Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Validus

Validus Unbound

Log #00001

Well things are pretty chaotic right now. My car is sitting over at Midas getting more then $700.00 worth of work done on it because I totally shot my breaks to Hell and I'm lucky that doing so didn't get me killed.

My private life is beginning to look like a weird mixture of Seinfeld and a Kevin Smith film. Right now my current girlfriend (Rebecca) is sleeping at my place, she works nights at a hospital. I got a call from my son's mother, Trona, and she informed me that she just broke up with her last boyfriend and tomarrow I'm having lunch with her. At 8 o'clock this evening I'm meeting my most recent ex, Lisa (Proto-type) to discuss how things are going in both our lives and depending on how things go...who knows what will happen before sun up tomarrow. I've also got this woman named Ava after me. She works as a manager at the most prestigious department store here in Stockton, so she makes good money, but I also know that she's terrible when it comes to the physical side of things (she has an extreme weight problem).

I think there are many men that would imagine that being in my position would be like a dream come true, and perhaps in my teens/early 20's I would have been just as naive. In truth, it is very difficult to juggle relationships and to try and judge which one is "best" given the endless variety of criteria that crop up.

The situation with Lisa is further confused by the fact that in the two years we were together her two daughters came to look at me as a second father. This wasn't a problem while we were together, but now that we're not it has taken a toll on her kids. The oldest (who is 15) has flip-flopped with depression these last few weeks which has been mostly my fault, and the younger one (who is 10) is sweet enough to write me letters from time to time and I always write back. I love them both and I miss them a great deal, but with the break-up things have gotten rather messy for everyone. It also probably doesn't help that Lisa and I still love one another. Just two days ago Rebecca asked me if I loved her and I flatly told her, "No...it's not that I don't like you a great deal, I just don't feel that I know you well enough to say that I love you." She seemed accepting of that, but I could tell she was hurt. Still, better to be honest. What's really bad is that I know in my heart I'm only using Rebecca until something better comes along. Maybe I'll manage to start things up with Trona, or perhaps Lisa will want to give it another go (although I highly doubt it...she's been injured too many times I think to want to risk another bruise).

I'm sure this post will probably offend many of the female members on more then one level, but before you judge me too harshly I would ask you to look into your own past and ask yourselves, honestly, how often you've done essentially the same thing?

The cost of repairing my car is so great that I had to ask my father for help. My Dad and I don't agree on a lot of things, but I will say that he is by far the most generous person I've ever known. I have no idea where I'd be if it wasn't for him and all the times he pulled my fat out of the fire.

Well they said my car will be fixed by 5:00. Lets hope they were right. At least Battlestar Galactica is on tomarrow night... :msn-wink:

Log #00002

Well I got my car back and even though the price was sky-high at least the breaks work better now then they ever did even when I'd just gotten it. I guess Midas has a high degree of reliability...even if it was an arm and a leg.

Aiylece, a girl I just met, is having dinner with me tonight. She's a very attractive African-American student here at Humphrey's college, studying Law. Now I have to figure out what to do with Lisa between now and 8:00.

It'll be interesting to see where it goes. More on this as the story develops. :laugh:

Log #00003

Well...

so far today has been long one run through ignominious failure and frustration.

Lisa came over last night after Aiylece turned out to be a bust. She bought me dinner (which was the highlight of the evening), and then later we watched a film. She then left after we had a discussion about the film, and her tone was very cold.

Today we spoke on the phone, mostly about sex, and the results of that conversation were not good.

I had a visit with my son and his mother, Trona, today. That went well for the most part. I ordered us pizza and we watched cartoons (Warner Bros. mostly and a few episodes of Futurama on DVD). I had a bit of a heart-to-heart talk with Trona, who is now single, and I think I might be able to insinuate myself into her life given enough time. She's very attractive and a man could certainly do worse...I just wish she wasn't so Christian. Still- at least she's a Liberal Christian, so its not so bad in small doses. I just wish my kid hadn't pissed all over my friggin carpet, what a mess that was to clean up. :yawn:

I spoke to Rebecca earlier and we might get together tonight...right now its up in the air. Rebecca's sweet and she knows what to do physically, but when it comes to conversation its like talking to a brick. It doesn't help that English is her second language and that she almost never reads, while I read about two or three books a week not to mention countless magazines. In short- Rebecca's boring to me. That might change but I have my doubts. What's really annoying is that she seems to be in love with me, which might make any of a number of lesser men happy...but her love is so adolescent and callow.

Log #00004

Well...

I might have felt that way when I was in my early 20's, but that isn't really my goal now. Trying to juggle multiple girlfriends is really just too much friggin work. I'm just trying to audition for the starring role of being the female lead in the film called "The Life of Validus". The problem is that all the actresses are either headcases, flakes, liars, married, religious fanatics, or some combination of said dysfunctions. It's a real headache, playing the field...trust me.

