Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Validus

Validus Unbound

So- what's been going on?

Well, it looks like the Republican party is self-destructing and the war in Iraq has finally begun to be seen by most Americans for what it always was: The Biggest Mistake Since Vietnam.

The powers-that-be at Murdochville (Fox News) seem to be doing everything they can to demonize the Democrats while still trying to make Bush look like he knows what he's doing, a fools errand at best.

The damage from Katrina is still being tallied and even after all this time they are still finding bodies in the rubble, but Bush is just too damned busy golfing to notice. Even as he blathers on about democracy in the middle-east it becomes increasingly obvious that democracy doesn't work in all cultures and all nations (the fanatical Hamas government of Palistine and the lunatic President of Iran were both elected "democratically").

I keep wondering how many more of our troops will have to be killed or maimed before we finally start to realize that staying there is costing us far more then we are gaining?

Well, Bush has already said that ending the war will be the next Presidents job....

Yes- and that simply shows what a horrendous leader he happens to be.

Validus, a quick question, and I don't mean to sound too critical or anything...do you actually watch trek? Or did you just join this place for the political discussions?

Validus, a quick question, and I don't mean to sound too critical or anything...do you actually watch trek? Or did you just join this place for the political discussions?

Why not discuss politics at a Star Trek site? The Klingons were the Soviets....

*Ahem*

Well I've been gone a few months...but I'll answer Gary's question even though I'm sure he won't remember writing it.

I talk about Trek often here- but as one of the few clear thinkers here (that is- a Liberal) I guess it often gets put on me to try and lend some "fairness and balance" to the political discussions since yu won't find it at FOX or at Q-nos.

Say....

is it just me, or does it seem like there is a distinct lack of life in the forums these days? I look up at the banners for people like "KlingonMike" and "Neroli-Chasser" and even "VaBeachGuy" and I don't see any of these people. Are they gone for good....??? Has the forum been this dead for all this time?*

With so little responce in so many of the forums...posting almost seems like a waste of time. Only Unicorn Hunter and Gamera seem fairly regular.

Where's everyone else??????? :P

There has been a decline of people coming in. Most of the people joined during the "Great Migration" after st.com shut down the lounge. Then, people just stopped coming. Hopefully you don't consider this a non-sequitar :P

I try to post everyday but sometimes am too busy. But I do "average" about 1.2 posts a day, and this is after not posting the first year I was a member here, because I prefered the chatroom. It may be that people are posting in different forums than you. Also I try to only post when I feel I have something to add to a discussion and when a discussion interests me. I also sometimes shy away from topics where someone is so doctrinaire in a post that it seems that an argrument is bound to break out. As I've said before here, I prefer discussions to arguments (but that's just me! :P )

However, Mr. P. is right. There has been a downturn in posting here. Whether that is due to people moving on or being much busier, losing interest in Trek (with no current series being produced) or unhappiness at doctrinaire posts or or the intolerence of some posters, who knows? It could be all of these or something else.

I haven't posted much because I'm doing a lot more knitting and crocheting now. I'm also looking for a second part-time job, so after I get one I'll be even more busy! :P I've been cutting back on some other internet activities so I'll have more time for Trek sites. :P

Well that's good.

Have you had a chance to see the new "remastered" Star Trek (Original series) with CGI replacing the old models?

Well that's good.

Have you had a chance to see the new "remastered" Star Trek (Original series) with CGI replacing the old models?

I've seen it and I think its great. It really breathes new life into TOS!

Kor and Validus finally agree on something. See? Star trek has the power to bridge all gaps.

:msn-wink: :msn-wink: :msn-wink: :msn-wink: :msn-wink: :msn-wink: :msn-wink: :msn-wink: :msn-wink:

Well...

The Republicans are going to lose the House and Senate in less then two weeks. :P

I can hardly wait, I just hope the Democrats don't ruin this... They better be strong and stick to issues and not back down..

Have we all forgotten that the Democrats were in power for 8 years during the Clinton presidency? If they win one or both of the houses, I guarantee that nothing will change. These politicians only care about getting in power. After they do, its just business as usual.

Have we all forgotten that the Democrats were in power for 8 years during the Clinton presidency? If they win one or both of the houses, I guarantee that nothing will change. These politicians only care about getting in power. After they do, its just business as usual.

How short our memory is, Kor.

The Democrats were only in control for the first two years of Clinton's tenure. They lost control in 1994 and the Republians have been screwing us ever since.

Well...

The Republicans are going to lose the House and Senate in less then two weeks. :frusty:

Let the record show that Validus called it first, and that Validus was right, and that all must now bow down before him and bring him their finest meats and cheeses!!!

Let the record show that this is somewhat the norm during mid-term elections......

I can hear the bitterness in your words, Kor, and it amuses me to no end. :blink:

Let the record show that this is somewhat the norm during mid-term elections......

I can hear the bitterness in your words, Kor, and it amuses me to no end. :blink:

No bitterness at all. I was just pointing out that your prediction was meaningless. I look forward to looking at everything the Democrats do with a critical eye and watching you vainly try to defend them.

Well-

After being banned for more then a month by Alterego I am back again and the Democrats are finally going to put the screws to President Bush for getting more then 3,000 of our troops killed for nothing.

I can't wait.

Welcome back Validus, it certainly be interesting the next few months as Congress tries to reset itself after the Republicans had it for over a decade.

Welcome back Validus, it certainly be interesting the next few months as Congress tries to reset itself after the Republicans had it for over a decade.

I agree. After years of Republican abuse without end (ethics violations including pedophilia, taking bribes, selling our Government to the Fortune 500 wholesale and trying to shred the Bill of Rights, Iraq and illegal wire-taps) we finally got back the house and the senate. In 2008 we'll get back the white house and then hopefully Fox News will finally go bust from lack of viewers.

I agree. After years of Republican abuse without end (ethics violations including pedophilia, taking bribes, selling our Government to the Fortune 500 wholesale and trying to shred the Bill of Rights, Iraq and illegal wire-taps) we finally got back the house and the senate. In 2008 we'll get back the white house and then hopefully Fox News will finally go bust from lack of viewers.

Who knows, Republicans are pretty resiliant. You know what they say, cockroaches will outlast nuclear holocaust....

In 2008 we'll get back the white house and then hopefully Fox News will finally go bust from lack of viewers.

I don't believe that Fox News is the media wing of the Republican party, but let's just suppose it is for a minute. Why would a Democratic majority in Congress or a Democrat in the White House cause a lack of Fox News viewers?

Simple:

because as time goes on eventually people will begin to realize that the way Fox backs the Bush/Chaney Junta isn't really news at all, but blatant populist propaganda designed to forward a very specific agenda that has nothing to do with objective truth or journalistic integrity. Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly are nothing more then lying demogogues who would look the other way if Bush was caught raping little girls on camera (they'd claim it was a Lefty conspiracy funded by gay muslims).