Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Don Adams dies

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Don Adams, the wry-voiced comedian whose best known role was as the fumbling secret agent Maxwell Smart in the 1960s television spoof of James Bond movies, "Get Smart," has died. He was 82.

Adams died of a lung infection late Sunday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, his friend and former agent Bruce Tufeld said Monday, adding the actor broke his hip a year ago and had been in ill health since.

8303.jpg

Incredibly sad news. :)

Agent 86 and Tennesse Tuxedo were great characters I loved as a kid and still do.

This rightly deserves the Betelgeusian death anthem...

Zaglabor astragard!

Hootrimansion bambriar!

Very sad news. His work always made me laugh. I watched every Get Smart (and loving it!) Where is my Cone of Silence? Would you believe ... two, chief?

Tennessee Tuxedo was also very entertaining.

Sorry to hear he'd been having health problems. Now he is at peace.

that is so sad. i didn't realize he was in his 80's. he looked good for his age last time i saw him on tv. i loved get smart. i watched it with my parents all the time when i was younger. also remember his voice from the inspector gadget cartoon. also loved him as principal prickley on pepperanne.

rest in peace don adams.

tm

Edited by stvoyagerfan21

I grew up watching Inspector Gadget in the 80's, that's where I've known him from, besides Get Smart. He will be missed a lot, especially by me since Inspector Gadget was my favortie cartoon growing up in the early 80's