Sign in to follow this  
ddillard

Facets

What rating would you give "Facets"?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Facets"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

5. I'm a little miffed that Jake didn't get to be one of the memory hosts... I thought if anything, he should have hosted Joran, since using him would have proven the least of a threat for the station, and I thought Dax could/should have been close enough to Jake to have him be a part. And on that line, Leeta was only a throw-in for a few episodes, and they bring her in to be Emony?

Still, I REALLY admire the chance it gave for the DS9 cast to flex their acting muscles. Not to take away from Farrell, who had to portray her Jadzia as feeling more vulnerable, but the others really did a great job carrying the episode. Kira/Lela seemed to be an old woman, in the way she talked, but she pulled off the politician/diplomat bit well. Nice job by Visitor. Meaney did a great job embodying the nervous, fidgety, and nerdy Tobin. Masterson as the swanlike-graceful Emony was nicely portrayed, and I guess her ability to flex herself like that is why they had her be a host instead of Lofton's Jake. Shimerman was comedic as Quark/Audrid, which while that was the intention, is kind of a shame because it really didn't give us much more insight into that past host other than she enjoyed being a mother. Siddig's borderline hedonistic portrayal of Torias was actually quite brilliant for the little screen time it had. I have to admit, I thought Sisko/Joran would prove to be the main storyline... Joran's insanity with Sisko's body and possibly his access codes/knowledge--that could have been a whole 'nother story in itself, actually! And they did do a good job giving Brooks more screentime as a memory-host than the others before him. And what can we say about Auberjonois as the joined Odo/Curzon? I thought at first Sisko should have been the Curzon host. I mean, can you imagine Brooks acting schizophrenic as the old man and Benjamin go back forth being the dominant personality as they rehash good times together? That would have been worth seeing!! :laugh: But once the story thickens, it was good choice to have it be Odo. I like how he shifted to look more Trill-like, and met up with Sisko... and the touching scenes later on. Really made sense into the whole backstory. Wonderful.

Sorry for such a long review, but everyone's performances in this one really deserve their own mention.

What stands out in my mind out of everthing else from this episode is when Sisko becomes Joran. When Joran starts going crazy and begins banging his head on the cell, it is a little scary. It is in my top 10 favorite moments of DS9. Great acting on the part of Brooks.