Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Would He Make A Good Captain?

Could Kevin Sorbo Make A Good Captain on A Real Trek Series?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Could Kevin Sorbo Make A Good Captain on A Real Trek Series?

• yes
    • no
    • maybe another character on a Trek series, just not captain
    • other

Well he's proven himself with two hit series, but do you think he would make a good Trek captain one day? I wouldn't mind it, he did a decent job on Andromeda. What are your thoughts?

He seems like a decent likable actor, but no he would not be suitable for Star Trek.

I think he's too identifiable as "Hercules".

Like Bakula was too identifable as "Sam Beckett".

My choice for the next captain of the Enterprise would be Ed Harris or Dennis Quaid.

No, I don't think he'd be right for the role.

Yes, he's too identifiable with Hercules. Also, being on Andromeda I feel he has a second-rate-sci-fi stigma to him (even though I liked Andromeda, I'd definitely put it on a lower tier than Trek).

I'm having a brain freeze on Ed Harris; will have to look him up. Quaid might actually work. McDonough has been great in everything I've seen him in (I'm still annoyed that Boomtown was canceled), but I don't think he could carry the captain role as well as some other candidates. :) .

My 2 cents.

Ed Harris was in Apollo 13 and The Right Stuff.

344192[/snapback]

And everything else in between. He was in "A Beautiful Mind," "The Truman Show," "Places in the Heart," .... superb character actor and very hard to pigeonhole.

Dennis Quaid is really experience a renaissance .... splitting with Meg Ryan did wonders for his career! I loved him in "Frequency" and "The Rookie." I could definitely see him as an ST captain.

Not so big on the Hercules dude though.

I'm afraid when I think Dennis Quaid I think The Alamo :)

Ace, I don't know what aspect of "Captaincy" you think McDonough lacks but the "making the ladies swoon" part - no one could do better. :)

I think well, just recognise him more as Hercules but he'll still make a good captain if we can hide some (or add some) facial features. Make him a Klingon captain.

I agree he make a great other then a cap't now Dennis Quaid as a Capt ya that would work. You know if they do restart Trek they need some new with some of the others, wonder what they will come up with.

Brian

I think Kevin Sorbo would be great as a guest character but that he is too identifiable as Hercules to be an effective lead as Captain in a Trek series. Dennis Quaid would be great imo.

In my mind, he's already played the role of a Captain in Star Trek. Everyone forgets that Andromeda was creatd by Gene Roddenberry and that the show is essentially set in the extreme far future (more then 3,000 years as I understand it) when the Federation is pretty much ancient history.

That connection is never blatantly made, but it seems obvious to me. The Andromeda itself is certainly more formidable then a dozen Galaxy-class starships, just check out its size at www.merzo.net...it's more then twice the length of a Klingon battleship.

Oh, that Kevin Sorbo! Yeah, I'd like him as a captain, but only if he cut his hair.

Edited by sea trooper

My choice for the next captain of the Enterprise would be Ed Harris or Dennis Quaid.

344181[/snapback]

Being a fan of Apollo 13 and The Right Stuff... I can agree Ed Harris could be a good Captain. He is tough to pidgeonhole, I can agree with that. But seeing him in movies that put him into the Space Program, it seems to suit him extremely well. So seeing him in Starfleet, might do equally well if the role is right.

Dennis Quaid, while I like him as an actor and I do not keep seeing The Alamo as UH does, I do however, I keep picturing Innerspace.

Kevin Sorbo.. he could do well, but he may be a bit of a fish out of water in Trek. So I voted, he could be in Trek though maybe not as a Captain.

I'd rather not see Kevin Sorbo taking charge of a new ship. I never really watched 'Hercules' but I've watched a couple of episodes of 'Andromeda' and I think he's probably a bit too identifiable in the Sci-fi world to work as a new Star Trek captain. However you never know, he is an entertaining actor and it is entirely possible that he may work well. I'd definately like to see him in a special guest role - coming on for an episode or two.

Personally I'd like to see either Bill Pullman or Bill Paxton. Actually just thought - maybe Jean Reno.

Edited by Matt