Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

The Chronicles of Narnia:

This quote is from a thread about books but it fits what I want to post...

One of my favorites is a children's series by C.S. Lewis : Chronicles of Narnia. I reread them recently...they are still fun!

This was always a favorite set of mine also, I haven't read them for 5 or 10 years but they were just as fun to read as an adult as they were as a child and teen.

I can't wait till December to see this! I just hope they do the entire series.

(This clip is about 25 or 30 mb, dial-up connections will likely have problems)

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

I've seen the trailer, looks teh awesome! I think they should have done it starting with The Magicians Nephew (unless they already have?). I have seen the old ones that played on BBC, and read the books, plus seen the play. It is gonna be soo sweet! Gotta love those graphics!

I'd rather see them do the movies in the original order of the books, doing it that way (which is how it looks like they will do it) puts The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe first. "The Magicians Nephew" was the 6th book in the set.

I've seen a few of the original movies but this one looks like it will blow all of them away.

I'd rather see them do the movies in the original order of the books, doing it that way (which is how it looks like they will do it) puts The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe first. "The Magicians Nephew" was the 6th book in the set.

I've seen a few of the original movies but this one looks like it will blow all of them away.

By original movies, are you referring to the original Wonderworks productions? I think they only did LW&W through Silver Chair.

I know there was a cartoon adaptation of LW&W as well, but I know nothing beyond the first book in the animated series.

By original movies, are you referring to the original Wonderworks productions? I think they only did LW&W through Silver Chair.

I know there was a cartoon adaptation of LW&W as well, but I know nothing beyond the first book in the animated series.

That may be the case, it's been about 15 years since I saw them. I think I found them in a Christian bookstore and rented them. Now that you mention it I do think there were only 2 of them. I'm not sure if I saw the animated series.

oops, i thought MN was the first book! My bad.

It was the 6th one written but if you go by the story it takes place before any of the other stories. Kind of like how the 4th Star Wars movie is the 1st story of the 6 part arc.

Kind of like how the 6th Star Wars movie is the 1st story of the 6 part arc.

Wait, what? :blush:

Kind of like how the 6th Star Wars movie is the 1st story of the 6 part arc.

Wait, what? :blush:

Episode I is the 4th movie made but if you go by the "internal story date" it is the first story. Episode I is movie #4. Episode IV is movie #1.

In "Narnia" "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" was the first book written but "The Magicians Nephew" was written as a "prequel" to pre-date all of the other stories.

Edited by VaBeachGuy

I got twisted around in my Star Wars #'s lol what I was intending to say was that Episode I is the 4th movie made but Episode IV is the 1st movie made. That's kind of how the books are. Book 6 is story 1 but Book 1 was the first one written.

Just to help out poor VaBeachGuy

In order in the series:

The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe

Prince Caspian

The Voyage Of The Dawn Treader

The Silver Chair

The Horse And His Boy

The Magician's Nephew

The Last Battle

In order of Narnia's timeline:

The Magician's Nephew

all but the last chapter or so of The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe

The Horse And His Boy

the last chapter or so of The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe

Prince Caspian

The Silver Chair

The Last Battle

Hope this helps.

Edited by youbroughtheryouRiker

Oh Yes can't wait for the movie version of "The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe" since I also recall watching as a child the animated version of the first book on PBS before the live Version I saw on PBS "(The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe-Silver Chair" )was thinking whether or not to buy the DVD version of the first tv movies based on the books before the big movie version comes out in December the Trailer looks awesome.

:blush: :angry: :laugh::tear:

I CANNOT WAIT for this movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

ME TOO!!! :blush: :angry:

I used to love 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe', I've been meaning to pick it up again and read it for the last few weeks. They're great childrens books and can be entertaining for adults as a second read.

I always liked the BBC productions as well, I have a friend who was one of the soldiers, or so he says.

I'm really looking forward to this as well. As a children's librarian, I'm hoping that the movie will introduce and, in some cases, reintroduce this series to a whole new generation of kids and older readers.

These stories, as mentioned by others, can be enjoyed at different levels, depending on what you bring to the story yourself. I hope the movie is as rich an experience as the books.

Can't wait to see it!

Just to help out poor VaBeachGuy

In order in the series:

The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe

Prince Caspian

The Silver Chair

The Horse And His Boy

The Magician's Nephew

The Last Battle

In order of Narnia's timeline:

The Magician's Nephew

all but the last chapter or so of The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe

The Horse And His Boy

the last chapter or so of The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe

Prince Caspian

The Silver Chair

The Last Battle

Hope this helps.

At the bookstore Saturday, we saw a set of new releases in the timeline order (our old set is in order of the series. Why the difference & which order would you recommend they be read in?

Btw, the movie was just ok, it didn't quite measure up to the epic adventure the previews implied imo.

At the bookstore Saturday, we saw a set of new releases in the timeline order (our old set is in order of the series. Why the difference & which order would you recommend they be read in?

Btw, the movie was just ok, it didn't quite measure up to the epic adventure the previews implied imo.

There's really no big difference, either way you read them you will get the full understanding of the story. It's like if someone has never watched Star Trek before and they want to watch every single episode ever made, should they start with Enterprise since it's the first series in the timeline or should they start with TOS since it was the first series ever made? Either way it doesn't really matter but some people prefer going in original order rather then a timeline that was devised kind of "after the fact". The same is true for Narnia.

I watched the movie tonight, very well done. I look forward to seeing the rest of the books made into movies. They should make a great series of movies, I just hope they get through all of them.

It would have been nice if they had kept strictly to the book and not added to the story but the little bit that they strayed didn't detract from the movie.

Oh Yes can't wait for the movie version of "The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe" since I also recall watching as a child the animated version of the first book on PBS before the live Version I saw on PBS "(The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe-Silver Chair" )was thinking whether or not to buy the DVD version of the first tv movies based on the books before the big movie version comes out in December the Trailer looks awesome.

I saw the movie version and it held up to the short animated film and the film series they showed on PBS many years ago but much better special effects the LOTR for this year assuming they make a sequel based on the other films from the books.

Aslan Rules in the Land of Narnia.

-------------------------------------------

B) B) :blink: B)

I'm hoping they can get through them without having to replace any of the cast members for getting too old or dying, or something like that. That'd be nice if they could do that.

One thing about these stories is that the cast will keep changing with the different books, the cast of this movie would only play in the next movie and then they would start adding new characters for the 3rd movie. By the time of the 4th movie the cast would be completely different. We wouldn't see the entire cast again until the 7th movie... if they get that far.

I'm hoping they can get through them without having to replace any of the cast members for getting too old or dying, or something like that. That'd be nice if they could do that.

One thing about these stories is that the cast will keep changing with the different books, the cast of this movie would only play in the next movie and then they would start adding new characters for the 3rd movie. By the time of the 4th movie the cast would be completely different. We wouldn't see the entire cast again until the 7th movie... if they get that far.

Exactly the problem. If Peter doesn't look the same, or only slightly aged by the time they get around to The Last Battle, I'll be disappointed.