Sign in to follow this  
Jim Phaserman

The Bears Still Suck!

The Bears Still Suck. If you are a fan of the Vikings, Lions, or especially the Packers, you know this phrase well. If you are a Bears Fan, you probably deny it till you are blue and orange in the face. But, it is a fairly accurate assessment. Perhaps, though, the phrase should be reworded. "It sucks to be the Bears" might seem more accurate tonight. Last year, Bears' Quarterback Rex Grossman missed most of the season with a knee injury. his absence caused a colamity(sp?) in Chicago, which went through 4 different starting quarterbacks before finishing the 2004 regular season with a dismal record of 6-10. The Bears had one bright spot last year, beating Green Bay in Lambeau Field 27-10 in the second game of the season, while Grossman was still healthy. With Grossman out last season, the Bears made a mad shuffle through 3 other quarterbacks, including Craig Krenzel and Chad Hutchinson, who would be sacked 9 times during the Week 17 rematch against divisional rival Green Bay (4 of the sacks were recorded by 1 player: Defensive End Kabeer Gbaja-Biamilla #94). This year, "Hutch" will now be thrust back into the starting role to fill in for the again-injured Grossman.

The Bears' Season appears to be over. The Bears had problems last year, and will inevitably have more issues this year as a result of a lack of Grossman. Perhaps the Bears really ARE the NFL's Bad News Bears.

:rolleyes: Mr. Phaserman, haveing been a Bear fan for approx. 50 years I have to agree it looks like their season is in trouble. The Packers most likely will end up 3rd behind Detroit and My pick for the Superbowl winner Minnisota. I am glad that Moss will not be there to moon the Green bay fans. :rolleyes:

Rex Grossman is the definition for the phrase "injury prone". Over here in Baltimore, we don't keep a QB long enough to get hurt. The Ravens have installed a revolving door in the locker room just for our Qbs.

Actually, I'm not all that impressed with the Vikings or the Lions this year. for 1. Joey Harrington is still starting in Detroit. That's a major problem right there. 2. Minnesota is lacking something Green Bay AND Chicago both possess---a deep-threat reciever. Green Bay actually has 2 in Javon Walker and Donald Driver. 3. Minnesota allowed 16 points to be put up on them by the 3rd best team in the AFC West. Not the 3rd Best Team in the AFC, the 3rd Best team in the AFC's least productive division. That says something about their "Remodeled Defense". Packers win the Division for a 4th straight time.

Anyone watch the game last night? You wanna talk about a team that is well balanced, look at Pittsburg. they scored 21 points...before Ben Rothlesburger and the Steeler's Offense even stepped onto the field. Big Ben only took 9 snaps. He didn't need to take any more. I'd say that Pittsburg is going to make New England look absolutely silly this season, hell, they already did it to Philly....Packers and Steelers in the Superbowl. Final Score? 31-10 Steelers, as much as I hate to say it.

Regardless of Pittsburg's talent if Cower's the coach the team will be out coached and out played in the big games. I have more faith in Green Bay making the Super Bowl then them. Still holding out hope for Bears

The Bears will always suck.

347832[/snapback]

Thats right.......come away from the Dark Side.........Become a Ravens fan! :D

Yes, MB I prefer College football too.

Yes, the Bears will still suck. Do you all think it's more Jerry Angelo's fault?

Also the Cubs still suck (but that's another thread!) :D

Yes, MB I prefer College football too.

Yes, the Bears will still suck.  Do you all think it's more Jerry Angelo's fault?

Also the Cubs still suck (but that's another thread!)  :D

347838[/snapback]

Yeah, the Cubs do suck, but there's something more in being a fan for them than the Sox.

Your team for College ball?

My two Favorite college teams are Western Illinois University - the Leathernecks! and the Univ of Iowa Hawkeyes. (how 'bout them Hawkeyes!) which I both graduated from).

I really enjoy watching college football (and Basketball) and generally root for Big Ten or Midwest teams.

Oh and the Bears still suck (and the Cubs too) GO St. Louis Cardinals (Baseball)

not sounding like a Homer from pittsburgh but I think Pittsburgh will be in the Super Bowl this year, what hurt them last year was the Defense, and with their new "Simple" System back with more Blitzes I think it will help the Secondary, now on the NFC side I think the tam to look out for this year is gonna be Atlanta, again if they can patch up some Defense issues, and with Vick as QB/RB (LOL) they have the best shot, oh and on the topic of the Bears, instead of putting a UFO in the outer skeleton of Soliders Field, they should of invested more in the team.

Bears are cute...

..er, you on about animals right?

Edited by xXTrekkieCaraXx

My two Favorite college teams are   Western Illinois University - the Leathernecks!  and the Univ of Iowa Hawkeyes.  (how 'bout them Hawkeyes!) which I both graduated from).

I really enjoy watching college football (and Basketball) and generally root for Big Ten or Midwest teams.

Oh and the Bears still suck (and the Cubs too)  GO St. Louis Cardinals (Baseball)

347843[/snapback]

Have you named any of your children or pets Hayden? :P

No Cara, it's a sports team in Chicago. B)

BTW: I am a fan of the "victors valiant" :yucky:

Edited by Madame Butterfly

There is a song that is quite popular in Green Bay. I don't know who sings it, but it goes alittle something like this...

The Bears Still Suck!

The Bears Still Suck!

They Really Really Suck!

The Bears Still Suck!

there's more to it, but I don't know it.