Sign in to follow this  
ddillard

Dedication from Wesley Crusher

LOL, the fun thing is that if you check to original post date you will see that I have been using this thread to torture her for over a year now.

I have to agree with odie and RC that i dont like it ever. Still its funny no annoy RC with (J/K dont hit me)

All right guys (Kevin and dill), I listened to the whole song like I said I would and I still don't like it, so ppppptttttthhhhhhh!!!! cheeky-smiley-022.gif I'll admit the music is pretty but I don't like the words. And just for good measure, *THWACK*

I don't have the energy to fix all these broken smilies :lol:

248237[/snapback]

At least you listened to it, that's all I ever ask of someone before they say they hate something.

I think it's a classic love song though. It's sweet and sad at the same time.

I remember all my life

Rainin' down as cold as ice

Shadows of a man

A face through a window

Cryin' in the night

The night goes into

Mornin', just another day

Happy people pass my way

Lookin' in their eyes

I see a memory

I never realized

How happy you made me, oh Mandy

He's singing about how empty his life is, how he walks down the street and passes all these happy couples. He looks into their eyes and sees a memory of what his life used to be, he realises the his one true love, Mandy was what really made him happy.

CHORUS

Well you came and you gave without takin'

But I sent you away, oh Mandy

Well, you kissed me and stopped me from shakin'

And I need you today, oh Mandy

He realises how giving Mandy was, never asking for anything in return only giving her love and compassion for the sake of giving her love and compassion and he sent her away, broke up with her. Now he knows that he really needs Mandy in his life.

Standin' on the edge of time

Walked away when love was mine

Caught up in a world of uphill climbin'

The tears are in my mind

And nothing is rhymin', oh Mandy

He's thinking back to the time when he broke up with Mandy, he walked away from her even though she gave her love to him fully and unconditionally. He was too caught up in being "Upwardly Mobile" and career oriented and now he is overwhelmed with sadness at the realization of what he threw away, his one chance at real happiness. And now, because of this deep inner sadness he can't write songs because "nothing is rhymin'".

Yesterday's a dream

I face the mornin'

Cryin' on a breeze

The pain is callin', oh Mandy

He is beginning to think of his time with Mandy as a dream, something that couldn't have been real. If it had been real then how on earth could he have given it up so easily? He has to face the morning, face reality. The reality of being alone and without his one true love, Mandy.

It's a sad song to think of a person having someone so loving in their life and then throwing it all away and then coming to the realization later of just what he had and knowing that it was the biggest mistake of his life. But at the same time it's tender to hear of how he now thinks of her and recognizes the love that she had for him.

And just to answer your question, yes I always analyse songs like that lol

The reason that I don't like this song is it reminds me what I went through with someone that I am seeing right now. It just to close home for my liking.

But that's exactly why I don't like it, it's sad. I don't like sad love songs. I don't even like to watch romantic movies unless I know everything turns out ok in the end. I've never had a sad experience with love and I hope I never do.

But that's exactly why I don't like it, it's sad. I don't like sad love songs. I don't even like to watch romantic movies unless I know everything turns out ok in the end. I've never had a sad experience with love and I hope I never do.

248569[/snapback]

That's ok, you don't have to like it. I am glad you at least heard it through though.

I think that a lot of times a song can't strike a chord in someone unless the person listening can put themselves in the place of the person that the singer's singing about. If you can't "feel" the song it won't have meaning for you.

I think that a lot of times a song can't strike a chord in someone unless the person listening can put themselves in the place of the person that the singer's singing about. If you can't "feel" the song it won't have meaning for you.

248578[/snapback]

That's it exactly. There's nothing about this song I can relate to so it just does nothing for me. Robert's my first love and we're still together, and still totally in love. I've never broken up with anyone so I just can't relate to this song.

Now I'm starting to analyze it like you Kevin. :boxing::hammer:

It's almost a shame I don't like the words because the music really is lovely.