Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Board News

I'm sorry to have to report that I have had to ban a member. It wasn't a member that was a regular poster to the boards, it is the user named Federation. In the past this user has started trouble on other forums and accused me and some of our members of wrongdoing that simply was not true.

I let all of that slid though, but today he sent me an inflamatory PM that crossed the line.

I make this announcement only because this is an open forum and there are no secrets. If anyone believes that this banning is unjust I will supply you with the reasons for this action.

I wish "Federation" well in his life.

I'm sorry to have to report that I have had to ban a member. It wasn't a member that was a regular poster to the boards, it is the user named Federation. In the past this user has started trouble on other forums and accused me and some of our members of wrongdoing that simply was not true.

I let all of that slid though, but today he sent me an inflamatory PM that crossed the line.

I make this announcement only because this is an open forum and there are no secrets. If anyone believes that this banning is unjust I will supply you with the reasons for this action.

I wish "Federation" well in his life.

You get these sort of people on all boards, you did right to ban him. :biggrin:

You have to do what you did to keep this site clean. if it is that bad that it made you kick them off then so be it. I'm behind you all the way. :biggrin: VBG. Keep it clean and free from dirt. :grin:

You did the right thing VBG.

I agree. This forum does not need people who only want to cause trouble.

You gotta do what you gotta do bossman. I think I have an inkling of why he was banned. I read the post he put up on the Trek BBS-complete bullhockey!!

You gotta do what you gotta do bossman.  I think I have an inkling of why he was banned.  I read the post he put up on the Trek BBS-complete bullhockey!!

If TrekBBS was all there was to it I would ignore him, but he PMd me with threats and on another message board even challanged me to a physical fight lol.

good work vbg. i saw some of his stuff a trek-bbs and i can tell he's not the kind of guy to have on this site. you did well. :biggrin:

If TrekBBS was all there was to it I would ignore him, but he PMd me with threats and on another message board even challanged me to a physical fight lol.

What a moron! Sounds like he would be happier hanging around with the rest of the retarded kiddies at st.com!

I don't mind having people with different views, in fact I think it's a good thing to have opposing views come together. That's how you get different opinions, what fun would it be if we all come on here and just agreed with eachother all the time? I draw the line at threats though.

Don't need a trouble maker like that on this board..You did the right thing..

I'm sure you did the right thing

And mostly, I think we all trust your jugement in this :biggrin:

I had a discussion via PM with VBG regarding this very subject. He even sent me a copy of the PM "Federation" had sent to him. Judging from what "Federation" said in this PM, this guy's got some real issues. I thought I knew who this guy was, and VBG confirmed it during our conversation. Some of you might have seen some of the posts he leaves at st.com. He posts there under the name "gabe_logan." He's got a beef with VBG because he blames VBG and the rest of us for the failure of his own website. Mr Logan states in the PM he sent VBG that the reason he had to take down his website is because VBG was "spreading lies about him" and that we, the posters at startrekfans.net, went to Mr Logan's website and spammed it!!! What a crock!!

Stardate:213526.5

OMG it was Gabe Logan!!!!!!!I was a member of his board,the United Federation of Planets I belive it was called,before I came here.As a matter of fact it was Bevfank's post at that board that brought me here.

A few weeks after I joined this board he sent me an email calling me a traitor and what not.I went back to his board and found it was shut down.How sad,I think he is jealous of you VBG.

Anyways we are all behind you in your decision.You were alot more generous to him then I would of been

Stardate:213526.5

OMG it was Gabe Logan!!!!!!!I was a member of his board,the United Federation of Planets I belive it was called,before I came here.As a matter of fact it was Bevfank's post at that board that brought me here.

A few weeks after I joined this board he sent me an email calling me a traitor and what not.I went back to his board and found it was shut down.How sad,I think he is jealous of you VBG.

Anyways we are all behind you in your decision.You were alot more generous to him then I would of been

I think that was the whole story. He and I had a lot of the same members. As this site began to expand and upgrade I think fewer and fewer people logged onto his board and he resented that. When he moved to the InvisionFree board I offered to help him skin it and told him I'd do what I could to help when or if he needed/wanted it. But he opted to take the path he is on now. He actually PMd me about 2 or 3 weeks before he shut down and asked to be a Co-Admin here. I have a feeling he didn't like it when I said no. I explained to him that it wouldn't be fair to the members here that wanted to become Mods if I just made him a "Co-Admin". Then a few weeks later someone brought it to my attention that someone was attacking us on a couple of other forums. It turned out to be Gabe.

Oh well, life happens I guess.

I had a discussion via PM with VBG regarding this very subject.  He even sent me a copy of the PM "Federation" had sent to him.  Judging from what "Federation" said in this PM, this guy's got some real issues.  I thought I knew who this guy was, and VBG confirmed it during our conversation.  Some of you might have seen some of the posts he leaves at st.com.  He posts there under the name "gabe_logan."  He's got a beef with VBG because he blames VBG and the rest of us for the failure of his own website.  Mr Logan states in the PM he sent VBG that the reason he had to take down his website is because VBG was "spreading lies about him" and that we, the posters at startrekfans.net, went to Mr Logan's website and spammed it!!!  What a crock!!

yes ive seen the pm as well.

it was totally out of line. i think the worse posts are at trek bbs. there are two, count them TWO threads there about startrekfans where he slams us and vbg in particular. im glad alot of stfans members stood up for vbg.

you all rock. :biggrin:

One of the nice things about this site is that it's clean, safe, and we all feel that we can discuss topics without any ugliness surrounding our discussions. Thank you for making this possible. So if banning him was necessary to keep the great reputation of this site............SO BE IT!!!!!! :grin: :biggrin: