Sign in to follow this  
Wishfire

Have you ever been or are you now

Ever been in a band? Are you in one now? What did/does your band sound like? What was it called? And what instrument did you play?

I was in one when I was 16. I was lead vocals. We sounded like Blink 182. :inlove: I kinda wish we still had the band going, because it was cool to have a band. But at the same time I don't want to sound like Blink 182. I hate Blink 182.

The band was called 12-Gauge Candle. It was fun while it lasted.

I was in 2 bands in my younger days. I played guitar as well as sang. The first band was called Appaloosa and we did mainly covers of the hits of the day (today you would call it classic rock..lol). The 2nd band was a Ramones cover band. It was called Road To Ruin after one the Ramones album titles.

Yes, I am in my family's band. We started off playing German Oktoberfest music.. but we do branch off into Scandinavian, Country, Jazz, Dixieland, and pretty much whatever we all feel comfortable with and the job calls for. I would post the name, but since I am not posting my real name on the boards... I won't post the band name, since my dad's name makes up a portion of the bands name.

Outside of that.. nope not in a band, my sister & brother and brother in law were all in the high school marching band.

My sister was also in Symphonic Wind Ensemble, Jazz Ambassadors(went on a 5 country tour one summer), and String Orchestra

My brother was also in the Symphonic Band, Symphonic Wind Ensemble, and Jazz Workshop bands. He also would participate in the Orchestra.

My dad and mom were a band prior to me being born for a short while. Dad on accordion and mom on drums.

Our current band (in age order, oldest to youngest):

My mom - drums and vocal (age 50)

My dad - accordion, vocal, keyboard, band leader (age 49)

Me - clarinet, auxillary percussion, vocals (age 25)

My brother in law - banjo and vocals (age 24)

My sister - piccolo, trumpet, violin/fiddle, vocals, flute, auxillary percussion (age 23)

My brother - tuba, auxillary percussion, vocals (age 19)

My niece - Newest member..probably tambourine, maracas, and a little vocals. Band mascot (Currently age 9 months). She already tries to sing along with my sister and I when we play Karaoke Revolutions.

Edited by Yillara_Skye

I've never been in a band, came close many times. But I have performed music on stage twice, both times to a crowd of over 400. The first time I did a cover of a KoRn song and got a standing ovation at the end, literally, the crowd errupted with applause. It was amazing! :) :)

The second time I added my own lyrics to a NIN song that was only music.

School band from 7th grade through my junior year in high school.

I wanted to play jazz sax, but since I was a wee bit FAT...I got stuck with a trombone.The band teacher figured a big ol' boy like me had to have big lungs.

At least I wasn't fat enough to be awarded a "tuba".

I eventually quit because I wasn't allowed to play sax.

As for a rock band?

Nope.

I don't think anybody in my family was in a band.

:)

I was in school band and orchestra for years, with playing flute, violin and piano.

After a time it wasn't "cool" to keep playing, even though I most likely could have made a career out of violin. Nothing grand mind you, but in belonging to a professional orchestra.

Now my brother, who played saxaphone in his school days is in a surf band in California, playing key boards. :) :) They all "reunited" just recently, as many job changes and expanding families put the kabosh on the band for a time.

You can buy their albums on amazon, which I find kinda cool! :sus:

take a peek

Edited by Madame Butterfly

Now my brother, who played saxaphone in his school days is in a surf band in California, playing key boards

I've recently become addicted to Surf music! Its all I listen to lately. AOL radio has a surf music channel on it. I gave it a listen one day and have never turned it off. I just ordered two surf music cds from Amazon yesterday. Now I'm gonna order your brother's!

I was in a 2 different bands at 2 seperate points of life. First band was called Bones & Ashes. We were GNR / Metalica / Iron Maiden wannabes. I played a Fender Strats while my brother was on the Gibson Les Paul. My cousin was lead vocal. He certainly was Axl Rose Wannabe.

My second band was called F4C. That's when we started to write our own songs. We do have a "garage" demo but we never did managed to cut an album. I still play the Strats and my brother still played the Les Paul. Sometimes, for the fun of it, I'll play bass. My brother in law played the drums. Our songs were still very much influnced by GNR, Metalica, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Def Leopard... etc.... old school rock stuff. And then we started playing Petra, Jars of Clay... some White Cross... Once in a while, we'd feel tired with all the noise and pick up BB King, Eric Clapton, and some other blues. I think I enjoyed my second band better.

Nowadays... well... I;ve not touched my strats for nearly a year now.