Sign in to follow this  

Kinda slow at work..So, I'm surfing the net and I come accross this syndicated TV show..They are listing it as "Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda"..I've never heard of this show. Does anybody know anything about it?.Seems like it is a current program. It is on tomorrow at 5PM here in the Northeast..I'm going to check it out..

I think Gene Roddenberry came up with the concept, but it's being produced by Majel Barrett Roddenberry.

I've seen it a few times. It's ok, but not on the level of Star Trek, IMO.

I've watched it a few times - the plots are often very esoteric. I've read they were dumbing it down a bit to make it more accessible. I watched it here and there. but kind of got lost.

:clap::laugh:It's pretty good. The girls like it and so do I. It's the next best thing to Startrek, so we watch it. I just want more startrek. VOY, Is my thing. Oldest says I'm obessed with a VOY fever. :huh:

I've watched a couple of times it's not that bad, but I just can't seem to get into it like I can with most scifi.

I've been watching it since it first came on,it an ok show. Like Indy says,its not the same level as Star Trek but it is a good show for some fun entertainment. John de Lancie (Q) has been on a couple of times.

Watched Andromeda for the first time tonight..I agree that it is an OK Sci Fi show..Hard to judge the series from only 1 show..It started off jumping right in the middle of a space battle..That turned me off a little bit..But I watched the whole show and the story did get better.. I think I'll watch this show again..Certainly doesn't come anywhere near the quality of any of the Star Trek series but I think that I like it..Hard to tell after only 1 episode..

I watched Andromeda for about 6 episodes. There is just something missing with the program, and I couldn't put my finger on it. Maybe it's the characters, or the people that play the characters I have to say Kevin Sorbo has no charisma what so ever, he's like one of the woodentops. Maybe they just need to replace the captain and crew.

But I still like the Starship. Great Design!

I think they should swap Kevin Sorbo with Michael Pare '. Danti ' out of Starhunter, he has much more charisma and character. Also the dark woman ( forgot her name ) should replace ' Beka ' on the Andromeda. ' Tyr ' should stay. Also ' Percy ' out of Starhunter should fit in well with the crew of the Andromeda.Then it might have a chance.

Tyr is the only one that has anything going for him. Pity he isn't in Star Trek, he'd make a good Klingon. But then I wouldn't want them to change his appearance, he was perfect just as he is....dreadlocks and all.

Frankly: Andromeda sucks. It was good for several episodes... then it went downhill fast and now it's run by a bunch of rabid monkeys.

i enjoy the show very much, but alas it comes on saturday night at 1:00 am so if im not out, im probably about to go to sleep, so i dont get to watch it often, but its an excellent sci-fi show for entertainment values. the bit about gene rodenberry, it was originally genes idea, but never got to air, majel got at it, and released it. i remember one of the things said was that its a good thing it didnt come out when he wrote it because the special affects then would've probably killed it, it took todays technology to bring it to life. so to wrap it up, its good but not the greatest ever. but good, is good after all right.