Sign in to follow this  
deagletime

Voyagers mysteries solved part II

as you might have heard....homecoming part II/Farther Shore, comes out july 1st....so im off to barnes and nobles to find out once and for all what the heck happenes to our great crew after 7 years in the delta quadrant....I would be most happy to give a synopis during and after completing the book.... jdigs and beedrill, i hope to have your thoughts as well..

jdigs and beedrill, i hope to have your thoughts as well..

And you shall have it!! Da$% now I'm all xcited!

I ordered both books but it will take some time until I will have them here in Germany... (I use to read the books in English, like watching DVDs in English because English is much better :laugh: )

I will also post something about it if I am ready with reading the novels.

Mrs. Captain Picard

I'm going to go pick it up when I get paid at the end of the week. Read the first one in one sitting, and it REALLY left me hanging...it's like a bad addiction. You just HAVE to get it, one way or another ;)

Finished it!

All I can say without giving it away is: WOW! :)

I loved it :bow:

Click for Spoiler:

I loved the way she wrapped up the buisness with the Hand, and DATA!!! :bow:

I've got to get to the book store and get my copies of them both. Then maybe I can catch up with you guys. B)

I got it tonight and have already read through half of it. WOW...I can see myself finishing it before the night is over. Christie Golden has out done herself with this one. I'll be glad to discuss it once I have finished it..i'm not going to post any spoilers because without having reading "Homecoming", they wouldn't be portrayed properly.

ok kiddies ive finished the book anyone ready for some synopsis spoilers?

I finished as well Deagletime, I'll leave the 1st spoilers to you sir.. :)

ok here goes....

the current situation

Click for Spoiler:

where we left of in part I, seven and icheb are in prison due to a outbreak of a borg virus on earth..the doc is in prison due to a revolt of the photonics due to the release of "photons be free" the remainder of the crew have been disregarded and have not been reassigned due to the fact that the feds are passing the rumor that the voyager crew brought back the virus to earth..intentional or not....

ladies...brace your 'selves

Click for Spoiler:

our mysterious crew transfer from the 1701-e to the voyager senior staff is none other than.......

Click for Spoiler:

DATA! it seems because of the decision rendered on the "measure of a man" he is uniquely qualified to defend the doctors position as a artificial life form and as such, janeway requested his transfer from Picard as a favor...further, with the borg outbreak, he is un-borifacatable (is that a word??) and will be an asset to the voyager crew as they are planning a rescue mission to free their comrades....

the plot

Click for Spoiler:

ok...so we are lead through all these twist and turns...and it is revealed that there is indeed a conspiracy regarding the borg situation...we are lead to believe that admiral Montgomery(warrior of the dominion war) is behind this little conspiracy...further conspiracies are being perpetuated by the head of starfleet intelligence, admiral covington...needless to say..we are not sure, who is and what is going on...all we know is that the borg virus is spreading and the most qualified people to combat the virus are locked in prison...

the showdown...

Click for Spoiler:

so time is running out and more and more people turning into borg...janeway decides to act out and rescue her comrades in prison....with the help of some intersting tweakings to holo-technology, the senior staff is able to smuggle seven and icheb out of prison while downloading the doc to mr.data's noggin.... they then proceed to sneak onto voyager, to carry out stage two of their plan...to allow the near death, icheb and seven to regenerate in their alcoves....needless to say, with starfleet scientists aboard, they're running around jeffires tubes and sneaking around under false pretenses....it is then, that between the doc, seven, and data, the true nature of the borg threat is revealed..

One of the most debated of all topics is finally answered!

Click for Spoiler:

after the borg defeat in in 2200's(first contact and enterprise) it seems that on the borg debree there was in fact micro-nanoprobes that act as a dormant virus in the bloodstream...any contact with the debree causes a dormant infection of the virus.....the virus are too remain dormant untill activated by non-other than ...the borg queen...now as u can recall, following endgame as well as ST-VIII the borg queen was killed....we are revealed that in the event of the death of the queen, a specific nanoprobe is instructed to "infect" a host and institute the "royal protocol" creating a new queen....starfleet scientists have found this out and under deep cover, a group of three and a mark1-emh, have conspired to make a queen on the planet earth....our antagonist, admiral covington is the newest queen!

finale

Click for Spoiler:

now that they know where the queen is at (starfleet intel HQ,) the senior staff, go on a assault of the HQ for the queen....through shear luck, data is able to outwit the underdeveloped (not mature) queen/admiral covington through the computers and the assault team is able to reach the queens lair...now data, as fast as he is, is unable to keep up with the queen, so seven reluctantly reconnects with the collective and she is able to ....... take the collective over as queen... she takes control of the collective and covington is killed....seven then reluctantly dissolves the collective and people emerge from the collective with their indviduality intact....

thats all folks...

Click for Spoiler:

so now that the dust has settled, the borg conspiracy is covered up to prevent mass hysteria...seven and the doc are transferred to a starfleet "think" tank..icheb goes back to the academy....tuvok and janeway co-teach a class at the academy....the paris'es move to a klingon monastery so that blanna can study and meditate...harry kim and libby are settling down....and chakotay stays with starfleet and is given his own command ....ncc-74656, uss. voyager

Whew..I as way to lazy to write all those spoliers..Nicely done.

would u like to break down the B'lanna sub-plot then?

would u like to break down the B'lanna sub-plot then?

