Sign in to follow this  
Dark Reality

Things you've "gotten" from Trek characters

Sorry about the confusing topic title/description, I really didn't know how to word it. I've been thinking about doing this topic for a while, though I never did settle on a name.

My answer is, I've gotten Jadzia's walking with the hands behind the back.... I didn't start it until after I started watchind DS9 all the way through, but I didn't do it expressly to copy her, either. I just picked up the habit, I guess.

Has anything similar happened with any of you? Picking up mannerisms from Star Trek characters, or any other TV show? Sounds silly, I know, but if someone were to tell me to stop it (walking with my hands behind my back like Jadzia does) it would be hard to break the habit... I always catch myself doing it without thinking.

I've picked up Data's facial expressions.

It's really funny when my family sit down at dinner.

Man my mom get's peed!

Also, Tom Paris' stubbornes!

Not too much per se. However, I have noticed reading my older posts as well as some of my school papers that I tend not to use contractions when I write; somewhat akin to how Data speaks. Also, I notice that I will do that occasionally when I speak to people as well.

Edited by Yillara_Skye

I talk like Data and Spock, the Picard shirt tug,the vulcan greating and eyebrow, and last but not least I say lines the computer says.

Oh, I've been doing the Vulcan "Live Long and Prosper" hand sign since before I knew who Spock was. I probably got it from my father, a huge Trekkie before me. :laugh: I do the eye thing as well, though for the same reason as I talk like Yoda... Intentionally, to make my girlfriend laugh. Before she met me, she hadn't seen any Trek or Star Wars... She watched the first two SW films, I took her to III and we watched the original trilogy together... now we're watching TNG straight through together. :frusty:

And I've done Picard's shirt tug... though I think that's been more intentional than anything. :laugh:

I often find myself raising my eyebrow, talking without contractions, and thinking logically.

I act serious like Data.

One character that influences me the most is Deanna Troi. She's so kind and helpful, I like her personality that I became a counsellor at school.

And like Spock, thinking logically (which does not work for me!) and greeting everyone with the vulcan sign.

I started to drink Earl Grey tea because of Jean-Luc and now I find myself actually liking that stuff. :laugh:

Oh and the shirt tug thingy, yeah, I do that, too.

I can do the Vulcan hand sign. I've also caught myself using certain phrases like "Unknown Captain"....... :laugh:

I can very easily do the Vulcan Greeting on either hand and think logically many things through.

:frusty::laugh::laugh: :blink:

Same here and I do it often.

I started to drink Earl Grey tea because of Jean-Luc and now I find myself actually liking that stuff. :laugh:

Oh and the shirt tug thingy, yeah, I do that, too.

Earl Grey tea is very good. I put some sugar in it.

Edited by Odie

I often use the raised eyebrow. I try to use logic. I drink some Earl Grey tea. I often say Tea, Earl Grey. Hot! I also frequently say that everything can be realted to Star Trek (if you try hard enough!).