• C. T'Pol/Phlox
    • D. T'Pol/Hoshi
    • E. Trip/Reed
    • F. Trip/T'Pol
    • G. Archer/T'Pol
    • H. Reed/Mayweather
    • I. Archer/Trip
    • J. Mayweather/Hoshi

Which pairing has the best potential for storyline? Who is your favorite ENT pair? Which pair makes you smile? Which pair would make you smile if they had more time together? Who do you want to see more of--together? :lol:

it's a toss up between Trip/Reed or Archer/T'Pol i'll say Archer/TPol, because the Trip/Reed is more of a buddy thing which there is always going to be on a ship. With Archer and T'Pol it takes more effort for the Captain and 1st officer to be a good pairing. As for the rest, they just get along.

I voted for Archer and T'Pol but I would like it to be strictly Captain/First Officer relationship along the lines of Kirk/Spock or the relationship that Picard had with Data.

Guest Guest

Agreed. Archer/T'Pol should definitely remain platonic. :) They really don't shoot out the romantic vibes at all, do they?

I voted for Trip and Reed, myself. They remind me of Bashir and O'Brien BIG time. :bow: Bashir and O'Brien were a big part of what made DS9 such and excellent program.

I love Trip and Jonathan's emotional bond, but Trip/Reed edges out Trip and Jonathan by an eyelash since it's more a relationship of contemporaries.

Just my humble opinion, of course. B)

i would like to see a romantic alliance between Hoshi and Trip, but as far as screen time etc i just love Trip/Reed episodes! They are sooo funny together!

I like Archer and T'Pol, but if they became more then friends, that would be ok, but i think it should take a lot of time. They are getting close now, but if it was rushed, it would mess the whole thing up.

Trip and Reed are funny together too. I would like them to do more with Hoshi.

Maybe if Mayweather actually gets a couple of storylines people will pick him in a pairing in the future. :bow:

Guest Guest
i would like to see a romantic alliance between Hoshi and Trip, but as far as screen time etc i just love Trip/Reed episodes

Holy cow, another Trip/Hoshi shipper! :bow: They would make the most romantic couple, would they not? :) I can't decide between Trip/Reed adn Trip/Jon myself for my favorite platonic pairing, Bakula Bird. Trip and Jon are more like loving brothers who will always be there for each other, but Trip and Reed are O'Brien and Bashir all over again in the best ways. B)

lol easily done Moulin Rouge! I agree, Trip and Archer are a great pair (platonic that is) and they do have the brotherly thing going on, but the relationship that Trip has with Reed is a lot more flexible as they are closer in age and rank etc...

Talking of relationships, i saw a mental message board once that was reviewing 'A Night In Sickbay' and claimed that there was a love triangle going on between Archer Trip and Reed and that Reed was jealous of how close A and R are etc it said (among other ridiculous stuff) "I wonder who is more Reed's type -- Archer or Tucker?"...

I have found the message! A part of it says:

"I must say, Archer's attitude is much more appealing and considerably more logical than Janeway's. But I doubt he'll go for it with T'Pol. For starters, I thought after "Breaking the Ice" that Tucker was her man. If she and Archer got together, I'm sure Tucker would be devastated. Not to mention Reed...and I don't mean because he once said he likes her bum. Ah, Enterprise, epicenter of so much sexual tension. Phlox must be in heaven." ...some people think waaaaaaay too much!! :lol: Don't get me wrong, i'm not homophobic, i just think that someone was reading stuff into the relationships that wasn't there...

To read the whole review u can go to:

http://www.treknation.com/reviews/enterpri...n_sickbay.shtml

I voted for Archer and T'Pol. I think the realtionship between Captain and next in cammand is fine. A love interest would be too much for me.

I voted for Archer and T'Pol. I think the realtionship between Captain and next in cammand is fine. A love interest would be too much for me.