At least Battlestar Galactica is on tonight... :msn-wink:

You talk about having balance in my life, from seeing your logs so far........ I would have a major headache lol. My only wish in the first place is that I had a dating life and that many people wanted me. It is not fun to be unloved and be single at the same time lol. If love comes to you easily then you are truely bless. As for religon, a good person always knows to be open to anything I am christian as well and there is no such thing as being "too christian". If you love God, he will love you in return.

Log #00005

Well...

When I say "too Christian" what I mean by that is too dogmatic. I really don't object to anyone having a religion or being "religious" [whatever that means]. What I do object too is people who insist on their version of the truth at the expense of all other paths. Christians who insist that Jesus is the "only way" are the same ones who wonder why people find them narrow-minded, arrogent, and intolerant.

I have many friends who are Christians, but they are Liberal Christians, who do not see their religion as the only path one can pick in order to climb the mountain successfully.

Spent most of yesterday with Rebecca and had a good time. We watched the film Mean Streets (Dir. Martin Scorsese) and it was always very good. I also got my car registered after much hand-wringing with the damned DMV.

Last Friday was a great episode of Battlestar Galactica. I really like the way each episode interlocks so that each season feels like a novel and each episode is like a chapter in a really good book...

So far it looks like the struggles between the President and the Military could be just as likely to do in the humanrace as the Cylons.

Log #00006

Well, last night was certainly interesting. I went to my Aikido class and met a very interesting woman, oddly enough named Lisa who teaches English at one of the local educational institutions and...it seems....is newly divorced.

Hmmm.....

I've been the owner of Andromeda since it came out on DVD and only recently I've started carving through the episodes. I'm not like six episodes into the second season and I'm really enjoying it. I can say that I like it as much as LEXX, but I do enjoy the humor and the scripts are certainly better then Voyager used to offer.

One of the odd things about this week is that I'm actually doing pretty good $$$$$-wise.

It is not fun to be unloved and be single at the same time lol. If love comes to you easily then you are truely bless.

345701[/snapback]

Log #00007

I'm not certain that I could say that "love comes easily to me". I think it is fair to say that I've been loved by many women and I've loved them too...but love is not as easy as mere sex, which does come easily to me.

I might suggest that if you are having a hard time finding someone perhaps it would help if you learned to be more aggresive. I know that when I see a woman who I find enticing I simply walk up to her no matter where we are (laundry mat, library, bookstore, mall, parking lot, whatever...) and strike up a conversation. I met my last significant other, Lisa, at a coffee shop when we were both attending the same poetry reading. I met my ex-wife at a party which I was dragged to against my will by my best friend at the time. I met my son's mother, Trona, at the magazine rack at Barnes & Noble. I met Rebecca in the parking lot in front of the same Barnes & Noble. I met my ex-fiance, Kris, while waiting in line at a Starbucks. I met both Ava and Jackie, the two women along with Rebecca I'm currently seeing, at the mall (both of them were employees).

In all those cases, had I been "shy" or quiet...nothing would ever have happened and they would all have just been passing fancies and strangers. I think what keeps most people silent is fear of rejection, which is normal...but also paralizing. Believe me, I've been turned down lots of times. But you can't let that stop you from trying to hook up with someone.

Right now I've got three women after me and by the end of this week it might be as many as five. Now- I have no intention of trying to juggle three (let alone five!) girlfriends...that's just impossible unless you happen to be Hugh Hefner. No, I'm just playing the field until I decide which one is right for me. Of course, if I have that many women after me, that means (by pure mathematical logic) that there must be 3-5 men who have no one as a result, and to them I have no pity. They're the ones who had chances and let them slip by because they were "shy", which is just a euphamism for "afraid".

That is very interesting standpoint. But, for me I think that I come on strong. Alot of guys that i've liked have always told me that i was too agressive. Then, when i'm soft then they say im too soft so it's like i am just going to stop looking and allow love to come to me.

That is very interesting standpoint. But, for me I think that I come on strong. Alot of guys that i've liked have always told me that i was too agressive. Then, when i'm soft then they say im too soft so it's like i am just going to stop looking and allow love to come to me.

346213[/snapback]

Log #00008

I would respectfully suggest that if you are aggresive by nature then simply seek out a man that is comfortable with that. A man who doesn't like your true nature doesn't like you and is therefore unworthy of your attention.

Rule of Acquisition Number 52: Never ask when you can take.

That is very true. But dealing with my controlling parents is another thing. I really don't know what to do.

Log #00010

Well...

You obviously know your parents better then I do. However, I might suggest that if they are being controlling it is more ou of love then a desire to mess up your life...that doesn't excuse their behavior: The road to Hell is paved with good intentions (Bernard Shaw). To break their control I recommend meeting it head on...explain to them that you are now an adul and that you must be allowd to live your own life which includes making your own mistakes from time to time. That's not disrespect, just the way it is. You might alos point out that when they judge you and interfear all the time- the message they are sending you is "your way of living is wrong and is not good enough" which is a terrible message to send.

