Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

The Chronicles of Narnia:

best Narnia song ever written!

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>">
name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

from SNL, but this is some other guys doing their version (didn't have the SNL version on youtube)

I watched Caspian last night, it was a good movie but I was a little annoyed that they strayed from the book in places.

Both of the Chronicles of Narnia movies strayed from the books, although the first one only strayed in small details, like having the wolves in hot pursuit of the children, instead of following a nearly cold trail. Some things they clearly did to give action to the movie, to create suspense. But they did not change the story line in any fundamental way.

Prince Caspian had a lot of fundamental changes in it, in particular

Click for Spoiler:

creating conflict between Peter and Caspian, having Peter lead a failed battle, and having both Peter and Caspian tempted to bring back the white witch
. It was a different story about the same people. Fortunately I had read some fan reviews before I went to see the movie, and so I was warned about the fact that the Peter of the book was not there.

Many of the reviews I read were from people who felt the Christian allegory was lost by the way Peter;s character was developed in Prince Caspian. While I suspect it was not the intent of Adamson and others connected with the movie, I believe one can still see an allegory to Christian life in that Peter learned not to depend on himself, but on Aslan and others. He 'matured.'

I liked and enjoyed the movie even though it was not faithful to the book.

I watched Caspian last night, it was a good movie but I was a little annoyed that they strayed from the book in places.

Both of the Chronicles of Narnia movies strayed from the books, although the first one only strayed in small details, like having the wolves in hot pursuit of the children, instead of following a nearly cold trail. Some things they clearly did to give action to the movie, to create suspense. But they did not change the story line in any fundamental way.

Prince Caspian had a lot of fundamental changes in it, in particular

Click for Spoiler:

creating conflict between Peter and Caspian, having Peter lead a failed battle, and having both Peter and Caspian tempted to bring back the white witch
. It was a different story about the same people. Fortunately I had read some fan reviews before I went to see the movie, and so I was warned about the fact that the Peter of the book was not there.

Many of the reviews I read were from people who felt the Christian allegory was lost by the way Peter;s character was developed in Prince Caspian. While I suspect it was not the intent of Adamson and others connected with the movie, I believe one can still see an allegory to Christian life in that Peter learned not to depend on himself, but on Aslan and others. He 'matured.'

I liked and enjoyed the movie even though it was not faithful to the book.

Very true on all points. I noticed in the first one about the wolves finding them at Beaver's house while they were still there where in the book they'd been long gone by the time the wolves arrived.

I also didn't much care for the story change that you have in the spoiler. I also didn't care for the timing of the blowing of the horn, it happens much too early in the movie. But I guess they had to get the four of them into the story earlier for the movie than they are in the book. And that all plays into the part about bringing back the White Witch too.

I did like the way they did Reepicheep though. I look forward to "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" (assuming it's to be made).

All in all I enjoyed it, but I do wish they had stayed more true to the book.