Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

Do you do anything for Halloween

Me and my G/f Alana, will attend at least one party and haunted houses, plus Phantom Fright Nights at Kennywood Park, and we decorated my house,does anybody else have any big plans for Hallowee Season

Oh, I dunno... Maybe hunt people down and kill them for their life blood, you know, the adult equivilent of trick or treating. Except instead of candy, you simply collect different blood types...

Seriously, this year, we can wear costumes to work during Halloween. I'm wearing my First Contact uniform.

I love Halloween, but we don't do anything. I don't live in the city or the Burbs. I live in a rural area where there aren't many people around, at least not enough kids to have Trick or Treating. Not to mention I live WAAAAAAY on top of a hill in the forest so none even knows there is a house up here except neighbors and friends

I think that Halloween is a dying holliday and rightfully so. In this day and age, opening your door to a complete stranger is really dangerous. I used to enjoy the trick or treaters coming to the house. In recent years, though, I have noticed that I'm getting more and more teenagers coming to the door (Mostly with NO costume!) and less little kids. So now I just turn off the lights and don't answer the door anymore.

Well I don't think it's a dying holiday, because the retailers know that Halloween decorations are closing in on Christmas decorations here in the states.

I live on a street that was mostly seniors when I moved in, and now that they are heading to warmer climates or passing away, younger families are moving in.

It's definitely busier on Halloween now, but in our town trick or treating begins at 4pm, which means alot of people who work don't get to see the littles if they go out early.

I generally turn off the porch light about 7 pm, because that's when the kids who just want the candy and put no effort into their costume come about.

No, I do not do anything. I do not get trick or treaters anymore because our complex

has a foyer, so that my front door is not accessible to the public.

My church has what it calls a Hallelelujah party where fun is present (this year they are going roller skating) but no constumes are allowed, but I do not go to that either.

Edited by mj

For the first time in over 20 years we won't be going T or Ting this halloween, Jems outgrown that so instead we spent nearly $500 on decorations for our 1st annual Haunted Walkway here at the apts.

Adjoining neighbors have thrown their hat in as well agreeing to add what they can to spook it up, it is shaping up to become the best show on the block.

For the first time in over 20 years we won't be going T or Ting this halloween, Jems outgrown that so instead we spent nearly $500 on decorations for our 1st annual Haunted Walkway here at the apts.

Adjoining neighbors have thrown their hat in as well agreeing to add what they can to spook it up, it is shaping up to become the best show on the block.

358021[/snapback]

I hope you can post a picture of that!

i decorate my yard up and dress up to hand out candy.i do sometimes go to college dressed up with a funny hat or something. one year i went in my voyager uniform. i add a few new decorations each year. i don't get invited to any parties and i'm not one to go to a bar. so trick or treating is over i pop some popcorn and watch my ghostbuster dvd's.

tm

Gary and Jim bought their costumes today...I'd have thought that brothers having matching costumes was behind them, but nope, not this year. They are going as Gynocologists, and bought labcoats with embroadered Names. Gary will be "Howie Feltersnatch" and Jim will be "Seymor Bush"

the last thing I ever did for halloween was take my little brother to the mall for trick or treating back in 2001. You know how some malls have trick or treating, that's what we did.

So he wouldn't be embarrassed, I wore a costume as well, but it turns out I wasn't the only adult wearing a costume. He was the Grim Reaper and I was dressed as Alice Cooper. I have long black hair. All I had to do was wear all black, paint my eyes and lips and I even had a huge balloon snake that I wrapped around myself. I could tell that some people knew who I was trying to be, I was waiting by the restrooms and a college girl using the phone told me I had a nice costume, so I was complimented.

The funniest part of the day is that right after that, we went to China Star, a local China buffet. I still had the face paint on and all of the Asian workers there brought everyone from the back of the restaurant to where I was just to get a look at me. I thought it was hilarious! They would smile everytime they saw me, no telling what they thought, but I enjoyed it. B)

I usually do something for Halloween, though I never know what until the very last minute. Last year I just went to a concert. The year before that I was a Ralph's CEO. (The joke in that was that Ralph's supermarket workers in Southern California, as well as worker for several other supermarkets, were on strike. I was the CEO who tried to cross the picket lines and got beat to death for it.)

It's both a religious and a spooky holiday for me. We decorate with skeleton lights, scary candleholders with "bleeding" candles, and whatever weird stuff we can find. I always take a few minutes on Halloween day to burn incense and meditate, then later we watch horror movies. We sometimes go out in costume, but we don't hand out candy because there aren't any kids in our mobile home park.

Actually, I am on my way to chain myself to the sewing machine for the day -while I make costumes for some children. There are four of them and they're doing the Wizard of Oz (thankfully they're buying the lion costume)

They still have trick or treat in my town but I never have anyone come by. I have a relative who lives in a "nice" neighborhood and people drive from all over the county to bring their kids there - I've even seen police officers at the entrance to the subdivision because of all the crowds.

