon g4techtv (canadian version) which kind of sucks for me..

Don't you all (Canadians) still have Leo on G4?