Sign in to follow this  
Chataeya

FLOOD CONTROL

:lol: WHAT'S WITH THIS FLOOD CONTROL THING???? HECK I'M THE ONLY ONE IN HERE AT THIS TIME......... B)

Nah, take it with a pinch of salt and you'll be fine. What really bugs me is useless amounts of smilies people use. ARRGGGH! Think of the memory wasted people...

:flex: :( :tear: B) :P B) :wow::grin: :huh: ;) B) :( :lol: :borgqueen: :huh: :flex::eek: :)

Meet my family...:P

:lol: WHAT'S WITH THIS FLOOD CONTROL THING???? HECK I'M THE ONLY ONE IN HERE AT THIS TIME......... B)

Flood control, unless I am mistaken, is designed to insure that people are not just jumping from thread to thread and posting without taking the time to read the posts from other members just to get their post count up. This also makes it more difficult for people to go to multiple threads and just paste the same message into the box and post without putting any thought into the post.

As for the smilies, most of the ones used are simply links that pull the image from another location so it does not take up much memory.

Yeah, it is to prevent rapid posting associated with spam - not the imitation meat.

It's just to prevent excessive amounts of posting, and repetitive, pointless spam.  :lol:

That's one of the many things I like about this board---no spamming!