Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Why is STF so slow these days?

Then how come for the past 2 weeks, I've only seen about 5 new posts each day?

We have had 216 so far today. And we are still coming in at more that 10,000 posts per month.

We had more posts this month then we did last month. In fact this was the most we've had in any of our 5 months so far. Monday was a slow day but most Mondays are.

Last month we reached 40,000 on June 16th. Here we are on July 14th (15th but it's only been the 15th for 2 hours on the east coast) and we have 50,535. Besides, I would expect it to be slower in the summer while people are on vacation or at the beach or whatever. When I was building and selling computers a few years back summer was always slower then fall and winter. People just aren't inside at their computers as much.

We had more posts this month then we did last month. In fact this was the most we've had in any of our 5 months so far. Monday was a slow day but most Mondays are.

Last month we reached 40,000 on June 16th. Here we are on July 14th (15th but it's only been the 15th for 2 hours on the east coast) and we have 50,535. Besides, I would expect it to be slower in the summer while people are on vacation or at the beach or whatever. When I was building and selling computers a few years back summer was always slower then fall and winter. People just aren't inside at their computers as much.

Plus with Enterprise on reruns that would affect some posting too although we are still adding a good number of new members each month as well.

:laugh:CJLP, You need to check out the post I started way back when, "BOARD?" :lol: :lol: It should give you something to do. :lol: :lol:

:bow:CJLP, You need to check out the post I started way back when, "BOARD?" ;)  ;) It should give you something to do. :o  :(

or keep checking back on Red Alert, and don't worry, it is a story, so there CAN be a wormhole...

ya it IS summer, and alot of people may be vacationing or out doing stuff. summer is the most active time of the year.

It could also be the forums you continually check. I noticed the ones I frequent have slowed slightly, so I've begun checking other forums. Try using "My Assistant" and click on "Today's Active Topics". That will give you a list from all of the forums. You may find some very interesting things there. I have. :bow:

Between midnight EDT and 2:00 p.m. EDT there have been 360 posts made on STF. Doesn't sound too slow to me.

It could also be the forums you continually check. I noticed the ones I frequent have slowed slightly, so I've begun checking other forums. Try using "My Assistant" and click on "Today's Active Topics". That will give you a list from all of the forums. You may find some very interesting things there. I have. :bow:

I agree, I used to get stuck on TNG and the movies forums, but now that I keep up with all of the forums there is a lot to post to..

Probably the only place where posts are slow is on the Voyager forum.....But then unfortunately they have always been slow. :bow:

What do you mean that there are no posts any more? We average about 400 per day.

Wow!!!

I never realised they were so many posts!

And well, summer is always a slower period.. for anything

Yesterday was the sites 5 month "Birthday" and we had over 11,000 new posts for the month of June 16th to July 16th. So last month was the biggest month for us so far.

I have only been gone for a little while and I have one and half pages of new posts. This place is not getting slow at all.

Could it be that the little "Comm Badges" that show up for new posts keep "blinking out" before I can read all the new posts?  This happens often.

Yeah that happens, I have heard it be called "the boards reset cookies" and it happens to me to. Solution? Between forums "The Promenade" and "Board Statistics" there is link to "Today’s Active Topics" I call it a Back up, you can find unviewed posts in there. :lol:

Could it be that the little "Comm Badges" that show up for new posts keep "blinking out" before I can read all the new posts?  This happens often.

Yeah that happens, I have heard it be called "the boards reset cookies" and it happens to me to. Solution? Between forums "The Promenade" and "Board Statistics" there is link to "Today’s Active Topics" I call it a Back up, you can find unviewed posts in there. :lol:

That's my suggestion as well. I use My Assistant to bring up Today's Active Topics but thats just how I do it.

I just click on "view new posts" (upper right) and I always get several pages of them. Works on my home and work computers!

I believe CJLP uses AOL proxy. The weird thing is that AOL will delete cookies while still viewing the boards. You will view one topic and AOL will have you setup like you read all the new posts. I used to use AOL proxy. AOL proxy is when you browse the web in AOL verses using IE or another browser. I believe PROXY is IE explorer or netscape which you have within AOL and AOL sets up the options for you.