Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gary Phaserman

Getting Promoted!

Life looks good right now for me, as far as being in the Pizza Industry goes. After being an Assistant Store Manager (ASM) for a Domino's Pizza store since I was 17, I am finally getting the promotion I've worked so hard for. I have some qualifications to finish up, but within the next two months I am moving on up to General Manager of my store! the nice thing about being a GM is that it puts me in possition to potentially become a franchisee. Plus, it's a payraise of over $450 a month, which also helps.

:lol:

Way to go. Dominos is a tough business. I know you must put in a lot of hours.

Congrats, Gary!!! B)

Working in the food industry the last year and a half.. I can definately say that it is a tough line of work. No matter what other people have ever said about it. And I used to be a coach for five years prior to the switch (teaching 1 1/2 to 16 year olds ain't no walk in the park... and neither is resteraunts or fast food!)

So once again, WAY TO GO GARY!!!! :yawn: :lol:

:lol:

Way to go. Dominos is a tough business. I know you must put in a lot of hours.

359105[/snapback]

I usually put in between 45 and 50 a week. for a Solo GM (Some stores have Co-GMs) the workload increases to 55 hours. Being an ASM working 45-50 hours is nice because I make hourly, so I get usually get between 5-10 hours a week of overtime. But, as a GM, I am salaried, so I make the same if I work 5 hours or 55 hours.

And thanks to all of you. It takes some work, and some studying, to be "Store Ready" as they say. I had to read THREE training Books (Book 1: Team Member Training, Book 2: Assistant Manager Training and Book 3: General Manager Training) I still have to work on getting qualified to do a week-ending close, I have to learn how to use the computer system's scheduler, and do all the neccissary paperwork, but I have a feeling I'll catch on fast.

Good luck with it. I put in 15 years in the food business before I decided to reclaim my sanity..... :lol: