Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

For people outside of the USA Part 2

The last couple of weeks I posted several things that were patriotic for Americans and were sources of pride for us. What are some similar things for you?

For instance, in America we have the Pledge of Allegiance which I posted. Is there something similar in New Zealand, Germany, England or where ever you might be from?

I'm just curious to learn about the other cultures on the board.

That is a difficult question. The Germans are usually non-patriotic people. We have our national anthem and our flag but that is almost all.

The only day you can see German people on the streets carrying German flags and celebrating is when Germany wins an important soccer game :biggrin:

Mrs. Captain Picard

That is a difficult question. The Germans are usually non-patriotic people. We have our national anthem and our flag but that is almost all.

The only day you can see German people on the streets carrying German flags and celebrating  is when Germany wins an important soccer game  :naughty:

Mrs. Captain Picard

52542[/snapback]

That's pretty much like NZ is to except Rugby Union instead of Soccer.

I do believe that most kiwi's take pride in their unique heritage, history and the achievements of a small number of high profile New Zealander's (eg. Edmund Hillary, Ernest Rutherford) though.

For Canadians it is the "Oh Canada Song" as our National Anthem and the Canadian Flag and in a small way also the Beaver as our Symbol since it is on our Coins.

:D :o :naughty::wow:

For Canadians it is the "Oh Canada Song" as our National Anthem and the Canadian Flag and in a small way also  the Beaver as our Symbol since it is on our Coins.

:naughty:  :wow:  :D  :o

276090[/snapback]

I believe most Canadians are very patriotic but we don't show it in the same ways that Americans do. We are much more subdued.

As for celebrating in the streets, winning a big hockey game will do that for us. Have you ever noticed how "right" the Canadian flag attached to a hockey stick looks. lol

So, do any of you guys have your national flag tattooed on any part of your body (Appropriate parts that is. Arms, chest, shoulders for example)? Personally, I do, on my right pec. not that that surprises any of you guys, though.

So, do any of you guys have your national flag tattooed on any part of your body (Appropriate parts that is. Arms, chest, shoulders for example)? Personally, I do, on my right pec. not that that surprises any of you guys, though.

276215[/snapback]

Er...no i dont but i have "Made in england" tattooed on my arm and the english flag on my... :naughty::wow: forget that last bit :D ...but i am very proud to be a English man and i used to sing the national anthem at sporting events when i lived in england..ie soccer matches :D

"GOD SAVE THE QUEEN" :o

In Australia we have our national anthem, 'Advance Australia Fair', which we sing before ceremonies and sporting events etc. Some schools sing it on parade in the mornings. Many people regard 'Waltzing Matilda' as our 'unofficial national anthem'.

Our national government at the moment is reminding all schools to fly the flag every day. The flag is proudly flown at sporting events, memorial days/parades etc.

We do not have a pledge as such like America.

I think most Australians are quietly patriotic. We fly the flag, sing the anthem and are proud of our nation and its achievements.