Sign in to follow this  
TRexx

Shatner Passes Pet Rock as Kidney Stone on TV Live

On October 18th, William Shatner was rushed by ambulance from the set of BOSTON LEGAL to Little Company of Mary Hospital. While in a cold sweat and shaking with pain, the erstwhile sci-fi rocketman received the attention of a medic: "Can I have your autograph?"

Denny Crane!

Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa, hosts of the LIVE WITH REGIS AND KELLY morning talk show, listened in astonishment on Monday as Shatner recounted how it took just 30 seconds for a tabloid to get whiff of his 911 scramble. "I got in the ambulance and the siren goes off, and the producer tells me [later] that -- he saw me off, waved goodbye, went up to his office, the phone rang, and it was a tabloid."

Read the complete report at TrekWeb, which includes a link to screen captures and MP3 clip of Shatner's TV interview.

wskr5015.jpg

--------------

I've had 3 myself, nothing the size of what he's showing of course. I have a hard time believing that the thing he's holding was the stone though. I thought (though could easily be wrong) that if they (the stones) were too big they'd have to go in and do surgery or use ultra sound to break them up. Something that size passing through your kidney could do some major damage.

The last time I had one in 2000 I was in so much pain that I told the nurse to just go get me a gun lol. Just imagine being in that much pain and vomiting while a nurse tries to take blood but can't find the vein in your arm (and you have to try to stay as still as you can).

She poked me about 6 times before she finally had to go get the head nurse to do it. She had to take it from the top of my hand instead of the inside joint of your elbow. She said it was because I was so dehydrated but I think the first nurse was just incompetent lol