Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

The Saddest Episodes of Star Trek

Sad Episode of Trek  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What Is The Saddest Episode of Trek You Have Ever Seen?

• Requiem for Methuselah (TOS)
    • This Side of Paradise (TOS)
    • Lower Decks (TNG)
    • The Offspring (TNG)
    • The Inner Light (TNG)
    • Skin of Evil (TNG)
    • Tears of the Prophets (DS9)
    • What You Leave Behind (DS9)
    • The Visitor (DS9)
    • Drone (VOY)
    • Course: Oblivion (VOY)
    • Similitude (ENT)
    • Cogenitor (ENT)
    • Terra Prime (ENT)
    • These Are The Voyages (ENT)
    • other

I voted other...the Saddest Episode of Star Trek i have ever seen is "Hero worship" TNG...that young boy trying to copy data cuz he had lost his family kinda got the Hang right here *points to heart*... :laugh:

I voted for The Offspring. While Data resolved his loss by downloading his daughter's memories into himself, he never attempted to reproduce again, which to me communicates that Data was unwilling to ever risk undergoing such a loss again.

Many of these episodes deal with loss through death, and Star Trek gives interesting solutions to handling the problem of the ultimate loss.

In this episode, Data downloaded his lost child.Like the crew I found myself greatly saddened by his loss, no matter what he said about her still being with him. It sounded the same as human loss in death.

062titleobr0eb.jpg

062obr1398ij.jpg

062obr1382pt.jpg

My number one vote for the saddest episode of Star Trek once again goes to the Star Trek Enterprise episode "Similitude". The emotion of the entire crew can be felt in this episode. No other episode of Trek has ever touched me the way this did, that's why I always talk about it. So it gets my vote for the saddest episode of Star Trek. It would also get my vote as the best episode of Trek, but it has a lot of competition to fight for that title :laugh:

All those eps are sad including these in part because they are the Finales of those shows.

1."All Good Things" ("TNG")

2."What You Leave Behind" ("DS9")

3."EndGame" ("Voyager")

4."These Are The Voyages" ("Enterprise")

"The Offspring" got my vote. That one to this day makes me cry. The reasons for this, echo what mj has already posted. It also continued to highlight how human Data actually always was.

This Side of Paradise will always be a particular favorite - but hard to choose between it and Similitude. Lower Decks always affected me too. Was City on the Edge of Forever not on the list? And for VOY - Someone to Watch Over Me.

Twilight!

with Similitude coming in as a close second.