It would seem that most fans agree with you on that score, Data. Archer and T'Pol as a romantic couple just does not work. The chemistry's either there or it isn't. With Scott and Jolene....it isn't. :lol: I think their lack of chemistry is what fuels slashy speculation like you find in that review, Bakulabird. I'm a Trip/Hoshi shipper myself, but I did enjoy "Breaking the Ice" a great deal more than "A Night in Sickbay." The forced "sexual tension" bit between Archer and T'Pol was a huge turn off for me. I'm not sure Trip and T'Pol would make a successful enduring romantic couple, but at least there's something there in the chemistry department between Trinneer and Blalock--some semblance of a spark. I could at least imagine those two characters giving into passion once or twice and the audience buying it even though long term prospects for relationship success would be dubious. With Archer and T'Pol, there is no spark at all. Friends only. Their scene in "Fallen Hero" where she quietly pleads with him in his quarters to not turn over V'Lar was excellent. Archer's quiet acquiescence spoke volumes of the respect he's come to feel for T'Pol. That scene I liked. I don't ever want to hear Archer saying, "I'll do the breast I can" again. ;)

I'd rather watch Reed and Tucker devlop a lifelong friendship than watch Archer and T'Pol forced into a romance that doesn't work. ;) Reed and Tucker rule. :lol:

Guest Ktrek

I have to say the Reed/Tucker combo works for me too. I think every man wishes they had a real close best friend and confidant. The Captain by nature of his position cannot allow anyone to get too close to him. Reed and Tucker do seem to have a chemistry between them onscreen that seems real and not forced. T'Pol and Archer would never work out and if you follow the history of most TV shows when they resort to pairing cast members in romantic relationships together the show is about finished. The exception to the rule would be "Friends" where the pairings and breakups added to the humor and comedic element of the show. Anyway, TRIP and TUCKER all the way!!! :wow:

Archer and Trip are pretty sweet. :wow: I loved it when Archer got into big brother mode in "The Crossing" and said he wished he could keep Trip in sickbay for the time being. Jon was so mad at the being inside Trip's body when it was eating; he didn't want to take the time to understand the beings if his little brother was missing. :)

I like that. :wow:

I love the Archer/Trip friendship and wish they would show more of it; they've barely shared screen time this season. I voted for Trip/Reed because they by nature of their ranks can do more together like invade the computer in "Dead Stop" that Archer just couldn't do. :wow:

On the other hand I don't understand the desire to see Trip/Hoshi together. I think Trip is great B) but I just have this bias about whiny women and I want to see him with someone stronger - more his equal.

I love the Archer/Trip friendship and wish they would show more of it; they've barely shared screen time this season.

No lie. I'd have much rather Archer been looking after a sick Trip in sickbay during "A Night in Sickbay." That would have been precious. He's cute when he looks after Trip like he did in "Desert Crossing."

I voted for Trip/Reed because they by nature of their ranks can do more together like invade the computer in "Dead Stop" that Archer just couldn't do.   :wow:

Their status as contemporaries gives them the edge. A very slight edge.

I'd have much rather Archer been looking after a sick Trip in sickbay during "A Night in Sickbay."  That would  have been precious.  He's cute when he looks after Trip like he did in "Desert Crossing."

I agree

Trip/Reed is that good old friendship feeling, Archer/Trip are the brothers.. And T'Pol/Trip arguments are very often a great amusement.. Why not stop the attempt to pair T'Pol and Cap. Archer and try out Trip and T'Pol, would work much better, their chemistry is great..

This question needs to have some fresh opinions, especially since we've had several months since it was first posted.

I still go with Tripp/Reed.

I'm becoming more and more fond of Trip and T'Pol together in spite of myself. :laugh: B) They're too darn cute. :angry: All bets may be off after "Similitude," though. Trip and Malcolm are still adorable. Even one scene together in the corridor in "The Xindi" demonstrates how natural they are together as friends.

I voted for Archer/Trip. I have loved their rapport since Broken Bow. I dont know why but I have never liked Reed much. He seems to wimpy for what he does and at this point I really dont feel emotionally invested in the character. I hope they spend some more time developing his character.

I like Reed/Mayweather. One is a military brat and the other grew up wandering in a space freighter. It just seems that a kid who probably grew up wandering around with his military family (Reed) and a kid who grew up wandering in space (Mayweather) would come to acknowledge their similar experiences and naturally form an affinity for each other.