What Do You Give This Movie?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What Do You Give This Movie?

• A- It's Great
    • B- It's Good
    • C- It's Okay
    • D- It's Lacking
    • F- It's Horrible

Growing up a big fan of the original movie, I can't wait to see this. The critics say it's great and I think Depp makes a good choice for Wonka. A review of this movie when I return from watching this afternoon.

I wont go into Depth about it I just got back from it, Its not the original movie at all, its in Tim's Burton Vision and his vision is great, it really follows the book, so if you never read the book and only saw the Gene Wilder movie you might be a little confused, Depp was excellent in the Role A++, this beats out batman and Sleepy Hollow as my favorite Burton movies, the Ompaloopa's Songs are funny too, but the whole time sitting there i was wondering how Burton would do with a Star trek Movie LOL, but see this a+

I absolutely loved this movie. It has reminded me why the original film was so special. Even though the original will always be a classic, in most ways, I almost think that this movie surpassed the original. For example, it actually showed more than the original film. In the original “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory”, it is only mentioned how the Oompa Loompas came to work in the factory. But in “Charlie”, you actually see Wonka go to their home country and find out why they are even working for him. Another interesting thing about this movie is that we get to see into the life of a young Willy Wonka when he was just a child; he has been emotionally scarred by his strict father who never allowed him to eat chocolate or any other candy because his dad was a dentist.

The scenery for this film is amazing. From the snow covered city, to the candy room in the factory, it was very beautiful and set the perfect mood for the story. Tim Burton in a recent interview said that it is real chocolate that you see coming down the waterfall, no fake stuff. All in all, it is very wonderful eye candy.

As my brother, who was with me mentioned, it was amazing how well the young actors in this film did. Very talented and eerily resembling the actors who were in the original film. The person who was Charlie in the film did an excellent job, and so did the person who played his grandfather. Johnny Depp is the perfect choice for Wonka. Wonka comes off as a big kid and Depp played it brilliantly. He is just what you see on the TV commercials, a very cool character that made the movie even more interesting.

The music was very catchy, with each new person that was eliminated from the contest; the Oompa Loompas changed the music entirely for each one. These songs had me tapping my toes at many parts, it has inspired me to go out and buy the soundtrack. And the classical scores by Danny Elfman were fantastic as well, he is sure to be the next John Williams. His music help set the mood during the opening credits when the chocolate bars are shown being made.

Overall, this film is everything I had hoped it would be. This has become my favorite Burton film. The entire time, I can’t remember when a smile wasn’t literally on my face; it was just like being a kid again watching the original for the first time, even though in some ways the stories are completely different. This is probably the most fun time I’ve had in the theater so far this summer, and I have seen Episode III and Batman earlier this season. On a pure enjoyment factor, this movie is tops. What’s not to like? It’s a feel good movie that touches the inner child in us and leaves you feeling good by the end. If you miss this movie, you are missing something huge.

10 out of 10 stars

Edited by Gamera

I liked also how you saw his childhood, and his mom was cute too :lol:, grandpa joe in the original was a deadbeat to me, laying in bed for 25 years not working, not knowing he ever worked, but its cool to see he really worked in the choclate factory back in the day

I guess not many people were as excited as me in seeing the greatest Tim Burton Movie ever made!

:oops:

for real, at least Gojistomp is excited about it.

it was #1 this past weekend! Yay, I'm telling you guys, everyone needs to see this movie. One of Burton's best!

I just went to see it today and I give it a B. It was a very good movie but when you try to compare it to the older movie they just don't compare at all. I like them both. I wish that they did not take out some of the things they did like the lift drinks and I thought that it seemed A bit rushed. All in all it was a good show.

I just went to see it today and I give it a B.  It was a very good movie but when you try to compare it to the older movie they just don't compare at all.  I like them both.  I wish that they did not take out some of the things they did like the lift drinks and I thought that it seemed A bit rushed.  All in all it was a good show.

341917[/snapback]

Did you Ever Read the Book, Movie is right on, where the original wasnt, thats what makes this so much Better IMO, and no annoying music Numbers, and Petifile Candy store Owners

oops:

Yes I have read both books even though I admit it has been a long time ago that I read them. I do remmber that the lifting drink and the part in the office later was in the book I think(now I will have to go back and read it again lol). I did enjoy both movies.

I give it an 'A'

My favorite part was the HUGE allusion to "2001: A Space Odessy." I caught it the second the Oompa-Loompa switched channels, but they way they drew it out was hilarious! I just kept laughing!

The melting puppets scene was also great...although it brought back distinct memories from "Raiders of the Lost Arc." :P

When I go to DisneyWorld in 2 weeks, Im gonna ride its a small world just hpoing I see the Puppets melt :P

Its a small world after all its a Small World after all.......

Ok but I loved the opening of the factory in the movie, when Wonka isnt in the Chair but watching the puppet show, Awsome, I need to see this movie again

yesterday I went to my local bookstore and bought the books "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" (the original novel, not the one based on the movie) and "Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator" (the sequel to the original book)

"Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" is only 155 pages long and I'm already on page 87. This book is actually one of those hard to put down books that's originally intended for children but are enjoyed by adults as well, just like the movies. Between the two movies, newest one is closer to the book than the original Gene Wilder movie. For example, Oompa Loompas in the book do not have green hair but they have golden brown hair. The Oompa Loompa songs from the new movie are almost word for word taken from the book. Lines from the book are also in the new movie. Overall, yes the new movie is in fact movie like the book.

But there are parts from the Gene Wilder movie that closely resemble the book that aren't in the new movie.

Yes I have read both books even though I admit it has been a long time ago that I read them.  I do remmber that the lifting drink and the part in the office later was in the book I think(

342628[/snapback]

:P just got finished reading the book and I have to say that the new movie is almost dead on to the novel, but some things were changed in the new movie that aren't in the book, but 98% of the new movie is correct.

:lol: In response to the quote, they don't drink fizzy lifting drinks in the book and they don't go to his office at the end. Charlie wins the contest the same way he does in the new movie. They do, however, mention the lifting drinks. On the tour he walks by the door and explains what the drink is, but Charlie and Grandpa Joe never go in and break the rules like in the original movie.

F.

This is by far one of the worst movies I have seen in a looooooooong time.

And yes I have read the book. And yes I have seen the first film. And yes, I still think this movie was not worthy of anyone seeing it.

Its a fun Movie in the Stly of Tim_buton, The Everything is Edible area is awsome, and the Choclate this time looks like choclate, not Guinesse

I guess it's just not me cup of tea... or hot chocolate! Haha.

I apologize for the joke I just made. Yikes.

me ad my G/f were looking at Wedding stuff and you can get a Choclate fountain for Special occasions, when I see her I'm gonna look for the website for Tina

Tina...Tina TINA! Get off the waterfall!!

Dude! I'm trying to save the fat german kid!

HONESTLY *grabs me some Johnny Depp* :)

a Little off Topic, but Watching Pirates of The Caribenia (SP) My G/f, her Mom & Aunt i thought were gonna jump the TV Screen to go after mr. Depp, and I'm secure enough with my Sexuality that I can say he is a good looking man