Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

Favorite Metal Gear Game

of all the Metal Gear games, Including the Non-Cannon Snakes Revenge on the NES, from the Classic NES to present next-Gen Playing, which is your favorite

I just got Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake eater for christmas today, soI can't judge that yet, but so far Metal Gear Solid for the Playstation is my favorite

by far, the greatest Metal Gear Solid game is Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. From the beautiful "Snake Eater" theme to the combat to just the beautiful scenery, the game is just fantastic.

My favorites in order

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake

Metal Gear Solid/Twin Snakes

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

Metal Gear

Snake's Revenge

Edited by Gamera

I've only played Metal Gear Solid and MGS2, but I absolutely loved MGS2. The graphics and story were brilliant, especially about the Patriots.

I am taking a guess at this, I just started to play MSG3 but I think Naked Snake is Big Boss

MSG2 got me mad cause of Raiden, he was a little too much of a (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't) for a military role

There's an upcoming game called MGS4: Guns of the Patriots that takes place in the future. Snake has been confirmed as returning, though he'll look different. He'll be gray and an elderly guy. It's supposed to be out sometime next year for the PS3 release.

You mean FOXDIE? FOXDIE was designed to kill by mimicking a heart attack, not age him. Also, Hideo Kojima, creator of Metal Gear, confirmed it's set in the future, called 20XX.

MGS on the PSone has a nostalgic vote from me...Sons of liberty was a much improved game,i still play it on extreme mode...MGS 3 is ok but not what i was expecting,and MGS Acid on the PSP was pretty good....Snnnaaaaakkkkkkkeeeee..lol

I heard the PSP version from X-Play was horrible, anyway i like MSG3 so far, but they should of made it more like GTA in the free roaming Enviroments, but still a decent game awsome graphics, not enough blood I like the blood fest in sons of liberty

I just beat Snake eater today, it was alot easier then I thought it would be, but good game, great ending, i liked it

I like plain old Metal Gear best ... mainly because I have a thing for nerds and I think Otacon was way sexy in that first one. Even though he did wet himself ... well, considering what was going on, I probably would have had to change my depends too!

I liked the story best, too.

I like plain old Metal Gear best ... mainly because I have a thing for nerds and I think Otacon was way sexy in that first one. Even though he did wet himself ... well, considering what was going on, I probably would have had to change my depends too!

You mean Metal Gear sOLID FOR TE pLAYSTATION RIGHT, pLAIN OLD mETAL GEAR WAS FOR THE 8-BIT nes AND Octacon wasnt in it

There's an upcoming game called MGS4: Guns of the Patriots that takes place in the future. Snake has been confirmed as returning, though he'll look different. He'll be gray and an elderly guy. It's supposed to be out sometime next year for the PS3 release.

Snake is aging fast because he is a clone, this is answered in the new PSM magazine

PSM: How many years after MGS2 does this game take place?

Kojima: Right now, I'm still working out the scenario so there won't be any (continuity) mistakes, but I'd say a couple of years-maybe as many as 10.

PSM: Snake looks significantly older in MGS4. Is he aging faster because he is a clone of Big Boss?

Kojima: [Laughter] You're exactly right! You're right, he is a clone. He was a copy, but the cloning technology is from the '70s. It was very new technology back then. It's not like it is today with our technology. Snake is aging very fast. If you look at Otacon, you'll noticed he has not aged very much, but Snake has.

You mean Metal Gear sOLID FOR TE pLAYSTATION RIGHT, pLAIN OLD mETAL GEAR WAS FOR THE 8-BIT nes AND Octacon wasnt in it

Yes, yes, sorry ... it's Metal Gear Solid I'm talking about. I'd never heard of the game series "Metal Gear" existing prior to that one and simply think of it as the first. What is 8-BIT nes, anyway? Is that Nintendo or something else?

The only one I ever played was the original NES version.

I loved it. Until I lost the map of the desert and couldn't navigate anymore. :laugh:

man, you got that right, the desert is really confusing and I could only get through it with a map. Hate that part, but you can find maps for it on the internet now

I really can't say. The only one I've played really is... actually, I don't know the name of it. It's one of the PS1 games, no actual mission, just a bunch of courses. It's like a game that's a huge tutorial for the other games, I guess you could say. I have a copy of MG3 that I borrowed from a fired months ago, but I haven't played it much. Me and my girl got addicted to Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (and then BG:DA2).