Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

"Rednecks"

What do you guys think of those we call "rednecks"? According to Jeff Foxworthy, i would be a redneck because i fit a lot of the stuff he says when he says "You might be a redneck if/when..." I don't mind "rednecks", as i am one myself! :lol: What are you guys opinions?

Rednecks In Canada?? Ya Learn Something New Everyday. :lol:

Down In Here In Mississipi, You'll Find Them Everywhere. And Boy Do They Love To Have Fun....lol

Though Sometimes Rednecks Are Too Generalised. It's Not All About Horse Riding, Hunting And Getting Hammered At Bars,lol

I'm Not Quite A Redneck, But I'm Still A Could Country Boy...More Or Less,lol

I think Rednecks get a bum deal, everyone thinks that they are racist hicks who do nothing but sit around and burn crosses and sing "Dixie" all day. being a "Redneck" is something you shouldn't be ashamed of, or be looked down upon for. Gretchen Wilson is proud to be a Redneck Woman, and by god, she should be! Jeff Foxworthy was quoted earlier, but for those of you Rednecks out there, I want you to know, Keep that neck of yours' red and, if I may quote one of Jeff's buddies, Larry the Cable Guy, "GIT-R-DONE!" That's right!

By the way, being a "Redneck" ain't restricted to whitefolk. There are african american rednecks, too. Some, though, such as Country Rapper ("Hick Hop") Cowboy Troy prefere the term "Blackneck"

I think Rednecks get a bum deal, everyone thinks that they are racist hicks who do nothing but sit around and burn crosses and sing "Dixie" all day.

356486[/snapback]

Until Jeff Foxworthy, I think for a lot of people the term 'redneck' was synonomous with racist.

Since Jeff Foxworthy the term has been broadened to represent an aspect of southern culture. I believe he is largely the reason the usage of the term changed from just meaning something negative.

I think alot of people still apply the term to Country Music Fans. and we don't complain. the terms "Hick", "Hillbilly" and "Redneck" are embraced by country music fans the way terms like Trekkie and Trekker are embraced by Star Trek Fans.

And Jim, Where'd you put my Gretchen Wilson CD?

The funniest thing I ever heard concerning rednecks is something along the lines of "If you throw you beer cans into the middle of the road when you're driving, you're a redneck. But if you throw the cans to the side of the road for the homeless folk to come and collect, you're a good ol' boy."

My favorit line is, "If you think 'NSYNC is where your dishes are... you might be a redneck!"

356597[/snapback]

If he has any sense, he ran it through a shredder, burned the strips, washed the ashes down the sink, then scrubbed out the sink thoroughly.

:lol: :( :(

I can't believe I'm repeating this but I heard it on the radio this morning.

How do you know if a redneck has girlfriend?

Click For Spoiler
Tobacco stains on both sides of the truck

Redneck is just like any other stereotyping term - well not just like - there seem to be some stereotypes and judging that are deemed acceptable by the PC police.

I think alot of people still apply the term to Country Music Fans. and we don't complain. the terms "Hick", "Hillbilly" and "Redneck" are embraced by country music fans the way terms like Trekkie and Trekker are embraced by Star Trek Fans.

356597[/snapback]

It's in the CD player of your husband's truck, Kris. as I recall, it's right where YOU left it...

Speaking of songs containing the terms redneck, 1. Read my signature, 2. John Rich actually wrote a song for a new artist named Jason Aldeen called "Hicktown" (Great Song). 3. if I recall, the music video for "Redneck Yacht Club" was filmed not in Mississippi or Kentucky or Tenessee, but in WISCONSIN! and 4. Anyone heard Brooks and Dunn's song "Hillbilly Deluxe"? or Hot Apple Pie's "Hillbillies"? Great songs both.

What do you guys think of those we call "rednecks"? According to Jeff Foxworthy, i would be a redneck because i fit a lot of the stuff he says when he says "You might be a redneck if/when..." I don't mind "rednecks", as i am one myself! :( What are you guys opinions?

356405[/snapback]

Rednecks are anyone who is white, Christian, and racist/homophobic. That pretty much encompasses the whole of the South and a fair bite of the North. :)

I think Rednecks get a bum deal, everyone thinks that they are racist hicks who do nothing but sit around and burn crosses and sing "Dixie" all day. being a "Redneck" is something you shouldn't be ashamed of, or be looked down upon for.

356486[/snapback]

Yes it is. You should be ashamed and you should be looked down upon if you think being a "Redneck" is the least bit cool...because it isn't.

What do you guys think of those we call "rednecks"? According to Jeff Foxworthy, i would be a redneck because i fit a lot of the stuff he says when he says "You might be a redneck if/when..." I don't mind "rednecks", as i am one myself! :( What are you guys opinions?

356405[/snapback]

Rednecks are anyone who is white, Christian, and racist/homophobic. That pretty much encompasses the whole of the South and a fair bite of the North. :)

356958[/snapback]

Not entirely true. I've come across several rednecks who do not call themselves Christians. They're white, they're racist and homophobic, and they fit into Jeff Foxworthy's jokes quite well many times. They're not Christian, however.

356405[/snapback]

356958[/snapback]

I live in the South and I know for a fact not everyone in the South is racist, nor are they what I define as redneck (a definition upon which not everyone agrees). Nor, from my experience is everyone anti/gay-rights - not to say prejudice doesn't exist. However, I also spent some time living in the West and as one person pointed out to me while I was there - there are racial prejudices there as well - just aimed at different races and I'm sure the same can be said for all regions of the country.

