Sign in to follow this  
Krissy Phaserman

KWAN OUT, HUGHES IN

Doesn't suck, IMO.

Emily Hughes earned her place in the Olympics.

Kwan did not.

Justice has been done. :laugh:

it's just real sad that Kwan has missed her chance at winning the gold. That was her dream and now she may be too old by the time of the next winter olympics, she will be 29 and that is old for the sport. It's really sad

Doesn't suck, IMO.

Emily Hughes earned her place in the Olympics.

Kwan did not.

Justice has been done. :laugh:

Could not have said it better myself! :lol: Well said, APW (my mother & I both wholeheartedly agree).

I think what aggrivated me most about her was that her routines were recycled repeatedly and passed off as a "new routine". Even if she DID change parts of it, you could easily tell that majority of it was untouched. If you watched her from year to year, she really did NOT make improvements at all. And the new scoring system only served to emphasize this, if anything it also emphasized she was going downhill. And speaking of aggrivation, it makes me mad that they spent all this time panning in on her during the opening ceremonies, then repeatedly doing reports on her when there were SO many other athletes from many nations who could have gotten some recognition! (I root for the US, that goes without saying being as I am from there... but I have so many other favorites from around the world, I would have loved to have seen them appear instead of her.

Also had Emily been there where she BELONGED... she would not have to be dealing with delays due to the massive winter storm (this was brought up during an interview yesterday).

Congratulations to Emily Hughes on being restored to her RIGHTFUL place on the Olympic Squad! And know that there are so many of us pulling for you, Kimmie Meisner & Sasha Cohen!!!!

Edited by Yillara_Skye

Yes, Skye. NBC annoyed me, last night, by spending all that time on her. I really wish the Olympics were on ABC, like they were years ago. ABC would actually show the games. Instead of turning the games into a Soap Opera, like NBC. By the way, USA channel is showing the games during the day. I have enjoyed their coverage. NBC sucks.

By the way, USA channel is showing the games during the day. I have enjoyed their coverage.

Yeah, I know :laugh: Caught the first medals awarded in the Games (biathelon), as well as I was watching curling this morning (USA vs Norway)

i totally agree that kwan shouldn't have gone in the first place. they only let her go because of her name. i feel bad for emily hughes there not be able to go in the first place and being able to experience the whole thing. i think it's time for kwan to go pro and move forward. like most other figure skaters who have won medals and gone on to be professional skaters. that's just my thought.

i totally agree that kwan shouldn't have gone in the first place. they only let her go because of her name. i feel bad for emily hughes there not be able to go in the first place and being able to experience the whole thing. i think it's time for kwan to go pro and move forward. like most other figure skaters who have won medals and gone on to be professional skaters. that's just my thought.

You completely have a point, stvoyagerfan21. She CAN go pro, even though I am not a fan of her at ALL, she most certainly can go pro. But, whether she does so everyone will just have to wait and see.

I swear they bring her up one more time on the TV I think I am going to scream! :laugh: True, today it seems less of an amount... but she is gone, end of subject and please move on to athletes and sports that mean so much more to us viewers. *Was watching men's short program just before coming to the site*

Edited by Yillara_Skye