Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Clever little Rat

where it was eventually captured in a trap baited with penguin meat several weeks later.

Killing a penguin to catch a rat? Most illogical :)

Don't underestimate rats. They're highly intelligent. I used to have a albino rat as a pet. Her name was Pestilence. It took less than a day for her to be trained. I always carried her on my shoulder, so I trained her not to relieve herself unless I put her down. Also, I could leave her outside with my sweatshirt, and she'd know to stay, even if I left her overnight. She'd never leave. Rats are smart little critters.

One of my neighbors is a sweet old lady named Elsie. She unfortunately is a terrible housekeeper (her house is filthy, her dogs live indoors, trash everywhere...) and as a result she has rats.

My cats go into her backyard at night and pick off huge rats all the time.

One time my sister's cat Willy ran into our house with a rat nearly as big as she was clamped between her teeth and it was still alive. I had to grab a hammer and kill it.....messy. :)

I've offered to clean Elsie's house, but she get's angry if anyone suggests her house (which smells BAD) is unclean. :blush:

I feel bad for her.

I hate rats but I love hamsters. I had 3 hamsters: Fudgie, Chester and Phi- Phi. (pronounced Fee Fee). Phi Phi had a twin brother called Me Me who was owned by my brother Dane. They were both Chinese Dwarfs and I could take them anywhere with me. They were ace climbers and I built a huge climbing frame for them. Sadly, they both died.

Rats are smelly, they spread germs and are unbelievably ugly.

Rats are smelly, they spread germs and are unbelievably ugly.

359803[/snapback]

:) My rat never smelled bad, she didn't have germs to spread (depsite being named Pestilence), and she wasn't just not ugly, she was adorable!

I personally don't like rats. I have scared by them since I was a small child. The only movie to give me nightmares about rats was the Nutcraker. :) The three headed Rat King scared me for days.

Rats like all animal if kept clean doesn't small or speard germs. Just be very aware of their ticks. They will spead germs around. The rats that I like are the white ones, but they are used as pets and for research. I wouldn't to have one, but I can understand why someone would want one. They don't eat that much I believe.

I really don't think rats are dump, because they would make poor research animals if they where to bright.

I personally don't like rats.  I have scared by them since I was a small child.  The only movie to give me nightmares about rats was the Nutcraker.  :blush:  The three headed Rat King scared me for days.

Rats like all animal if kept clean doesn't small or speard germs.  Just be very aware of their ticks.  They will spead germs around.  The rats that I like are the white ones, but they are used as pets and for research.  I wouldn't to have one, but I can understand why someone would want one.  They don't eat that much I believe.

I really don't think rats are dump, because they would make poor research animals if they where to bright.

359837[/snapback]

I can understand that, the Nutcracker could switch the Rat King with any animal and make it scary. :)

Even ticks aren't that much of a worry. I would let my rat (Pestilence) play with my friend's rat (Mr. Bogangles), and if they had a tick or a flea they'd pick them off of each other.