Sign in to follow this  
SpaceHippie

Just a thought

Do you think "Enterprise" is a more serious show than TOS? Too serious to have White rabbits, Giant Brained aliens or child-like god beings? Sometimes "Enterprise" seems like I'm not even watching a trek show at all.

I think a humorous episode every now and then would be good. I thought Acquisition was amusing, though. :biggrin:

Shore Leave is one of my all time favorite episodes from TOS. Enterprise has had a couple of humorous episodes.Someone already mentioned "Acquisition" and I thought "A Night in Sickbay" was pretty funny too.

I think it would be funny if an alien (obviously conducting an experiment) caused the Enterprise crew to switch personalities. T'pol would be acting like Archer, Phlox would switch with porthos (a Begale with a huge smile), Trip and Reed could switch and Malcom and Hoshi would switch.

Yes! I agree! Bring on the Tribbles! They rock! Imagine Archer sitting down on the Command Chair a Tribble on his shoulder... I love Tribbles :grin: (and white rabbits :biggrin: )

Mrs. Captain Picard

They already had a Tribble on Enterprise. Dr.Phlox fed it to one of his pets after Hoshi was petting it,she looked a little sick after the good Doctor's pet gulped it down!

They already had a Tribble on Enterprise. Dr.Phlox fed it to one of his pets after Hoshi was petting it,she looked a little sick after the good Doctor's pet gulped it down!

I vaguely remember that episode.

Yes, it would be nice if Enterprise had more humor like TOS did.

As for the White Rabbit. It was a Giant White Rabbit, who was late for a very important date. Dr. McCoy had a score to settle with that Rabbit, since he was the one who saw it because he was thinking of Alice and Wonderland. I almost forgot about Shore Leave. That was probably funnier than The Trouble With Tribbles.

I agree you have to have the occasional episode that you can laugh at, I think they should do an episode where they run into tribbles or something like that it would be great fun.

I think it would be funny if an alien (obviously conducting an experiment) caused the Enterprise crew to switch personalities. T'pol would be acting like Archer, Phlox would switch with porthos (a Begale with a huge smile), Trip and Reed could switch and Malcom and Hoshi would switch.

Been done.

Farscape, season two

Although it was a humorous episode, it would be nice for the ENT writers to create some original stories, and not "borrow" from other shows and movies.

I'm all for humorous episodes. I loved Acquisitions and Trouble with Tribbles to name two.

Click for Spoiler:

"Out of Their Minds" - FARSCAPE, season two

PILOT: The first thing Moya realized was that she was being attacked. The crew decided that the only way to protect ourselves from our assailants was to engage the defense screen we recovered from the Zelbinion (see "PK Tech Girl"), so they did. The enemy continued to fire, their energy beams now hitting the defense screen.

And the next moment I remember, I was coming back to consciousness...in Chiana's body. The sensation was very strange. I do not know how Chiana and the others are able to maneuver with seemingly so little effort in these clumsy forms; I was unable to even get the Nebari girl's legs to respond.

But the most painful part of the whole experience was the fact that I was severed from Moya. Hearing Moya in my head, and feeling her in my body, is as natural as hearing my own thoughts. Without her, I felt very empty. I believe Moya felt my absence, as well, because D'Argo, who had found his consciousness in my body, was quickly overwhelmed and terrified by the impulses and fear Moya was expressing to him. Meanwhile, Chiana's consciousness had inhabited D'Argo's body, and the young girl did not know what to do. None of us did.

We were not sure how this body-switching had occurred, but the fact that D'Argo, Chiana and I were in the same room when the enemy ship fired on us seems to be part of it. Because, elsewhere on Moya, Crichton, Aeryn and Rygel found their consciousnesses in the wrong bodies, as well. (Crichton had some interesting comments on the matter.)

Zhaan was being held prisoner aboard the enemy ship and therefore was not affected by the body-switching. There, she learned that the aliens, a warlike species known as Halosians, had fired on Moya in retaliation for an attack they had suffered. Shortly before encountering us, they had been fired upon by another Leviathan: Talyn.

The thought was terrifying. If Crais were using Talyn as an offensive weapon, what might his ultimate plans for the child Leviathan be? Though Moya tries to conceal her fear from me, I know she worries often about her son, and I knew that this news would be extremely painful for her to hear. It was almost unbearable to be severed from her and to be unable to share her pain and her terror. And I would have been much comforted to have her share mine.

However, our only hope of survival depended on Zhaan's ability to convince the aliens that Moya, unlike Talyn, had no weapons and posed no threat to them. If she were able to succeed in calling off the attack, then, with luck, we might be able to focus on getting back inside our own bodies — before the separation between Moya and myself killed one of us ... or both of us.