:) Sure..You're on a roll!

Very well written :)

I finished it a couple days ago....Loved it!!

Click for Spoiler:

The way they lead up to the whole Royal Protocol and the new Borg Queen...I never suspected Covington until halfway through the second book!! :)

I also enjoyed watching as Golden fleshed out what had happend with The Hand, I almost felt sorry for Covington.

Oh boy! Got the book on Monday and finished it this morning. It was intense all the way to the end. I found it hard to stop reading, and regretted times whenever I had to stop to do something important... like eat...

Great summary, deagletime. Here's the news with B'Elanna.

Click for Spoiler:

Where we last left off, B'Ellana was about to embark on the Challenge of Spirit, another wild, crazy Klingon ritual that brings a whole bunch of glory if completed. Essentially, one is sent out into the wilderness of the sacred world, Boreth, with absolutely nothing. That person must spend a whole six months out there.

B'Ellana was doing this to find her mother, who had supposedly died during the Challenge while she was away.

She didn't like it at first, but as time passed she became used to it and grew to like it. She was finding peace of mind at last in the least likely place.

She found her mother, rather, her mother found B'Elanna. And they were all happy and everything. B'Ellana told Miral (her mother) about her husband and daughter and everything and it was a nice, happy reunion. They made plans to return the next day.

But such was not to be. That night, a dangerous wild animal attacked. The two managed to kill it, but Miral was fatally wounded. She asked B'Ellana to kill her in that Klingon ritual thing and B'Ellana reluctantly complied. She went back alone, but the experience taught her to embrace both her Human and Klingon halves. These two sides, which had been warring for her whole life, seemed to finally make peace with each other.

Yay. And now my thoughts on the whole thing.

Click for Spoiler:

I've tried to split things up by using paragraphs here, but I'm just writing my thoughts down as they come to me. You have been warned.

I loved it! First I must say I liked the title. And I liked how the author got it from a poem. It was a very appropriate poem, and, therefore, an appropriate title. Now, if this book is good beginning with the title, you can just imagine how good it gets in the actual content!

I loved the way everything just fit. I knew Montgomery wasn't the bad guy! I had a sneaking suspition that maybe Covington was the antagonist, and the one who was being abused by the Hand, but wasn't quite sure. I left that option open, but I wasn't going to fall to deep into that whole. But as the story progressed realized that it was her.

The way they all worked together was great. The way they took back Voyager was fantastic. It was their ship once again. I love the way they tricked everyone. The way they broke Seven, Icheb, and the Doctor out of jail was genius. I like how the author kept the truth from us for so long. It was building up suspense. I was pretty sure I was right in my suspicions, but was still waiting for them to be confirmed.

The whole "trying to get through the Borg infested Starfleet Intelligence building" sequence was super! And Data was just wonderful in his role. I also liked the exchange between Seven and Covington/the Queen. It was so... sweet. The Queen really did love her drones. It was actually quite sad. I mean, I was happy that Janeway and company triumphed, but... it was still kind of sad.

I hadn't expected that B'Elanna's mother would die. But as soon as the animal came, I knew that she would. It was very depressing. I wanted her to meet Tom and baby Miral. That would have been so cool. But B'Elanna did find peace, so Miral's death didn't totally ruin a chance for a happy ending.

The way things were wrapped up was wonderful. Janeway just went down the list of everyone and it was so great learning what they were up to. And as it ended I just got chills. I'm getting chills just thinking about it right now. Chakotay getting his own command, and Voyager no less just brought the whole thing... pardon the term... full circle. I guess Black Jaguar did reward Chakotay after all. And the way the book ended with the word "Voyager" was just so enormously complex and so amazingly simple at the same time.

So there you have it. For those who don't want to read the spoilers, just read this. It was a good book. Good is an understatement. I don't know of a word that describes the magnitude of good that is this book. Guys, if you haven't read Homecoming, read it. Then read this book. Because it is good.

Discussion topics?

Click for Spoiler:

-After the whole thing was over, do you thing Libby should have told Harry about Peregrine?

-Do you thing Montgomery is going to find out who Peregrine is?

-Will Chakotay accept this command offer? (Well, OK, not much discussion... but still...)

-Was Covington really the bad guy here?

-Thoughts on the whole Andropov/Baines/Allyson/holodeck thing.

-How about the ending, when Adropov goes home? Do you think he's forgiven Baines?

-Anything else you want to discuss? These were just suggestions

Read it.

Well said beedrill!

I can't say much better!

Click for Spoiler:

I too thought it was bittersweet when Covingtion gave the collective to Seven, and I felt sorry for her with what happened in her past and the Hand.

Everything in that book was just so well done and planned out, they held every bit of infromation from you as long as they could without ruininthe book. I really can't put into words how fun it was to read.

One scene in there that I really loved, was when the Janeway and company were on Voyager and literatly hunting down the people who were working there. Janeway and Chakotay were in the corridor and the Janeway delivered a blow that knocked the poor crewman off balance just in time for Chakotay to knock him out cold. Then she made a quip about training against Klingons...And it took a second for the comment to register in Chakotays mind :laugh: