Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

Favorite Christmas Special on TV

Witht The Holiday season not too far away i was wondering what everyone's Fav. Holiday Special is

Mine is the Classic Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer,

The only special that actually really mentions Christmas is the Charlie Brown one and I'm not sure they even show that one on tv anymore. I think the rest of them are more appropriately called "holiday" specials.

I watch Charlie Brown and the Grinch (the Boris Karlov version) I am thinking of buying the Magic School Bus holiday dvd for the little guys I babysit for - it's all environmental & science friendly :laugh:

And I think there's some really lame made for tv Christmas movie that David Hewlett has a small part in so I'll be seaching tv guide for that. :laugh:

And I highly recommend the Patrick Stewart version of Scrooge - I don't think the critics liked it but it was by far my favorite version.

Patrick Stewart version of Scrooge, It's a wonderful life, and Snowman. Snowman is the best, it's tradition.

"I'm walking in the air................"

^that's the depressing movie, very sad

I even like Frosty the Snowman 2 that was just made a few years ago that starred John Goodman as Frosty. It has some pretty funny jokes in it. My favorite line from that movie is when the angry teacher says "Oh yeah, everyone says it's a winter wonderland until they slip on ice and break their back or slide into a lightpole". :laugh:

Edited by Gamera

THe Charlie Brown Christmas special

Garfield's Christmas

Claymation's Christmas (I gotta find a copy of that, the video I have was from when I was little... that tape is going to die soon I know it! :laugh::laugh: )

A Christmas Carol (with Mickey Mouse)

Mr Magoo's A Christmas Carol

THere was a strange one based on Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer, but still watch it anyhow.

How The Grinch Stole Chrismas (the cartoon one, and only one or two of the times it is shown on tv...once they start the rerun crap is when I wont watch Grinch for the rest of the holidays)

Scrooged

I did get to see Patrick Stewart's version of A Christmas Carol on tv... very good version :rofl:

movie wise

Santa Claus the Movie

THe Santa Clause & SC II (it was a cute film & sequel)

Edited by Yillara_Skye

I just bought Santa Claus the Movie on DVD!

and my Favorite version of the Christmas Carol is the Muppets Christmas Carol, and its being released on DVD Nov 39th!!!!

anyone here fans of Santa Claus is Coming to town!

A Muppet Family Christmas, the original version, not the butchered Disney version. I'm talking about the one where all the Muppets are at Fozzie's Mother's farmhouse. It had the Muppet Show Muppets, the Sesame Street Muppets and the Fraggles. It is just awesome and funny.

Home Alone.

Just watched it the other night. It never gets old.

Oh yeah, my family always watches Home Alone over the holidays. That and Christmas Vacation.

my absolute favorite christmas movie of all time is

Jingle All The Way :laugh::laugh::rofl: I love this movie

It's Turbo Time!

OMG, I had forgotten about that one! Arnold & Sinbad were a scream in that!

As for the Home Alone movies.. I liked the third one, and whichever one had him lost in New York (the second one??)

and my Favorite version of the Christmas Carol is the Muppets Christmas Carol, and its being released on DVD Nov 39th!!!!

What type of year are you living in? The time-traveling one?

Maybe he might to say Nov 29th. :laugh: Its The Muppet Christmas Carol - Kermit's 50th Anniversary Edition .

My calander also has 13 months, Stupid Smarch

I meant the 29th, give me a break i have a broken finger :(

i like almost all of them. hard to pick just one. i will say i miss the garfield special. i wish they'd bring it back. i always catch rudolph, frosty,charlie brown, and a few others.

tm :(