Sign in to follow this  
Jim Phaserman

Pranks played on new coworkers?

So what pranks have you played on your co-workers?

A few of my favorites....

"Hey, Shipmate, I need you to find me 1,000 feet of Gigline..."--A "Gigline" is the alignment of your shirt buttons with your belt buckle and the zipper flap on your trousers.

"Run over to Engineering and grab a cup of steam for me..."

From my dad...

"Head down to Engineering and ask for a gallon of BT Punch" A "BT" is a Boiler Technician

One I pulled while working for Domino's...

"Hey, someone find me the Dough Repair Kit"....non-existant. I actually sent someone to three stores looking for the DRK.

One I used while on a Submarine...

"Hey, go to the Torpedo room and see if they have any Flux Capacitors."

B) B) B)

One, when I was working at Marko. I was hanging some coats on a rack. I dropped a hanger, so I went under to pick it up, and my supervisor walked past just as I came out. He jumped a mile!

Oh and there was one time I hid a stack of bread and my supervisor went mad cuz she thought we didn't have the delivery. So I sneaked out and put it all out, she found it all after and laughed.

When I was fresh out of AIT my squad leader sent me to the motor pool looking for a muffler bearing and a metric cressent (adjustable) wrench. Believe it or not I found the wrench. The "metric" came from the handle length not the gripping part. And there is such a thing as a muffler bearing.

I fell for it the time I was in the back of a truck and asked to find a box of grid squares (military map coordinates) and a box of ground guides (people who guide military vehicles in, say, a parking lot to keep them from hitting other vehicles).

This was before I arrived but one time they sent a new Private to replace the summer air in the tires with the winter air. After no one had seen him for a couple hours they went to check on him and HE HAD COMPETELY DEFLATED ALL THE TIRES ON THE TRUCK and was looking for the winter air. B)

Then there was the time we sent someone looking for another ficticious item, I forget what. First we sent him to the motor pool to look for it. The tool room guy picked up on the joke and sent the Private to the Motor Sergeant. So the Motor Sergeant picked up and sent him to supply. The Supply Sergeant sent him to Battalion HQ, and someone at HQ sent him to the Sergeant Major. The Sergeant Major simply said "I don't have it here. Take the rest of the day off and I'll have it tomorrow." He called our squad leader and said "I gave the Private you sent for that part the rest of the day off." and everyone had a good laugh over it.

The classic backfire, however, was when I first arrived in Korea. By "first arrived" I mean my plane had landed a few days earlier and our unit was already in the field. There was myself, who had already been in the Army for 2 years, and another kid fresh out of AIT. We were on field maneuvers and one of the Sergeants decided to have a laugh with the new guy. He emptied one of those glowing chemical sticks into his mouth (not a safe thing to do by the way) and sent someone looking for the new guy. Instead of the fresh-out-of-training guy he picked me. So the Sergeant came stumbling in my direction (this was night) and said "I was just on the DMZ, we had a chemical attack..." and then spewed the chemical on me. I laughed and said "You wanted THAT new guy!" and pointed at him, but by now everyone knew the joke backfired.

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

I remember on the Shiloh, an Officer pulled the best one I've seen on an Unrated SN who had just come aboard. He told him to polish the Transom Cowling. Julie told me a Favorite on the Enterprise was to go to the Bowling Alley and find a King Pin. that could keep a Sailor occupied for a while.

I once poured salt in a co-worker's coffee. Doesn't sound like much, but considering we kept adding it little by little, and she never noticed........plus the following anticipation pending her actually drinking the coffee, it's about the damn funniest prank I ever pulled. She chased me around the building after I did that, and grabbed something to use to ward her off, but I was laughing too hard to use it to defend myself.

I have every intention of topping that one, though, come April 1.

None on co-workers. We used to play great pranks on teachers (student teachers, substitute teachers, and the persons who gave you your grades...) in the honors classes when I was in junior high school, but that's not the topic of this thread.

I sent a Paralegal to K-Mart once because we "needed some Legal Breifs". This was the same Paralegal who's headlight went out on her car. We all told her she must have run out of Headlight Fluid.

When I used to work in a restaurant we always used to send the new guys to the basement for things. There was no basement, but even the managers told them that there was and that the door was in the boiler room and they just weren't looking hard enough. :cloud9:

I sent a Paralegal to K-Mart once because we "needed some Legal Breifs". This was the same Paralegal who's headlight went out on her car. We all told her she must have run out of Headlight Fluid.

Well, of course. I mean you can't wear illegal briefs in a courtroom, can you?

Edit: I told the story about the Sergeant Major again and didn't see it before.

Mmmm, Krissy.

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

When I was a kid and worked at McDonalds, we used to de-pants new guys and run their work pants up the flagpole.