Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

The Original Series/Enterprise

I just watched The Thoilan Web on the sci-fi channel and WOW are my Trekker senses tingling!

I began to see a possible connection between Future Tense and Thoilan Space, keep up the good work B&B!

How about you, are you beginning to see connective tissue between ENT and TOS?

Well, I just watched "Future Tense." Archer and T'Pol were talking while looking for the future ship in Daniels's quarters. Archer wondered if a child of a Vulcan and a Human would have pointed ears. And I just thought Spock, and started laughing. Then the look on T'Pol's face had me laughing on top of that. Yeah, I think that was a definite reference to Spock. I think Enterprise is great with all of the subtle hints and references to TOS.

While there's the occasionaly "continuity slip" to allow creative license, I think ENT is tieing into TOS along with the other spin-offs quite nicely! Anyone think the 6th series, hopefully there will be one, will be set between ENT & TOS or perhaps in the TOS era?

Anywho, here's a thought. When Phlox said the "pilot" had Vulcan DNA, I immediatly thought of Spock being half human... and that he had, well, um... "Pon Far" :clap: with Savvik! Is it possible they had a child who could be the ancestor of this time-traveling pilot?

I am definitely seeing threads being interwoven between TOS and ENT as well as the other series. Yes there are the occasional continuity slips, but I think by and large TPTB are doing a decent job!

Well I love it all! I have liked just about everything ENT has dabbled in from the start. I love how to me, the new direction isn’t really new at all, it fits in with what they have been doing from day one. I loved how the Suliban mirrored the taliban, I love how many of the OS species are being drawn into the overall ARC the series has been playing from the start. I loved how the Xindi attack mirrored 9/11 (no offense intended) and I am looking forward very much to seeing how the little drama is going to mirror world events just as Trek always has but now the gloves are off, imo.

I think that they are doing well at keeping it new and fresh yet tying in original series stuff. I want them to end with a good emplanation of why the Xindi and Suliban were never heard of again, though.

IMO TPTB missed out on a great thread between ENT and TOS. Back before ENT premiered, I heard/read the T'Pol was originally named T'Pau. On ENT we could have seen who T'Pau was before she became a revered Vulcan leader.

Eons ago, when Amok Time first aired, I remember reading that T'Pau was Spock's grandmother. Now I can't find anything regarding that. At any rate, that would have been another great connecting thread. T'Pau's connection to Starfleet could have been the reason Spock joined Starfleet. It would also be why his father disliked it so much. Children rebel against their parents (even Vulcan kids, I suppose) and this would account for both Sarek and Spock.

Lt_Riann Posted on Jul 27 2003, 01:40 PM

IMO TPTB missed out on a great thread between ENT and TOS. Back before ENT premiered, I heard/read the T'Pol was originally named T'Pau. On ENT we could have seen who T'Pau was before she became a revered Vulcan leader.

Eons ago, when Amok Time first aired, I remember reading that T'Pau was Spock's grandmother. Now I can't find anything regarding that. At any rate, that would have been another great connecting thread. T'Pau's connection to Starfleet could have been the reason Spock joined Starfleet. It would also be why his father disliked it so much. Children rebel against their parents (even Vulcan kids, I suppose) and this would account for both Sarek and Spock.

I agree with you 100%, they missed out on a fabulous opportunity to create a fantastic connection with TOS in this area. It took weeks for me to suppress my anger with tptb for not taking this course.

Lt_Riann Posted on Jul 27 2003, 01:40 PM

I agree with you 100%, they missed out on a fabulous opportunity to create a fantastic connection with TOS in this area. It took weeks for me to suppress my anger with tptb for not taking this course.

So did I remember correctly that T'Pau is Spock's grandmother? I was beginning to think I was wrong about that since I haven't found anything that states there is a connection between the two.

I'm not sure about the grandmother part but it still would have been great for T'Pol to have been T'Pau instead. Actually I do remember now and T'pau was not Spocks grandmother but o'well, dont sweat it. :biggrin:

I'm not sure about the grandmother part but it still would have been great for T'Pol to have been T'Pau instead. Actually I do remember now and T'pau was not Spocks grandmother but o'well, dont sweat it. :biggrin:

Oh, well. I guess I can just chalk that up to age. My, it's amazing how the memory goes when we get older. :o

I guess the "Vulcan mind meld" was too much of a divergence for me and I haven't cared for their characterizaton of Vulcans in general but in other areas they have done a good job.

Anyone think the 6th series, hopefully there will be one, will be set between ENT & TOS or perhaps in the TOS era?

i hope not. i want another 24th century one, after voyager brought back all of its technology enhancements, or maybe a 25th century one.

I want them to end with a good emplanation of why the Xindi and Suliban were never heard of again, though.

Me to, I have no idea what that explanation is but I think it will be more than the pushing of a reset button, I sense a plan to the whole thing.

I guess the "Vulcan mind meld" was too much of a divergence for me and I haven't cared for their characterizaton of Vulcans in general but in other areas they have done a good job.

I was unsure of that at first but others have convinced me a hundred years is long enough for the Vulcan's to have transformed many of their society's Old Ways of thinking and doing things.