Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rustypelican

RustyPelicans Personal Log

I hope they survived the move. If anything should happen they can get repaired.

At you know how to repair them if they need it. I really hope they don't.

The day of freedom is coming closer. I am so out of sorts now that I am going crazy. I can;t wait to hold my kids in my arms, even if they have changed as much as they have. It will be a great fealing holding them in my arms.

Hello all.

I landed after a delay taking off, and a delay landing almost 2hr late. Delta let my wife meet me at the gate, sice I was a returning deployed servicemen. It was great to see her and hold her last night. This morning I was re-united with my kids, and I was mobbed by them screaming daddy daddy daddy. My body and mind ares till out of sorts. part of me in Japan, part of me in Cali, and part of me in Georgia. I hope that I get pulled together soon. More as I can update everybody.

I am going on my first Job interveiw tomorrow. i am nervous and excited. They are asking alittle lower than i am wanting but I just sent them me resume yesturday and they responded in less than 24 hrs wanting to talk to me. I'll keep everyone posted on how it goes.

The interveiw went well. Good actually, the interveiwer kept introducing me to the resat of the company as hopefully our new IT Manager. It is not making as much as I would have wanted at first, but it has a first rate benefits package, and pays for training.

About the House We almost did not close today, the Lawyer did not pick up his mail this AM and the paperwork was in the mail, after we pestered him to get the paperwork we got the house on time well and hour and a half late only, the furniture and painting fun begins tomorrow.

I'm so glad you are home and with your family! I'm also glad the interview was positive experience. Good luck and keep us posted!

Congrats on the interview. :veryangry: I hope you will get the job! Have fun painting. You have enough experence in the Navy on painting to the job. <_<

The furniture arrived, but there was no hardware for alot of the furnature. And 3 of the dressers were broken. Everything but the gas has been turned on, and we should move in for good tomorrow. It looks like our neighbors have kids the same age as ours, so they have friens to play with after school. I have another job interveiw tonight, I am just waiting for the phone call. I need to go and set up the rest of the bedrooms tonight, and inspect the other items for damage. IE the instruments. BTW Odie how is the Violin? The gas should eb turned on tomorrow morning and I have a weekend of painting and I left my coveralls on the ship tp be mailed to me. I guess I messed up and should have brought one pair with me. Still stressed about alot of things and will need some stress relief I may tune up and guitar and play some rock n roll tonight as a break from the bluegrass that I have been playing for the last few months. RP out.

Well concerning the guitars and mandolins. I have been checking them out as I can, and so far 2 electric guitars, one electric mandolin, and my wife's violin are good, one more box of them to go through b4 I can be sure of them, but I have a great wood/guitar shop to work in if any repairs are needed. I am still suffering from death by paintbrush/roller, becuase the house is a little old and looks dated and like the previous never repainted, ewxcept for a wall of pepto \bismol like pink, yuck :gross: I have spent 4 hours just masking offf one baywindow. I am tired, and still have alot to do to turn it into a home.

RP out

That is good to hear. At least you don't have to worry about them. I hope you are having fun painting. B)

I got the job that I interveiwed for last wednesday. I start on Monday. I'll have no gap in employment. I am so excited to be working at a place where I actually have a say in what the company does for it's IT department. I am the new IT Manager for TotalPay and HR Solutions. I go in and fill out paperwork and get my account set up on friday and then I get to drive from Atlanta to Cincinatti that night after work and then back on Sunday night. But at least we have the DVD systemin the car for the kids to keep them occupied.

B) Congratulations on getting the job! :lol: :lol: :yawn: Way to go! I imagine this will make things go so much smoother for you. That is so great! I'm very happy for you and your family.

Hello all,

I am sitting here waiting for midnight. Why you ask because I am out of the Navy at Midnight, thats why. I start work for real in the morning, and I am excited It will be alot of work getting them setup correctly but I can't wait to do it. I might even have a lead on a car to get me there to prevent my wife from havin to drive me both ways. Thanks to everyone for there support.

RP out

It must be good to be out of the Navy and not worry about finding a job. Good luck at your new work place.

I have been soo busy at work and with unpacking my house and painting the house and doing yard work. I have not been able to post. I have been rebuilding the companies network from scratch. that is making me crazy busy. more as time permits.

Benn a long time since I posted. Here is what has happened to me in the interim.

Got a pay raise for outstanding work and cost savings to the company. I have taken 2 classes fro UOP online. Fell hurt my back so bad that I had to miss 2 days of work. I've had my VA physical assesment and I am waiting for the results from that. MY neice is not going to be be moving out soon. The school in Cali declined here petition for re-instatement. I have built a server rack system from scrath here at work and setup a web site/server and a T1 connection. that is the short version I will add more detail as time permits.

Nice to see you back and I'm glad things seem to be going well.

Too bad about your niece though..... :laugh:

It's nice to hear from you. Sounds like most things are going well for you. And like Odie says, be careful with your back! :laugh:

It has been a very long time since I last posted. Let me see what have I been up to? I have continued being over worked as the only IT worker where there there should be more. Plus I have been going to school at night full time. Plus I got epididmitus twice. ouch. :welcome: Not fun. I am back to trek after catching an episode of Enterprise on Sunday. I hope to get back into the swing of things here and be a more regular poster.

Ryan

It's good to hear from you! Sorry to hear you've been under the weather. :klingon: Keep us updated as to what you're up to. And of course, keep watching Trek! :welcome: