it was well worth the $8.50 I paid to get in to Silver City.

$8.50??? here in edmonton, alberta, our silver city is $12 and our newest cineplex odeon, which is even better than silver city is $13! movies here are becoming more and more expensive, but i've got a friend who works at cineplex, so he can get me in free!! woo-hoo! lol

My gosh that's expensive. I can't remember if the $8.50 included sales taxes or not but even if it didn't it would still be under $10. At the Silver City theatres here (I'm in Winnipeg) they have one admission price for everyone - adult, kids, seniors. It made it cheaper for adults but a little more expensive to take kids or for seniors to go but not much.

Bysty, I see the Oilers won tonight!! :wow:

Has ANYONE seen this movie yet?  I guess if they were trying to get Trek fans to go see it, it hasn't worked.

i did see this movie. it was actually better than i thought it was gonna be. but i am also an avid scifi lover, and movie lover. so i generally find something about a movie to like. if i dont like it then it really sucked. but the core was good. yes he said xena tapes, and hot pockets. couldnt find spoiler button so dont read this if you want dont want too. by "hacking the planet" they were saying they needed him to find any and all references to what was happening to the planet, and eliminate them as to avoid mass hysteria. as far as the actors right now for the life of me other than DELROY LINDO (POPULAR) i cant think of their names but i knew most of them. they just happened to be a little, little older, so they probably didnt think that anyone would care. but they are good actors. you might know delroy lindo from THE LAST CASTLE a robert redford movie in 2001 i think. anyway i lliked it, could've been better, could've been worse. to each their own.

I have not seen this movie and I would agree to the fact that many people / reviews have said “it is Armageddon underground . . . .”. The first time I saw a preview of the movie that is exactly what came to mind.

I don’t know it just seems like a recopy of the concept of Armageddon . . . .

Well I think you get my points without me going on more

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I have not seen this movie and I would agree to the fact that many people / reviews have said “it is Armageddon underground . . . .”. The first time I saw a preview of the movie that is exactly what came to mind.

I don’t know it just seems like a recopy of the concept of Armageddon  . . . .

Well I think you get my points without me going on more

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I think I do.

I may rent this when it comes out....well, maybe my mom will rent it or my sister...I probably will end up seeing it no matter what, I guess...

I am glad I didn't read this thread before I rented the movie. Yes, Xena tapes and hot pockets. I liked this movie - not a four star but reasonable entertainment. (I detested Armageddon)

Who is Delray Lindo? I did however recognize Bruce Greenwood. I actually thought X2 - which I also rented had more special effects and less plot. I thought the plot was a little different - how the core became unstable.

A couple of predictable scenes but I liked it. Geology isn't my forte but I did have a question

Click for Spoiler:

I thought the whales went too deep - I don't know what their depth range is ...but I'll try to find out