Sign in to follow this  
Tina

Moving Avatars

I love the Moving Avatars (especially the MB- Potter ones)

But how do you save them onto your computer? Everytime i save as" Save image" it takes a snap shot of it- So i lose the other parts in avatar.

Also- Anyone have any they like alot and wanna share?

Edited by Ambassador tinadoll

everytime I save my moving avatar I use save as. Yeah, it only shows one picture when I save it and look at it, but when I post it on a site, it moves again.

U save it as GIF?

^Yeah, you need to save them as GIF files if you don't already. I learned that the hard way...

Yes, it needs to be a gif. Also, if you want to edit it, you need software that edits animated files.

I usually copy down the image URL on a scrap of paper and type it into the appropriate box when selecting a new avatar in my controls here.

I rarely save images with "save picture as...",since for some reason those usually won't upload properly at many of the sites I post at.

It's too bad I couldn't have also added the music that went with my new avy.The dancing goes so much better,and is much funnier with Bootsy Collins playing in the background.

Edited by admiralpeewee

I usually copy down the image URL on a scrap of paper and type it into the appropriate box when selecting a new avatar in my controls here.

I rarely save images with "save picture as...",since for some reason those usually won't upload properly at many of the sites I post at.

It's too bad I couldn't have also added the music that went with my new avy.The dancing goes so much better,and is much funnier with Bootsy Collins playing in the background.

346345[/snapback]

If it was an swf, you could have sound. Unfortunately, having sound in an avatar is not allowed becuase the sound from swf's screws up the threads. They do not sinc, if posted more than once on the thread.

So i saved is as a gif file- But they still don't work (especially for Yahoo messenger)

So i saved is as a gif file- But they still don't work (especially for Yahoo messenger)

346707[/snapback]

That is weird.

I only thought you could use them as uploaded on yahoo

346730[/snapback]

I have been able to use animated gifs on yahoo. Of course, I have not used an animated gif on yahoo for a while.

But how do you save them onto your computer? Everytime i save as" Save image" it takes a snap shot of it- So i lose the other parts in avatar.

if you were to photobucket this image you would be ok, it would have the full amount there. I prominse girl.

How do you photobucket and image?

Edited by Ambassador tinadoll

First go there and open an account.

Once you've opened your free account, you simply click on "browse" and you can upload anything you have saved on your comp.

Once you've added the photo, it gives you three types of links you can use for that photo.

Copy the link you need, and you're in business.

I have an old version of AIM

I don't upgrade, it usually means downgrading.