Can I ask in what they they are controling (if that's not too personnal)?

Log #00011

Well I've been gone for awhile and I was sickened to find that someone had hacked my profile in what I can only call a rather childish display of retribution. I don't suppose anyone has any ideas about who the guilty party is, do they?

Log #00012

Well, I can't really repeat what was written here (too many explitives). However suffice as to say they rewrote my profile, changed my gender and deleted my avatar.

Log #00013

Well the news has been mixed for me.

On the plus side I've got a new girl and she's pretty amazing. She's tall (6') and built like Wonder Woman. We just watched Serenity yesterday and we both enjoyed it...it was certainly far better then Revenge of the Sith (Gak!).

I'm currently on chapter 14 of my novel, and tomorrow I'll be getting my second degree Blue Belt Promotion.

On the negative side my father was in a nasty car accident which got his vehicle totalled and messed up his leg & back pretty bad. The whole thing was caused by a 15-year old punk kid with no learners permit, no insurence and in short no buisness being on the road at all. I'm not happy about it. :frusty:

I loved the Season finale for Battlestar Galactica...I just hate having to wait until next January for Season 3. B)

Also in DVD news, Batman Begins is coming out Oct. 13 along with special editions of the previous 4 Batman films. I think I'll probably get the first one (with the Joker) and nix the others...

Log #00014

Well I just got Battlestar Galactica on DVD and I am very pleased to report how amazing it is. It's far far better then the old 1979 version...it's loaded with special features and even includes the original miniseries/pilot.

I'm really enjoying Ronald Moore's audio commentaries. :(

I was also pleased to find that it was priced reasonably: $49.99 at Best Buy!!!

Am I the only one who is totally fed up the the endless river of LIES known as Fox news? Every time I watch Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity I am just amazed at how utterly and blatantly Biased they are...

-and these are suppose to be journalists? Who watches these idiots and actually believes them?

Actually, O'Reilly would be the first one to point out - as I've seen him do - he isn't a reporter - he's a news analyst - he's not obligated to present unbiased facts.

I've yet to see any news program that isn't biased.

Well...

Bill O'Reilly is a reprehensible human being, but I certainly would never advocate that he be killed. Just fired and forced off the air would be fine with me. He isn't a news analyst that anyone should listen too...he's rude and boorish (like America) and has all the finesse of a fist-sized asperin. Bill isn't about ideas but simply winning arguments by shouting louder then those who disagree...which at the most basic level is just infantile. That the Republicans have cuddled up with someone like him shows me how bankrupt they are of ideas.

Bill thinks he knows better because he believes his opinion is the best...and in the end Bill really only stands for Bill. Hardly a "noble cause" in my view.

Bill isn't about ideas but simply winning arguments by shouting louder then those who disagree

Sounds like a typical political broadcaster. Both Republicans and Democrats have them. You ever listen to Al Franken or Bill Maher? They fit your description of Bill O'Reilly perfectly yet for some reason you don't mention them.............

Bill isn't about ideas but simply winning arguments by shouting louder then those who disagree

Sounds like a typical political broadcaster. Both Republicans and Democrats have them. You ever listen to Al Franken or Bill Maher? They fit your description of Bill O'Reilly perfectly yet for some reason you don't mention them.............

360440[/snapback]

I've never seen Bill Maher or Al Frankin yell "that's it...cut off his mike!!!" Al Frankin and Bill Maher are also comedians and don't pretend to be serious journalists. People like Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly actually delude themselves into believing that they are somehow more qualified to do our thinking for us...and that is really the most offensive thing about them.

I don't agree with everything Bill Maher says, and I was impressed that Al Frankin's last book was more deeply researched then either Anne Coulter's or Michael Savage's...both of whom lie worse then Ronald Reagan did- which is really saying something.

Things keep getting more and more weird.

A Minister in Waco, Texas got killed after baptising another easy mark for the Christ-club. Seems the idiot reached for a microphone while he was still in the water. I only wish they'd filmed it. :blush:

George Takai admitted he was gay recently, which is interesting. Frankly I never would've guessed...but there you have it. I guess now all the hardcore Christians will have to reassess how they feel about him, as always when happens when news like this breaks.

Things keep getting more and more weird.

A Minister in Waco, Texas got killed after baptising another easy mark for the Christ-club. Seems the idiot reached for a microphone while he was still in the water. I only wish they'd filmed it. :blush:

George Takai admitted he was gay recently, which is interesting. Frankly I never would've guessed...but there you have it. I guess now all the hardcore Christians will have to reassess how they feel about him, as always when happens when news like this breaks.

You just said so many insensitive and inappropriate things that I don't know where to begin.........so I'm not even going to try.......

Well. sexual prefence is one of those things that the media likes to have a fieldday with. But, that is why we as trek fans still should accept him as the person he is.