Rednecks in my observation are usually less educated, not big on the Emily Post book of etiquette, and they like hunting, dogs, beer, trucks, country music, beer, NASCAR, beer, cowboy boots, and wrestling and any kind of vehicle that makes a lot of noise. I know for a fact such people exist outside of the South.

We been talking about rednecks for a while and I just wanted to know if anyone has some good redneck jokes. I have some, but you have to live in my county to get them. It's Kitsap County, Washington(just west of Seattle) and many people want to put in a NASCAR track.

2 entries found for redneck.

red·neck Audio pronunciation of "redneck" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rdnk)

n. Offensive Slang

1. Used as a disparaging term for a member of the white rural laboring class, especially in the southern United States.

2. A white person regarded as having a provincial, conservative, often bigoted attitude.

redneck

n : a poor white person in the southern United States [syn: cracker]

Rednecks are anyone who is white, Christian, and racist/homophobic.  That pretty much encompasses the whole of the South and a fair bite of the North. :(

356958[/snapback]

Well, I'm white, I don't believe in religion, but I do hate those damn cardassians!

What do you guys think of those we call "rednecks"? According to Jeff Foxworthy, i would be a redneck because i fit a lot of the stuff he says when he says "You might be a redneck if/when..." I don't mind "rednecks", as i am one myself! <_< What are you guys opinions?

356405[/snapback]

Rednecks are anyone who is white, Christian, and racist/homophobic. That pretty much encompasses the whole of the South and a fair bite of the North. :dude:

356958[/snapback]

Wow, Validus, I'm really starting to measure how open your mind is in milimeters...

I think Rednecks get a bum deal, everyone thinks that they are racist hicks who do nothing but sit around and burn crosses and sing "Dixie" all day. being a "Redneck" is something you shouldn't be ashamed of, or be looked down upon for.

356486[/snapback]

Yes it is. You should be ashamed and you should be looked down upon if you think being a "Redneck" is the least bit cool...because it isn't.

356960[/snapback]

that's YOUR opinion, Validus, and please, read above for what I think about you're opinions...

What do you guys think of those we call "rednecks"? According to Jeff Foxworthy, i would be a redneck because i fit a lot of the stuff he says when he says "You might be a redneck if/when..." I don't mind "rednecks", as i am one myself! :veryangry: What are you guys opinions?

356405[/snapback]

Rednecks are anyone who is white, Christian, and racist/homophobic. That pretty much encompasses the whole of the South and a fair bite of the North. :wow:

356958[/snapback]

I live in the South and I know for a fact not everyone in the South is racist, nor are they what I define as redneck (a definition upon which not everyone agrees). Nor, from my experience is everyone anti/gay-rights - not to say prejudice doesn't exist. However, I also spent some time living in the West and as one person pointed out to me while I was there - there are racial prejudices there as well - just aimed at different races and I'm sure the same can be said for all regions of the country.

Rednecks in my observation are usually less educated, not big on the Emily Post book of etiquette, and they like hunting, dogs, beer, trucks, country music, beer, NASCAR, beer, cowboy boots, and wrestling and any kind of vehicle that makes a lot of noise. I know for a fact such people exist outside of the South.

356972[/snapback]

Hmm...Check my avatar...I have a black cowboy hat, I'm drinking some MGD, I own TWO hunting rifles and am planning a trip up north when hunting season comes...Not a big wrestling fan...oh, and I LOVE me some country music.

YEEE_HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Not a big wrestling fan...

Well, Other People Besides Rednecks Are Wrestling Fans. <_<

I Know Of One Wrestling Fan Who Is A ROYAL Pain In The "Redneck" :veryangry:

:dude:

I've always considered the term "Redneck" to be somewhat of a racial slur. Some people use it as a term of endearment to describe themselves or their family and friends but in most cases when someone uses the term to describe someone that they don't know it's used in a derogatory way and is in general used to depict an "ignorant, southern racist".

As far as slurs go I rank it up there with the "N word".

Well, The People Of The South Have Come To Adopt It For Themselves.  :veryangry:

357499[/snapback]

That's true, but if you listen to Rap music you hear the "N Word" a lot also but that doesn't mean the term is any less offensive.

Well, The People Of The South Have Come To Adopt It For Themselves.  :veryangry:

357499[/snapback]

Speak for yourself young man. Not all the people of the South identify with the term.

And those that do use the term most often mean it in the "good ole boy" connotation - not the ignorant racist connotation.

I Was Just Genralising, Obviously. I Don't Really Consider Myself To Be A Redneck.

Ok, To Be More Specific...The Kind That Live The What's Known As The Modern Redneck Life Style. Plenty Of My Friends Fall Into The General Life Stlye.

Give A "Cracker" A Break. :veryangry:

Edited by Sam The Smuggler

I just saw the funniest redneck bumber sticker...

"My mom is student of the month at Robert E. Lee Elementary School."

:veryangry:

Come hunting up here Jim! B) Elk are open (i believe) and there r lots!

357421[/snapback]

He'd have to get a Canadian Hunting License to do that. And I don't know how favorably Customs would look upon a large white guy wearing a Black Cowboy hat driving a large truck and hauling a couple of Rifles...

I've always considered the term "Redneck" to be somewhat of a racial slur. Some people use it as a term of endearment to describe themselves or their family and friends but in most cases when someone uses the term to describe someone that they don't know it's used in a derogatory way and is in general used to depict an "ignorant, southern racist".

As far as slurs go I rank it up there with the "N word".

357492[/snapback]

Good post, VBG. If someone called me a redneck because I listen to Country Music, and (Yes, I do do this) watch NASCAR and drink beer with the boys, I might understand it. But if someone calls me a redneck and means that I'm just an ignorant racist...well, there's gonna be some trouble...