Sign in to follow this  
Yillara Skye

Soong Family Thread

Lessa, I like you new avatar.  Where is that picture from?  Is it a screen grab from Deja Q?

Well, i saw the picture in another great Trek humour site: http://www.geocities.com/~darsplace/star_t...ault/humor.html

There's a lot to read, but it's great stuff. I'll post it in my other thread too; have fun!

Hello again, jem_soong. I think I'm going to have to change my name, I feel left out (on the other hand...data soong brent spiner technically DOES have soong in it...and data and brent, so maybe I'll just be different). Adn agreed, he's very cute (now I don't feel so bad about being young and liking him :lol: )

Also, I came a little late to really add anything to the Brent's personality discussion, so I'd just like to say that, I agree, and it's what we like so much about him (aww...shy! - I can relate. That's why I love these boards. No talking, only typing. I never talk this much in real life.) So yes, I AGREE!

Jem- Yes he is VERY cute :wow: , and I don't have either TNG or DS9 yet. I am probably going to get only TNG since that is my favorite!

Yes, the book, Finest in the Fleet, described Brent as quiet that he always seems quite the loner. I can relate to that...except when I am here, or at work cause... Here I have my Soong Family, and at work I have all my little children to take care of(since most have called me Mom or at least their Gym Mommy). Other then those two instances, I keep to myself, always have and maybe always will.

I think I'm going to have to change my name, I feel left out.

Maybe we could have a contest. Choose a "name" for DSBS and the prize would be DSBS using the name (I'm cheap). :wow:

Well, I could just use my first name, as I don;'t mind people knowing THAT...but I like dsbs, too (ds is my intials as well, but I only realised that AFTER I made up the name :wow:)

I think I'll get all the box sets, but TNG is definite (not "I think", "I WILL!")

Hee hee, this thread is too funny. Brent Spiner has quite a following here. :wow: Anyhoo, I can relate to the character. At times, I have been called an android. I picked the name because it fit me. :wow: I will stop by from time to time. I enjoy reading this stuff.

Hey you too, Data?! That is something we have in common, I was nicknamed Android in school and at home, well... 'cause "Walking Computer" takes sometime to say!

We certainly don't mind you coming to the family thread....I mean Data IS a Soong, after all.

OK, sisters...I promised to keep everybody posted on how my girls did at their competition. I will post only shortened versions of their names or their "nicknames". Today was a practice meet, and remember that they ARE only beginners.

10.0 is the highest individual score

40.0 is the highest All Around or combined score

sooo....

I will give full results on Saturday, but today I'll Give you first place only.

Younger (5,6 & 7)--Girls competiting: Brie, Sam, "Tasha", "Lal" & "Petunia"

Vault---Brie (7.40)

Bars---Sam (6.60)

Beam--Sam (5.80)

Floor---"Lal" (4.85)

All Around---Sam (22.80)

Older (8&9) Girls Competing:"C", Em, Ell, and "ShyGirl"

Vault--"C" (7.40)

Bars--Em (7.00)

Beam--Em (7.10)

Floor--"C" (5.70)

All Around--Em (26.45)

Their scores will more than likely be higher since, the two that were judging today deliberately judged tough, so that the girls were better prepared. If they went easy, then the girls would relax WAY too much! Believe me, they would!

oh god, was anyone else watching Skin of Evil? I nearly cried at the look on Data's face at the end (I think I would have if my brother wasn't in the room.) That's when you know someone's a good actor - when they make you want to cry just because they want to.

Argh, I hate that episode. Except, I really like it :wow:

Oh, and great job yillara - wish them all congrats from me, please :wow:

and good luck for next time.

OK, sisters...I promised to keep everybody posted on how my girls did at their competition. I will post only shortened versions of their names or their "nicknames". Today was a practice meet, and remember that they ARE only beginners.

10.0 is the highest individual score

40.0 is the highest All Around or combined score

sooo....

I will give full results on Saturday, but today I'll Give you first place only.

Younger (5,6 & 7)--Girls competiting: Brie, Sam, "Tasha", "Lal" & "Petunia"

Vault---Brie (7.40)

Bars---Sam (6.60)

Beam--Sam (5.80)

Floor---"Lal" (4.85)

All Around---Sam (22.80)

Older (8&9) Girls Competing:"C", Em, Ell, and "ShyGirl"

Vault--"C" (7.40)

Bars--Em (7.00)

Beam--Em (7.10)

Floor--"C" (5.70)

All Around--Em (26.45)

Their scores will more than likely be higher since, the two that were judging today deliberately judged tough, so that the girls were better prepared. If they went easy, then the girls would relax WAY too much! Believe me, they would!

Congrats to all. Thankyou for the welcome to the thread. Yes Dr. Soong was Data's Dad. So I guess Data's name is Data Soong. :wow:

Yes, yes it is. Brent claims it's "Data Data" (see convention report in st.com), but...he was joking. So Data Soong it is.

Wow, that was a lot to look through! I didn't read it all, because time is limited, so forgive me if I say something that was already said.

Data's awesome. He is my favorite character in all of Trek. (With Spock as a very close second.) I just think he's such a dynamic character.

Has anyone seen that episode of Frasier with Mr. Spiner in it? I saw it mentioned at StarTrek.com, so I taped it and watched it. That was hilarious. "You both look so pale!" I think it was called "A Friend for Lilith."

"Skin of Evil" is a sad, sad episode. I like Tasha. She was cool. I wish she could have stayed. I like her hair. I also like Janeway's hair (in the later seasons when it's short). If I had the courage to cut my hair short, I'd get it cut either like Tasha's or Janeway's. But... I don't think I could ever get my hair cut short. It'd just be too weird for me.