There is group that holds a a Halloween event at a local state park and the proceeds go to charity. Some churches have Halloween parties - others use the terms fall festivals to disassociate from Halloween. They have "trunk or treating" in my church parking lot - where people decorate the trunk of their car and have games (like go fish) and pass out candy - they have pony rides and a cake walk etc. The kids get the trick or treating experience without the inherent dangers.

There is a large group of people who believe Halloween is Satanic and many churches refuse to do anything remotely related to Halloween - which makes it almost a controversial topic - which is also odd because I don't remember ever hearing anything like that until a few years ago. (just so some of you know I did have a "spirited" debate about the difference between Pagan and Satanic - I have since realized such discussions are pointless :P and I just don't bring it up.

I am so old that I still remember getting homemade candied apples and rice crispy treats in my trick or treat bag as a child - and nobody had second thoughts about eating them. Sometimes I miss the good old days (eeek, I'm turning into my mother)

I found some of the pieces for my costume, but I don't know if it's going to work how I planned. Trying to go as some sort of dark, fallen angel. The wings I bought aren't what I had in mind, but I didn't have time to make the myself. Next year, I might try again and do that. Now I just need to find the actual outfit to go with it. :-)

I don't know what we'll be doing, but I'm sure we'll be going out somewhere... I hope we are with the money I'm spending... lol

Actually, I am on my way to chain myself to the sewing machine for the day -while I make costumes for some children.  There are four of them and they're doing the Wizard of Oz (thankfully they're buying the lion costume)

They still have trick or treat in my town but I never have anyone come by.  I have a relative who lives in a "nice" neighborhood and people drive from all over the county to bring their kids there - I've even seen police officers at the entrance to the subdivision because of all the crowds.

There is group that holds a a Halloween event at a local state park and the proceeds go to charity.  Some churches have Halloween parties - others use the terms fall festivals to disassociate from Halloween.  They have "trunk or treating" in my church parking lot - where people decorate the trunk of their car and have games (like go fish) and pass out candy - they have pony rides and a cake walk etc.  The kids get the trick or treating experience without the inherent dangers.

There is a large group of people who believe Halloween is Satanic and many churches refuse to do anything remotely related to Halloween - which makes it almost a controversial topic - which is also odd because I don't remember ever hearing anything like that until a few years ago. (just so some of you know I did have a "spirited" debate about the difference between Pagan and Satanic - I have since realized such discussions are pointless  :P and I just don't bring it up.

I am so old that I still remember getting homemade candied apples and rice crispy treats in my trick or treat bag as a child - and nobody had second thoughts about eating them.  Sometimes I miss the good old days (eeek, I'm turning into my mother)

358351[/snapback]

What ever happened to those "Good Ol' Days", TUH? And why is it that as we get older, we start sounding like our mothers? Maybe for me it's the kids...

Now, Gary and I pick through the kids' candy and make sure nothing's been tampered with. I remember my parents doing it with a toothy smile...and then I'd be missing some of the candy I got...Sneaky parents...

Of course I will do the one thing that will scare you all

Click For Spoiler
Work, lol. Then come home think about going out scaring people, relise I cant be bothered and just go on the computer

Just sitting in my rocking chair gumming the kids candy. TUH has me feeling old with her saying how old she has become, I believe I am older than her. :rockon:

your only as old as you feell

Lately 107 for me

This past Sunday I went to a Haunted house with Alana, it was fun, in an old Movie Theater

I'll be taking my daughter out. We just go up and down our block because she doesn't like candy. She just likes getting dressed up and visiting people's houses. LOL

somebody edited this to the Proper case, it takes away from the Haunted Halloween Effect i wanted :P

Oh well Friday is Kennywood's Phantom Fright nights, Haunted Roller Coasters here I come!

Click For Spoiler

I hope you can post a picture of that!

358062[/snapback]

Here's a preview. We started putting it together this past weekend, nothing which uses electricity (2 fog machines, 3 black lights, 3 strobe lights, 2 string lights) are up yet but here's the Gruesome Greeter temporarily set up for this pic along with doorway and window decorations so far. (a hugh bat hangs behind the Jack curtain which is right above where the treat table will be positioned)

halloween1.jpg

Turning around facing down the walkway you see what Jem and some neighbor kids started doing to the walkway (webs and ghosts) A flying grim reaper will be strung from the far tall tree center back to the stair railing visible in both pics.

4.jpg

Rain sogged out the webbing so repairs are needed and MANY little extras (Evil Dead dioramas, headstones, rats, spooky signs, dismembered body parts, dozens of candles & a remote controlled device which is placed among bushes; makes different scary sounds at the push of a button) still need application as well but we'll wait till the last day for those. I'll post more when completed...