Getting back on topic... this is a very cool idea... the whole thread I mean.

Hey beedril - welcome to the site and this thread, and have fun.! (yes, we have another Data fan :) you'd bee surprised how many there are).

The episode of Fraiser was called "Lilith needs a Favour" - my favourite Fraiser episode! Brent was great in it (I loved the subtle ST jokes :wow:)., but then isn't he always?

Tasha had very cool hair (when it was normal, that is).

Still crying from Skin of Evil :wow:

oh god, was anyone else watching Skin of Evil? I nearly cried at the look on Data's face at the end (I think I would have if my brother wasn't in the room.) That's when you know someone's a good actor - when they make you want to cry just because they want to.

Argh, I hate that episode. Except, I really like it  :wow:

No, I was online at the time S.O.E. was playing...oops. Anyway, I do think Data's expression was just so sad. Just made me want to give him a hug. Well, I'd want to hug him no matter what :wow: . Anyway, that definately makes a good actor, when they can make you cry, make you scream and make you laugh when they want you to!

And thanks for all the congrats, I will pass them and all the good luck on to all my girls! They'll love to hear that!!

As for Tasha's haircut...When I was in 4th grade all the way to 11th grade, my hair was cut like Tasha's or just a little longer. And I was blond at the time, matter of fact, it was because of Tasha that I got my hair cut. I figured that if she could have that short of hair and still be so feminine looking, that I could give it a try. Nowadays, my hair is auburn (or red depending how you see it) and looks similar to Catherine Zeta-Jones' haircut in Chicago.

Did it change colour naturally or did you dye it (my hair's just boring brown. And I have about 3x as much as any normal person :wow:).

I need help - I really ldon't want to think about that darn episode!!! :wow: :)

I liked thed the line "you both look so pale. can I help you with anything?" "not unless you have some extra melanin lying around"

Bebe Newith is such a funny actor, but she creeps my out. It's hard to explain, but most people understand - she's just so...CREEPY as lilth.

Did anyone notice that they left it wide open for Albert to return in another episode? YES!

Did it change colour naturally or did you dye it (my hair's just boring brown. And I have about 3x as much as any normal person :wow:).

I need help - I really ldon't want to think about that darn episode!!! :)  :wow:

Two fold situation...I got bored with being blond(I was born a red-head, then naturally went platinum) so I dyed it a few times. . .up until last year. When to my relief my hair has become auburn (I like being a redhead, the blond was boring to me and like I said I wasn't born that way!) Now I match my family better...My parents have very dark brown hair, my sister's hair is dark brown(she tinted it auburn), and my brother's hair is almost black!

Don't worry dsbs, S.O.E. is very hard on a lot of people...like Nemesis & The Offspring is to me and many others. Or the end of "Thine Own Self", I can't help but cry through the end (even though he was brought back).

And yes, Albert was a character they said they may bring back....and yes, Bebe IS kinda creepy in Frasier.

No, I was online at the time S.O.E. was playing...oops. Anyway, I do think Data's expression was just so sad. Just made me want to give him a hug. Well, I'd want to hug him no matter what  . Anyway, that definately makes a good actor, when they can make you cry, make you scream and make you laugh when they want you to!

I can't cry. I am an Android. :oops:

DSBS....Think of Data's Day and the fact that i cannot type the word "date" LOL, it always comes out "data" LOl (just something silly to make you smile)

Think about when Data caught Teagan on the holodeck...think about him playing with Spot. Think about him singing "Life forms"

and smile...we love you!

Please make it so that Brent comes back to Fraiser! Please please please!

Lilith is a scary woman isn't she and Bebe Newirth plays her so well. I really liked Lanel that she played in the episode First Contact who want to "be" with an alien. :wow:

I really hope they have Brent on Frasier again. Lilith could get married since they did have so much in common from the brief appearance of his character. That would be great.

Congratulations Lessa. You're a Lt. Cmdr. Way to go. And you thought you'd be an ensign forever. :wow::wow:

Great job Lessa!! And as I said on the Stories board, I have read to chapter seven so far and your story is very very good! I love the story and I am not even finished reading it yet!!!

I liked THine Own self (Finally saw it - oh my :wow:), but I thought it was sad (but an...interesting, if not nice) touch that he couldn't remember. Life's not always perfect (although I would have liked it if he had). The ep was amazing, and it had a great, very clear yet subtle message.

Thanks lessa :wow: . I'm smiling now. I keep on typingn my name as Dana (it's Donna) and date often comes out wrong for me too. but not obsessed. not at all.

It would be amazing if lilith and Albert got married!! (fingers crossed). Neuwith plays her very well (but still creepy). I loved that episode, though. It was hilarious (especially the Brent parts!!)

Congrats again lessa!!

I was thinking about the day Yillara and I signed up for these boards and decided to do a little math. I added up the number of posts for the Soong sisters (at that time it was 1,788) and figured out the percentage of posts we account for on the boards. It worked out to 37% of the total posts. I remember when I first went to the TNG board and there were only 10 threads going and now look at it. My how the boards have grown and no one has told us to shut up yet. :wow:

Well, C_S sorta did, when she warned us about getting off topic. But then Lessa started the apology thread, and everything is good now. But, now we have our thread and there are now over 85 posts on it!!!!

Don't you think Frank Hollander in Fistful of Datas looked soooo good. Data looked so bad with that Riker beard in that one episode but looked great with that mustache. I was almost cheering for him over Worf.

134.gif

That IS a good picture! :wow: And a great addition to our thread!! He looks so darn great, and yes I was hoping HE won instead of Worf!